KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Board Rules.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> News & Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorKong
Ozzy Fudd
Ozzy Fudd

Location: In his mad-scientist lab working on yet another plan for World Domination(tm)!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Board Rules. Reply with quote

It seems that the old list of board rules have been somehow deleted... I will restate them.

1. No pictures of nekkid people allowed. The definition of 'nekkid' includes (but is not limited to) the following:

A. Any view of the 'crack' in a person's (any gender, any age) backside. Any views of a person's backside must include haveing the crack COMPLETELY covered (ie. THONGS = nekkid).

B. Any view of the chest of a female (any age) that shows the uncovered nipples or surounding pigminted area is NOT allowed.

C. The sexual organs (any gender, any age) and the associated hair (in mature persons) are NOT allowed to be shown.

D. Any view of containing A thru C will be deleted immeadiately upon an admin or moderator seeing it. Repeat offenders risk being banned. The admin and moderators reserve the right to delete any OTHER image that is deemed unsuitable for this site.

2. Treat your fellow members with at least SOME respect. Do not, for instance, call another member Bad Names or otherwise insult them without at least providing a clear, compelling (in other words NON-Silly) argument that supports your opinion. Note: OBVIOUS JESTS and Taunting of other DC Teams are EXEMPT from this rule, as long as they are kept tasteful. Also, respect the freedom of speech of your fellow members. If a post of another member Offends YOU to no end, just ignore it. It might not offend other members. After all, you do not HAVE to participate in that thread. Any/all topical concerns should be discussed via PM with either an admin or a moderator, NOT on the board. All 'cussing' filters have been removed and occasionally using a 'bad word' is ok, just don't go overboard with it or an admin/moderator may edit it (at their sole discretion). There are NO topics that are 'out of bounds' by fiat on the Round Table for reasons other than common decency (resaons include, but are not limited to graphic discussion of sexual behavior... again, at the admins/moderators discretion). The other public forums should be restricted somewhat to the topics assigned them. (For instance, discussion of G@H, DF, and F@H, etc. on the Humanitarian Projects forum). Topics might be moved to the Round Table (at the admins/moderators discretion) if too FAR off-topic. Also, please be considerate of your fellow members when posting large images. Some individual forums have tighter limits on this than others.

3. Have fun.

4. There is no rule #4.

5. No advertisements for products will be tolerated here. Go elsewhere to do your business..

AMD AthlonII X3 450 / Intel Celeron M @ 1.3GHz
jonnyv
Happy Fun Admin
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5a. "Products" includes other, non-KWSN teams.

Below edited by MajorKong:

KWSN Members are NOT to pimp on other team's forums.

Other teams pimping on the KWSN forum is not allowed.

Both are EXTREMELY bad form, and will be dealt with.

A brief mention of your team name/number in your .sig is fine... But gratitious pimping is NOT.
MajorKong
Ozzy Fudd
Ozzy Fudd

Location: In his mad-scientist lab working on yet another plan for World Domination(tm)!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millennium Knight wrote:
From the Board Rules Item 2 wrote:

If a post of another member Offends YOU to no end, just ignore it. It might not offend other members.

http://www.kwsnforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1327

I couldn't find ANY rules regarding nested quotes. Also, in my browser the nested quotes take on an interesting shape. I am sorry that I didn't consider others that are using non-mainstream browsers.

I forgive all concerned, but I would appreciate it if thread locking could be avoided. I still don't understand why we have so many locked threads as it is. Locked threads stop the ability to finish the dialog and wrap up the issue involved.

Greetings, Millennium Knight.

Back during my tenure, the nested quote thingie was more a request than a hard & fast rule. Again, mainly due to its visual impact.. In my opinion, things are just a lot easier to read if gratitously and grossly nested quotes are kept to a minimum. And it does freak out on some people's browsers....

As to the locked thread issue.... I still exercise my duties as a moderator, but tend to leave the admin-ing to the three gents I got to replace me, though I still have the privs in case of EMERGENCY. IMO, there are only two reasons to lock threads, and I have only really done it for the first of them since my retirement.

1. Perpetual threads (such as the ender's word game) not specially exempted by the admins (such as the why fold for kwsn thread) are locked at page 9, and a new thread started. This allows the older info to fall off of the board at thread delete time. The word search databases can get freakin HUGE, and this helps to keep them smaller.

2. Someone either fed a troll (which makes them spew high-grade ugliness), or severely broke a forum rule (such as the nekkidness one), and has ignored PM requests to self-censor. Sorry if this upsets some people, but it is a valuable tool for the admin/mods to use in extremis.

Not really sure as to the rules the current admins go by... But, as I said, the only threads I really lock now without checking with one of them are the perpetual ones.

Hope this clears things up... Enjoy.

AMD AthlonII X3 450 / Intel Celeron M @ 1.3GHz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> News & Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: