KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

150 million BOINC combined for KWSN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: 150 million BOINC combined for KWSN Reply with quote

We are unstoppable! w00!

PS: That won't actually show us at 150 million for another 10 hours, but it's the thought that counts.

The interim update, as shown by my sig, has us at 150,088,608.

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer #Beer

#ni-1

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

Eaving
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only unstoppable but INVINCIBLE!
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our production for April seems to have dropped off dramitacally. Nevermind that it's only the second, graphs don't lie.

KWSN - A Shrubbery
Shrubbing since 2000 for the KaNI!ghts.
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Shrubbery wrote:
Our production for April seems to have dropped off dramitacally. Nevermind that it's only the second, graphs don't lie.

Actually we've been doing pretty well, regaining lost ground.

I'm not sure what's up with the negative credit day. If it was someone leaving, they took a whole lot of points with them.

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerWA wrote:
A Shrubbery wrote:

Actually we've been doing pretty well, regaining lost ground.

I'm not sure what's up with the negative credit day. If it was someone leaving, they took a whole lot of points with them.

I think it was a points correction day. A lot got hit with it.

Back to happier stuff, we seem to have gained a girm grip on 6th place. No chance at 5th (too far ahead and higher RAC). No one behind us that we have to worry about either.

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

Eaving
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we need to ply high producers with PGGB's? I'll probably be setting up my dads machine with Boinc in the next couple of days. Wont help greatly, but every little bit can't hurt.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrorless wrote:
I think it was a points correction day. A lot got hit with it.

Back to happier stuff, we seem to have gained a girm grip on 6th place. No chance at 5th (too far ahead and higher RAC). No one behind us that we have to worry about either.

Actually, we will eventually lose it if all teams keep at their present rate. We'll drop back to 8th in fact. Einstein at work, though only at 64 million credits now, is out producing us by 240,000 credits/day on average. BOINC @ Australia is out producing us by 100,000 credits/day and are currently at 87 million.

Granted, it will be a very long time before either one gets close to us, but if all stays as it is we'll drop to 8th again eventually. I don't know what we can do to add that much production. Every machine helps, but 100k+ credits is a lot to ask for. Even the quad core I want to add around the end of the year, overclocked, is only going to be worth 2,000ish/day. I dunno about you, but I sure can't afford 50 of those. Maybe we should post on some of the recruitment boards?

mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Aussies got Bruce Allen for a little while. Maybe we could try to wrest him from them for a while to give us the boost. He has mentioned in posts that he was considering shrubbing for different teams. I think one of the more eloquent knights should try to talk him into joining us for a while.

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

Lloyd M.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerWA wrote:
Actually, we will eventually lose it if all teams keep at their present rate. We'll drop back to 8th in fact. Einstein at work, though only at 64 million credits now, is out producing us by 240,000 credits/day on average. BOINC @ Australia is out producing us by 100,000 credits/day and are currently at 87 million.

Rats! And there's not a whole lot I will be able to do to help at this point. The best I can realistically hope for when I get the hardware that I have on hand online, is a little better than double the modest RAC I'm already doing.

Maybe I will get that big-time job I applied for today. That could finance some fairly serious shrubbers #evil
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I hear you. Even the uber QX6700 I want to build is a drop in the bucket compared to what we'd need to hold our ground indefinitely, let alone take another spot. That's why I keep talking about recruiting, we need more people that's all there is to it. We're actually doing really well considering how few "heavy hitters" we have relative to the rest of the top 10 teams. The difference is they have 10 heavy hitters and 2000 barely active members. We've got 5 heavy hitters and 1900 active members hehe. Based on RAC, I'm #26 in the team right now. A single QX6700 rig is almost able to out produce my entire farm, can you imagine getting 10 users on those suckers in the team? hehe

Eaving
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a drop in the bucket but I got my dads machine onto Rosetta tonight. Set up a new account for him as I figured he would be more interested if he could track his progress but I made sure he was part of the loonies Smile
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eaving wrote:
Only a drop in the bucket but I got my dads machine onto Rosetta tonight. Set up a new account for him as I figured he would be more interested if he could track his progress but I made sure he was part of the loonies Smile

Excellent! A hearty #ni-1 to you!

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My garden is getting a little heaftier. I've swapped out 2 machines, and a 3rd one is also being swapped.

P4 Xeon 1.5G became a Core 2 Duo E6400 (2.13G)
P4 2.8G HT laptop became a Core 2 Duo T7200 (2.0G)

The next one is:
P4 1.8G is going to be a Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4G)

Ahh, the fun of upgrading!

Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to shrub more so we can get into first place. That means outproduce SETI-Germany.

Ni
Prince
Prince

Location: Somewhere in the Outer Rim of a Galaxy far far away

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be adding a machine or two in the next 2-3 months but after that I don't have any more. Have a server that is idle most of the time, an old one so I will be adding that as a shrubbery in the next month. Then I am buying a laptop at some point, need it to carry around for various purposes, so that will be another one too.

My Greek Blog: The Dark Side of the Force and Other Stories
My English Blog: Snippets and Other Stories from the Net
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I can find a way to borg a couple of machines at my "alternate" location, I'm stuck where I am for a while machinewise

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me happy to see the growth of our forest. Our shrubbers must be mighty and many if we plan to take on the French! Or the Germans, whichever.

Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrorless wrote:
Unless I can find a way to borg a couple of machines at my "alternate" location, I'm stuck where I am for a while machinewise

Install as a service ( must have a password. ) then in administrative tools, bring up "services", double click boinc and go to the tab "log on", change to a Local System account. ( do not allow it to interact with Desktop ). Make sure that RPC is enabled. Delete your Passworded account. I recommend that you use an account manager in case you want to add or delete projects. I have heard that there is a way to prevent it from showing up in the Process list, But I don't know how to do that.
#ni-1
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Papa Smurph wrote:
mohrorless wrote:

Install as a service ( must have a password. ) then in administrative tools, bring up "services", double click boinc and go to the tab "log on", change to a Local System account. ( do not allow it to interact with Desktop ). Make sure that RPC is enabled. Delete your Passworded account. I recommend that you use an account manager in case you want to add or delete projects. I have heard that there is a way to prevent it from showing up in the Process list, But I don't know how to do that.
#ni-1

The machines I had in mind have people using them all day, 'cause the machines are on their desks. If I thought I could actually pull it off, I would consider it.

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: