KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My phpbb showcase for KWSN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: My phpbb showcase for KWSN Reply with quote

I'm working on a showcase for phpBB styles/themes/smilies/modifications to show the admin types here at KWSNforum. If you'd like to come take a look, I'd appreciate feedback and suggestions so that I know what everyone likes. That should give me a better idea of what to aim for hehe.

http://kwsn.all-racing.com

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Great! I registered so I could try out the themes full screen. Can't wait to see the smilies!

#ni-1 #ni-1

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I can't really take any credit since these are themes made by other people hehe. If there is a majority of people that like a given theme (or themes) I'll work on customizing them/improving them for use here (if the admins are willing).

Really this is just a way to keep myself busy instead of driving the admin types nuts here. Twisted Evil

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerWA wrote:
Really this is just a way to keep myself busy instead of driving the admin types nuts here. Twisted Evil

Do BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knock yourself out! I have been suggesting changes for a while now but have always been distracted before actually getting anything done. I think the main concern is that we don't want to make upgrades difficult but as I recall custom themes really don't affect that. And of course we can install a couple different ones and let people choose which one they want in their profile. But I wouldn't mind trying to restyle www.kwsn.net and stats.kwsn.net to match a new style we choose for the forums so that we have a more uniform look. But now I'm getting ahead of myself again and will probably be distrac.... hey look over there! something shiny! *wanders off* Embarassed

#ni-1
Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait are we moving forums again. I am confused, is this our new backup home? Please explain slowly and in small words/

Ni
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither. The site I'm working with is a showcase, just a place to show some possible changes like styles, colors, themes, smilies, and modifications without actually breaking anything here in the process. There is no intent for the forum to be active, and the few forums that exist that mimic here are just to make it look at least vaguely similar so that the themes can be more accurately examined.

MacG:

I warned you that I had a webhost idling. Twisted Evil I've also had a lot of phpBB and PHP experience.

So far the only modification required for these themes is the use of the extreme styles mod. It's drop-in, non-intrusive, with the exception of 2 files (that you guys would have to make sure there aren't mods in we'd lose).

Of course I'd volunteer to do all this, but that would require access to the server, and that's something I've never been comfortable asking for. That said, you could dump the site (minus the database) and I could check through everything on my own and let you know if anything conflicts. Some mods, like the chat one, are going to require customizing files (some for every theme, in all likelihood). Whether you want to do that, or would be ok sending me the file to modify is up to you.

Anywho, I've got stuff due this weekend so the site will be on hold for a few hours yet. Tonight I'll get back on it, I want to find a chat mod that works (the one I tried is on a set network, so it won't work for us on EFnet).

jbyram2
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All lettering should be in olde english calligraphy script.

at least let us use Drop capitils, you know, the big ornate first letter of the post, Thing:

Be it knowne to ye here that ye Sir Hampster of Elderberry is a loonie!

Bigger! fonts so we can shout louder!

BAckground should be a brick wall, like an orbiting fortress orbiting somewhere. or space, lots of space.

A faint odour of rotten eggs should come forthe whenever reading Sir Fart's posts.

Anyone from down under should have the title Bruce, or Shiela as appropriate.

Keep the smal smilies available, so's I can still make mosaics

The brain I'm wearing makes me eat chocolate and cry!!
Something Completely different
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should also be a secion of the forum where we can go pumpkim bowling!

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, what does that have to do with themes and such? Forum sections on a forum not meant to actually be used as a forum? Mayhap you meant that for Mac or someone with, I dunno, authority or something?

jbyram,

I actually could make the letters thing. It'd just be a lot more work than it's worth. Razz

The drop capital thing would require the same amount of work, just without the font files.

The fonts stuff is controlled by the forum software. There are mods to add more options, but somehow I don't think we need bigger text lol. I'll put in one of those mods so the admins can see it and reject it.

Web background images went out of style in 1973, which is interesting, since the WWW, indeed, HTML itself, didn't even exist yet.

Smell-o-vision is still in development, let alone smell-o-website.

Country based titles could be done, too. More work than it's worth.

Small smilies are irritating enough. Mosaics of smilies is reason enough for me to sneak code into any updates that go in to specifically prevent you from doing it.

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrorless wrote:
There should also be a secion of the forum where we can go pumpkim bowling!

Reminds me of an old Dr. Demento favorite:
Dwarf tossing and midget bowling!

mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerWA wrote:
...Smell-o-vision is still in development, let alone smell-o-website...

OH NO YOU DON'T!!!!!!!!!! NOT WITH SIR FARTY AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

jbyram2
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerWA wrote:

Small smilies are irritating enough. Mosaics of smilies is reason enough for me to sneak code into any updates that go in to specifically prevent you from doing it.

You wouldn't dare!

#Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color
#Fadeing color EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color Embarassed#infinity#Flash#Flash#Flash#infinityWink#Black smileWinkWinkWink#Black smileWink#Black smile#Black smile#Black smile#Black smile#Black smileWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWink#Black smile#Black smile#Flash#Black smile#Black smileWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color Embarassed#Black smileWinkWink#infinity#Black smileWink#Black smile#Black smileWink#Black smile#Black smileWinkWinkWink#Black smileWinkWinkWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWink#Black smile#infinityWink#infinityWinkWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color Embarassed#Black smileWinkWink#infinityWinkWink#Black smile#Flash#infinity#Flash#Black smileWink#infinityWink#Flash#infinity#infinityWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color EmbarassedWink#Black smile#Black smile#FlashWinkWink#FlashWink#Black smileWink#FlashWink#infinity#infinity#Black smileWinkWinkWink#FlashWink#infinityWink#infinityWink#Flash#Flash#Flash#Flash#infinityWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color EmbarassedWinkWinkWink#infinity#Black smileWink#Flash#infinity#Flash#infinity#FlashWink#infinityWink#Black smileWinkWinkWink#FlashWink#infinityWink#infinityWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color Embarassed#infinityWinkWink#infinity#Black smileWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#Black smileWink#infinityWink#Black smileWinkWinkWink#Black smile#infinityWink#infinityWinkWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color EmbarassedWink#Flash#Flash#Black smileWinkWink#Black smile#infinity#infinity#infinity#Black smileWink#Flash#Black smile#Black smile#Black smile#Black smileWink#Black smile#Flash#Black smile#Flash#Black smileWink#Flash#Black smile#Black smile#Black smile#FlashWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color #Fadeing color

Fart in your gen direxion
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrorless wrote:

OH NO YOU DON'T!!!!!!!!!! NOT WITH SIR FARTY AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<sigh> Sad Embarassed
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it have Taters
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbyram2 wrote:

#Fadeing color Embarassed#infinity#Flash#Flash#Flash#infinityWink#Black smileWinkWinkWink#Black smileWink#Black smile#Black smile#Black smile#Black smile#Black smileWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWink#Black smile#Black smile#Flash#Black smile#Black smileWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color Embarassed#Black smileWinkWink#infinity#Black smileWink#Black smile#Black smileWink#Black smile#Black smileWinkWinkWink#Black smileWinkWinkWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWink#Black smile#infinityWink#infinityWinkWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color Embarassed#Black smileWinkWink#infinityWinkWink#Black smile#Flash#infinity#Flash#Black smileWink#infinityWink#Flash#infinity#infinityWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color EmbarassedWink#Black smile#Black smile#FlashWinkWink#FlashWink#Black smileWink#FlashWink#infinity#infinity#Black smileWinkWinkWink#FlashWink#infinityWink#infinityWink#Flash#Flash#Flash#Flash#infinityWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color EmbarassedWinkWinkWink#infinity#Black smileWink#Flash#infinity#Flash#infinity#FlashWink#infinityWink#Black smileWinkWinkWink#FlashWink#infinityWink#infinityWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color Embarassed#infinityWinkWink#infinity#Black smileWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#Black smileWink#infinityWink#Black smileWinkWinkWink#Black smile#infinityWink#infinityWinkWink#FlashWinkWinkWink#infinityWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color
#Fadeing color EmbarassedWink#Flash#Flash#Black smileWinkWink#Black smile#infinity#infinity#infinity#Black smileWink#Flash#Black smile#Black smile#Black smile#Black smileWink#Black smile#Flash#Black smile#Flash#Black smileWink#Flash#Black smile#Black smile#Black smile#FlashWinkEmbarassed#Fadeing color

Hey punkin! What is that supposed to say? Everytime I try to look at it I start hearing voices.

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it as Smile JerWA

Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have a language choice for random on every thread and Hindu.

Ni
Prince
Prince

Location: "Between the inner edge of Outer Space...and the outer edge of Inner Space"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee....I had NO ideal on just how many smiley doo-dahs we had to choose from!

#alien Very Happy Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Rolling Eyes #evil Crying or Very sad Embarassed Razz #Mad Mad Neutral Mr. Green #Fade in #Beammeup-alien #Bday #Evil Bat #Bad Talk #angel #Beer #alien #Fist #Big smile #Bluegrab #Birthday #butterfly #Fadeing color #Cussing out #LOL #Lil angel #Eating smiley #infinity #Icecream #morning #Crazy #Egg #llying #monalisa #Milti #Newbie #Scramble #Shocked #Scatter #Rotcol #Rofl #Afro #Rainbow1 #Sleep #Turn-l #Flash #Smile_colors #Sniper #CHanges question exclamation #X-mas #Vamp #Usa #Onfire #Splat #Halfrobot
jbyram2
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pooh Bear 27 wrote:
I read it as Smile JerWA

See! Pooh Bear has drunk enough to read it correctly!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: