KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOINC standings question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: BOINC standings question... Reply with quote

I had an average day today for shrubbing. Got 818 in credit. Absolutely average, right there with my RAC.

HOW DID I FALL 20 IN THE BOINC STANDINGS?

I looked at the standings on Boincstats, and I noticed that anyone that had less then 900 in credit for the day fell (A LOT) those with more than 900 climbed in the standings.

I noticed that Climate Prediction seemed to be the related cause for it all too. Then I looked at the Climate prediction page of the BoincStats site. BoincStats is reporting that Climate Prediction received 100 million in credit today, when it looks like they had averaged around 50 million for the last 60 days. Shocked

I think that something might be amiss with the climate prediction data.

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

jonnyv
Happy Fun Admin
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember where I saw it now, but CPDN figured out a way to combine the credit for their various projects into the main project. So those users are getting a boost when that happens.

Found it: BIG credit changes at CPDN, again!
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyv wrote:
I can't remember where I saw it now, but CPDN figured out a way to combine the credit for their various projects into the main project. So those users are getting a boost when that happens.

Found it: BIG credit changes at CPDN, again!

While that just might be, I think something has gone awry over at Climate prediction. I took a look at the team's page over there and looked at the results for one of Jerwa's machines (not picking on you Jerwa). I found that Climate Prediction is issuing massive credit for WU's still in progress. Check it out here

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've always done that. They do trickle updates because the WUs take a LONG time to finish (80+ days on my Core2 6400's). So, every day they send a small update with the information you've gleaned thus far and you get credit for that.

Those WUs are "in progress" because my client didn't properly tell CPDN to go <bleep> itself when I dropped the project. The timers are wrong, and that's probably because of them combining projects, but if you go to the details of that WU here you will see all of the trickles that I sent back for that WU. All told, it's more than a million seconds of CPU time, or roughly 14 days. 6700 credits / 14 days is only 400 credits/day.

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so that is not it then. Please explain that unsual skew on the right side of the charts on this page:
http://www.boincstats.com/stats/project_graph.php?pr=cpdn

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

A Shrubbery
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit adjustment. They've done it before when they decided that BBC wasn't giving enough credits. I had 8000 that day when I can only top 2000 when all the planets align.

I didn't read the entire article but they were expecting huge numbers of credits.

KWSN - A Shrubbery
Shrubbing since 2000 for the KaNI!ghts.
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's probably from the combining of projects. They put CPDN classic, CPDN, and BBC all together. It'll probably take a few days for it to normalize again.

If you look at my credit history for CPDN there's a huge spike while I wasn't even running CPDN (and I mean huge, like 40k credits) that vanished the next day. No clue what they were doing lol.

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: