KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And they were wearing nothing but a pothole!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotciv KOTHRT
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: And they were wearing nothing but a pothole! Reply with quote

And they were wearing nothing but a pothole!
Citizens of Saskatchewan town pose nude for calendar to protest bad road
OTTAWA - People in a small town in Western Canada are so fed up with the rotten state of their main road that they came up with an unusual form of protest — a calendar that shows them posing nude in the potholes.

One inhabitant of Leader, Saskatchewan, is shown sitting in a canoe that is perched in a pothole. Another has his dignity preserved by a well-placed camera, while a third man covers up with a strategic hubcap.

"The initial impression when people open the calendar for the first time is 'Oh my God!' It's pretty dramatic," said Wayne Elhard, the local member of the provincial legislature.

Leader, a town of just 1,000 in a largely farming area of southwest Saskatchewan, says it can't afford to fix all its roads.

"The potholes are not small, one-foot-diameter potholes. They are many feet, across and sometimes they're as deep as a foot deep, and sometimes they will stretch for yards," Elhard told CBC television Wednesday.

He said that over the summer local authorities had covered the worst stretch of the main road with gravel to improve safety.

"It's been a constant problem. We've raised it with the (provincial) government every opportunity we had ... all to no avail, frankly," he said.
Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: