KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WCG needs 17.5 GB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larry1186
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: WCG needs 17.5 GB? Reply with quote

[also posted at WCG and BOINCstats]I just signed up for WCG and when I tried to get work, I recieved the following error message:

Quote:

Sat Oct 21 23:33:53 2006|World Community Grid|Sending scheduler request to https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi
Sat Oct 21 23:33:53 2006|World Community Grid|Reason: Requested by user
Sat Oct 21 23:33:53 2006|World Community Grid|Requesting 43200 seconds of new work
Sat Oct 21 23:33:59 2006|World Community Grid|Scheduler request succeeded
Sat Oct 21 23:33:59 2006|World Community Grid|Message from server: No work could be sent.
Sat Oct 21 23:33:59 2006|World Community Grid|Message from server: No disk space (YOU must free 17573.2 MB before BOINC gets space). Review preferences for minimum disk free space allowed.

Why does WCG need 17.573 GB of disk space?!? that would take forever on my dialup connection...

I have about 2.5 GB available HD on my iMac G4, MacOS 10.4.8, 700 MHz, 1 GB RAM running BOINC 5.4.9

My other projects d/l and crunch just fine with no complaints about disk space - Rosetta, Einstein, SETI
A Shrubbery
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My WCG space is currently at 34MB. Not as large as some, but bigger than most. Certainly not in the GB range though. Only the climates and Simap have managed to pull that one off on my systems.

KWSN - A Shrubbery
Shrubbing since 2000 for the KaNI!ghts.
larry1186
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved!

WCG did not accept prefs from BAM! so I had to manually set prefs at WCG site. They thought my host was using the default General prefs of "leave at least 20 GB free" and I only had 2.5 GB free, hence the needed 17.5 GB additional needed space. (WCG thread)

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: