KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Archery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seejay
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Archery Reply with quote

Seeing the Knigntly nature of this team, I was wordering if any others of you practised the fine sport of archery?

Head of D.O.C.
Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother had a bow, and I used to practice some when I was young. I haven't thought about it in ages. I do practice a bit with a slingshot, in an endless effort to keep the rabbits out of the garden, but that's not the same.

ni! i!u
Seejay
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Hamster of Elderberry wrote:
My brother had a bow, and I used to practice some when I was young. I haven't thought about it in ages. I do practice a bit with a slingshot, in an endless effort to keep the rabbits out of the garden, but that's not the same.

ni! i!u

MY brother has never done anything, apart from " Goin' down the Pub ". I don't yet shoot living things ( the wife's come close a couple of times...), I take part in target shooting tournaments and I'm gettin' pretty good at it, so I guess the living things will have to keep their heads down ( wife included )...

ni! i!u

Head of D.O.C.
Fart in your gen direxion
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Hamster of Elderberry wrote:
I do practice a bit with a slingshot, in an endless effort to keep the rabbits out of the garden, but that's not the same.

A slingshot Confused ?!

That would never work here, we gots bunnies bigger than dogs Cool .

Sir Robin
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried tried a bow and arrow once to try and get those pesky wabbits out of the garden. Finally gave up without having any luck. My new 12 gauge does a better job.

Grawlfang
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Archery Reply with quote

Seejay wrote:
Seeing the Knigntly nature of this team, I was wordering if any others of you practised the fine sport of archery?

Seejay,

Yes I loose a few dozen arrows at least once a week. Still rather new to the sport though and have not managed to get a bronze "club award" for scoring 250 from 30yds with 3 dozen arrows on 3 occasions yet.

p.s. The technique of your animation is dreadful.

Ni!
Fang

Seejay
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Archery Reply with quote

Grawlfang wrote:
Seejay wrote:

The technique of your animation is dreadful.

Ni!
Fang

I agree that the animation sucks, but it was all I could come up with at short notice. As for the archery, I gave up losing arrows in September as we've started the indoor season and it's almost physically impossible not to hit a target at 18 metres ( 40 feet ).

Ni!
Seejay

Head of D.O.C.
KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Archery Reply with quote

Grawlfang wrote:

p.s. The technique of your animation is dreadful.

Ni!
Fang

I hope you're talking about the archery technique there Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

#ni-1 #ni-1 #ni-1

Sir Robin
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Archery Reply with quote

Seejay wrote:
Grawlfang wrote:
Seejay wrote:

Ni!
Fang

I agree that the animation sucks, but it was all I could come up with at short notice. As for the archery, I gave up losing arrows in September as we've started the indoor season and it's almost physically impossible not to hit a target at 18 metres ( 40 feet ).

Ni!
Seejay

Is that because the target is 40 feet square?

Grawlfang
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Archery Reply with quote

Seejay wrote:

As for the archery, I gave up losing arrows in September as we've started the indoor season and it's almost physically impossible not to hit a target at 18 metres ( 40 feet ).

Ni!
Seejay

Hee Hee!!!

I've just completed my first league match indoors - scored a pathetic 166 with 36 arrows from 15 yards - oh, so many in the 5 and 4 to the right of the gold - must try to get my sight aligned correctly before the next match.

Ni!
Fang

Grawlfang
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Archery Reply with quote

Sir Robin wrote:
Seejay wrote:
Grawlfang wrote:
Seejay wrote:

Ni!
Fang

Ni!
Seejay

Is that because the target is 40 feet square?

BBBBBHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

No, the target is around 1 foot square using standard triangulation techniques.

Ni!
Fang

Seejay
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Archery Reply with quote

Grawlfang wrote:

Ni!
Fang

Actually, it's a 40 cm diam. circular target with concentric circles getting smaller towards the centre. The outer circle is worth 1 point and the bull's eye is worth 10.

Head of D.O.C.
Grawlfang
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Archery Reply with quote

Seejay wrote:
Grawlfang wrote:

Ni!
Fang

Actually, it's a 40 cm diam. circular target with concentric circles getting smaller towards the centre. The outer circle is worth 1 point and the bull's eye is worth 10.

Improved muchly these last two league matches with indoor scores of 251 and (after a two month break) a 240...also got a new arrow rest but need a decent button to keep the arrows off the riser * silly me *

Ni!
Fang

Seejay
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Archery Reply with quote

Grawlfang wrote:

Improved muchly these last two league matches with indoor scores of 251 and (after a two month break) a 240...also got a new arrow rest but need a decent button to keep the arrows off the riser * silly me *

Ni!
Fang

How do your matches work over there... for 18mt indoor we have 20 volleys of 3 arrows per volley... potential total 600pts.. personal best 526

Head of D.O.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: