KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats happening to scores on Einstein

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rangers FC
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Whats happening to scores on Einstein Reply with quote

Claimed credit about 45.0
granted credit lots of 20's
and now a couple of 8.0's

is this my end or Einsteins

cheers

KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Whats happening to scores on Einstein Reply with quote

Rangers FC wrote:
Claimed credit about 45.0
granted credit lots of 20's
and now a couple of 8.0's

is this my end or Einsteins

cheers

You're getting caught in quorums where the other two users are using AkosF's optimised client. I'm using that & I consistently claim credit for 8-10 per WU's....

don't Worry S4 is almost over. the Optimisations are going to be built in to S5 and then everything will be back on a level playing filed.

To sort this out, if you can't beat them join them!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

go here http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/forum_thread.php?id=3898 to get the optimised code (Windows only)

#ni-1 #ni-1

Rangers FC
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers thanks for reply

Son Goku
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what's happening. From what I've read in the beta, I'm not sure that all the optimizations will make it's way in (Akosf's app is still faster), but by a much, much smaller degree... Akosf has still been speaking with the project staff on other things he was doing, and why it's better then what they were doing (for instance greater precision in the calculations, even while improving performance).

But for now, it's because many such as myself, aren't using a callibrating client with Akosf's app #ni-1
Elwood
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, optimized app with stock client claims about 8; optimized app with optimized client claims low twenties, so most of the time you're going to get between 20 and 50 depending on quorum, but the occassional 8 or less will slip through. It's a great deal for optimized app users, we get 12-40 "extra" cobblestones per WU more often than not, but it can definitely suck in you're stock all the way.

As already mentioned, it'll sort itself out in S5, which should be underway here in a couple of weeks. Until then, get the optimized app!
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and give the low claim to others Very Happy

Seriously though, back when I had an AXP 1900+ and I saw people come around with their dual core Pentium 4s or Athlon 64 x2s, I used have much the same thought about what could happen to my credits Very Happy The optimized app is easier to get however, then a whole new CPU #ni-1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: