KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New tests results say....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you could be allergic to anything, what would it be?
Work
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
TV Commercials
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Politics
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Option #4
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Pants which show your butt crack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
People who wear pants which show their butt crack
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Alpacas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stupidity (although you might break out in hives a lot!)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

klaatuborada
Yo ho! Post ho!
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: New tests results say.... Reply with quote

no more tests needed.

I'm allergic to everything. Immune system gone mad. What fun, eh?

So, since we can't do anything about the food allergies, we're going to attack the environmental allergies, (did you know they test for cockroaches and flies, so they actually put that stuff under my skin? Gives me the heebee jeebies... )

So, yes Mr. Snrub, I should get a BA in allergies, or do I now qualify for a masters? Do I have to submit a paper? Should I blow my nose in it? I have quite a few titles in mind.....

Started on allergy shots today, have been put on tons of antihistamines and asthma meds, (gee I thought everybody breathed that way...hmmmm), and get to rinse my sinus with a big plastic bottle.... yummy!

Hopefully my immune system will calm down, although, it seems I'm not processing my B12 very well, and that's a whole new ball game.

If worse comes to worse I'm ready to volunteer for the "rebooting" of the immune system to click things back on. It's controversial, but, if I end up with 3 or 4 immune problems, I'm going to go for it.

Re: chocolate. I may be allergic, but if you find me on the ground dead, with chocolate all over my face, you know I went out happy....

Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You poor old sausage! I hope you can get all this crap sorted out soon.

I've heard of this happening to quite a few people, and they've had to actually move out into the country to get away from a lot of pollutants.

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Grizzly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot The NFH

Regds Grizz
Very Happy

Ps Grizz in his second childhood - but not his last !

Edihtor of the KoKC (excused spel;l checher'er)

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. Snrub
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem seems to be that you are allergic to allergy tests. Keep a stiff upper lip, you magnificent Looney!
Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which option do I select if I'm already allergic to more than one item on the list????

I've lived with allergies and asthma for most of my life. It's hard for people that don't have allergies to understand that chasing the cat out of the room doesn't help - I need a house with no cats (I do like cats, just can't live with them). Severe allergies aren't just a minor inconvenience, they change how you live your life, and your allergies are far worse than mine. Medications are much better than they used to be, so hopefully they will find something that works for you (Singulair did wonders for me, but it doesn't work for everyone).

Dan

P.S.: The penguins are prepared to pay you a visit to cheer you up, but they are afraid you might be allergic to them too! Sad
Fart in your gen direxion
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your poor thing Crying or Very sad .

The only thing I'm allergic to is work Laughing .

So I endeavor to avoid it at all costs Cool .

#ni-2
klaatuborada
Yo ho! Post ho!
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Ham! I'm on the Singulair too! So far, so good. Also on loratadine, which is the generic version of clarinex (claritin). No decongestants because they interfere with my thyroid meds, only antihistamines, thank you. I've been so exhausted for so long, and I'm noticing that I'm slowly getting more energy to do everyday things. I even noticed that I'm getting deeper breaths when I breathe, like my lungs are opening up. I won't get rid of the cats. They stay. I'll just work around them.

Did that sinus wash today, and it was strangely good. Made it easier to inhale. Right on time for the Rites of Pollen, (by Stravinsky, of course), which lasts through the fall for me.... maybe this year I won't get pneumonia or bronchitis!! Maybe I won't even get sick! Shoot, I'll have to go to work all the time now... damn!

Also, I was going to put penguins on the poll, but didn't want to hurt any penguin feelings out there, same as rabbits, which I am allergic to.

And Mr. Snrub, high compliments from you are making me blush. I'm trying to get our passports up to date so we can visit relatives Ontario, (where I grew up, and now I need a passport to go "home", go figure), just a friendly warning.... I'll make sure if we ever get it together to go to give you enough time to run away, or at least disappear with the exotic dancer fund raisers.

Grizz - NFH, nfh, uhh, trying to compute... nfh, hmmm

Sir Fart - if I'm allergic to my own farts, then I'm in big trouble. But I can only dream of not working.... a life in retail/grocery is a dull and boring existance, but it sure beats the food service industry, although I don't make as much as Taxi, and the corporate world can kiss my sorry butt. Unless I'm CEO I don't want any of it! Stupid monkey jobs let me practice ZEN. We like stupid monkey jobs. And the one I've got is a Union job, so I get stupid monkey benefits, even as a part-timer. OOoOOOoooEEEEEEE!

Michele, thanks for the sympathy. My husband thinks it's all bull and I should just run 3 miles a day, and then I'll feel better. He doesn't think I should do the allergy injections, thinks it's just a money grab by the medical industry. But I say, if there's a chance that it might make me feel even a little better, than I'm going to take it. He's not big on the nurturing thing... so I appreciate it.

Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Hamster wrote:
It's hard for people that don't have allergies to understand that chasing the cat out of the room doesn't help - I need a house with no cats

You'd better not come here for dinner then. We've got 2. Laughing
My aunt is allergic to cats and she got asthma every she time she visited.

Lady K. wrote:
He's not big on the nurturing thing... so I appreciate it.

Aren't they all like that? Rolling Eyes
It sounds like you're going to need a daily meds timetable Shocked , but it's worth it if they help.

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: