KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A New View of The Disappearance of Dinosaurs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Science News and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: A New View of The Disappearance of Dinosaurs Reply with quote

T. rex - just too tired to survive?

Quote:
THEIR sudden demise millions of years ago has been blamed on everything from huge volcanoes and apocalyptic tsunamis to giant meteor impacts, even alien invasions.
But could it be dinosaurs became extinct simply because they didn't get the right kind of sleep?

Hm, interesting. Almost as good as any other theory, I suppose. Rolling Eyes

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
wraithe40
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the number of carniverous species back then and the rate that they ate each other it may be possible that they destroyed each species of dinosaur and so forth thru eating each other...
we do that now just by greed and the fact that we farm so little of the worlds animals and yet we still eat the wild ones...
Man may have been part of the demise of the dinosaur as well thru eating the animals faster than reproduction rates and eating the eggs as well as the young before maturity and the chance to reproduce...
Very interesting subject...thanks michelle...
80 gb H/D + DVD R/RW dual layer + CD R/RW
NVIDIA 6200 AGP 256 mb ram
Ethernet and DSL..
MANDRIVA 2006 (of course linux, what else is there)
plus 3 other toys..
celeron 2.4 ghz
and a celeron-D 2.66 ghz
and a C3 toy of my sons...
No 5 will be born soon..he he he..
Fart in your gen direxion
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wraithe40 wrote:

Man may have been part of the demise of the dinosaur as well thru eating the animals faster than reproduction rates and eating the eggs as well as the young before maturity and the chance to reproduce...

Umm, man came millions of years later Confused . The only mammals present at the time of dinosaurs were small shrews, of which we're descendants. Some of us, like Sir Hamster, never advanced far beyond the shrew Razz .

#ni-2
Gunslinger
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just say here, for one moment, that I have a new theory about the brontosaurus?

#2gunfire

Psychopathic Gun-toting Knight. Available for Hire!
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunslinger wrote:
Can I just say here, for one moment, that I have a new theory about the brontosaurus?

#2gunfire

Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fart in your gen direxion wrote:
wraithe40 wrote:

Umm, man came millions of years later Confused . The only mammals present at the time of dinosaurs were small shrews, of which we're descendants. Some of us, like Sir Hamster, never advanced far beyond the shrew Razz .

#ni-2

Dear Sir Fart,

Never advanced!?!?!?!?!???! Why next I suppose you'll be try to tell me what a good idea opposable thumb were. Tool use is overrated I say! Just look at all the trouble its cause along the way! #Mad Give me cheek pouches stuffed full of sunflower seeds any day. Don't forget about the crowning cultural acheivements of us Hamsters either!!!

ni! i!u
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunslinger wrote:

#2gunfire

NO!

Looneys!!

wraith wrote:
Very interesting subject...thanks michelle...

You're welcome, wraith.
Dinosaurs were extinct long before we had a chance to eat them.

#ni-1

wraithe40
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True mammals, which had already appeared in the Triassic period, were rare, as the Cretaceous reptiles dominated. The placental mammals develop during the period.
MESOZOIC ERA
Began: 245.0 million years ago
Ended: 066.4 million years ago
Lasted: 178.6 million years

The Mesozoic is divided into three time periods: the Triassic (245-208 million years ago), the Jurassic (208-144 million years ago), and the Cretaceous (144-66.4 million years ago.BIOLOGICAL CHANGES

Mesozoic means "middle animals", and is the time during which the world's animal population changed drastically from the Paleozoic Era. Flying reptiles and birds first appeared during the Mesozoic. Dinosaurs, which are perhaps the most popular organisms of the Mesozoic, evolved in the Triassic, but were not very diverse until the Jurassic. Except for birds, dinosaurs became extinct at the end of the Cretaceous. Some of the last dinosaurs to have lived are found in the late Cretaceous deposits of Montana in the United States.

The Mesozoic was also a time of great change in the terrestrial vegetation. The early Mesozoic was dominated by conifers, with modern pines and sequoias first appearing. Flowering plants, deciduous trees, and grasses also appeared during this era.

MASS EXTINCTION

By the end of the Cretaceous, about 75% of all species, including marine, freshwater, and terrestrial organisms, became extinct. The rather abrupt disappearance of Cretaceous life remains a mystery. Theories for the extinctions include one or a mixture of the following: drastic cooling of the globe, retreat of the seas, breakup of the continents, biological disease, reversals of the Earth’s magnetic field, or a change in the atmospheric carbon dioxide and oxygen. Another popular theory was introduced in 1980 by Luis Alvarez and his colleagues at the University of California. Alvarez suggested that the Earth was struck by an asteroid or comet about 6 miles (10 kilometers) in diameter around 65 million years ago. Such an impact an impact (or series of impacts) would spread dust into the atmosphere, suppressing photosynthesis and disrupting the food chain. Evidence of an impact includes a layer of iridium in the rock record, plus some probable impact craters dated back to the late Cretaceous.

http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/themes/sciences/LifeScience/PhysicalAnthropology/PrehistoricMan/HumanAntiquity/HumanLineage/HumanLineage.htm
Ethernet and DSL..
plus 3 other toys..
celeron 2.4 ghz
and a celeron-D 2.66 ghz
wraithe40
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i did forget to write in my words where...
if man has evolved from the mammals of the past then it was still our ancestors that may have been the demise to the dinosaurs as well as the sheer fact that during this period there was quite a large population of meat eaters...
the humanoid did not develop till later, that even i can't dispute, but are we talking man as homoerectus or as an unknown ...
we still have not settled on when early ape like man first evolved and we have no proof that we have the timeline back far enough....
We also don't know with any certainty that ape like man only appeared as late as diggers think...but i do agree that man as we know him is of an extremely late period,but ancient man...well how far back do we regard our ancestory...
mammals evolved a long time ago before they even had any dominance and then had dominance and again lost dominance ...
Cool
come on some one educate me with more info...
not single sentences.....
This is very interesting ...Thanks Michelle..
I love a good discussion...
#ni-1
Ethernet and DSL..
plus 3 other toys..
celeron 2.4 ghz
and a celeron-D 2.66 ghz
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wraithe40 wrote:

#ni-1

Ahem Confused .

We are the Knights of Ni. We prefer single syllable words, to say nothing of sentences.

A good percentage of Knights are certified MORONS, the balance are either imbeciles, idiots, dimwits, simpletons, fools etc.

Take da Griz for example Surprised . To our knowledge, he has never strung together a full sentence Rolling Eyes . Griz is a 2nd degree MORON. I'm a 1st degree MORON, thus I outrank da Griz Cool . There is no higher/lower plateau that 1st degree MORON. Were I to become more educated, I run the risk of slipping to 2nd degree status Sad . So I studiously avoid study Cool .
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wraithe wrote:
This is very interesting ...Thanks Michelle..

Edumacate? Skool is fer edumacation and lernin'.
Interweb is for finding things that look interesting and Orbiting Fortress is for posting things that look interesting.
#ni-1

Wink

Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: A New View of The Disappearance of Dinosaurs Reply with quote

Quote:
THEIR sudden demise millions of years ago has been blamed on everything from huge volcanoes and apocalyptic tsunamis to giant meteor impacts, even alien invasions.
But could it be dinosaurs became extinct simply because they didn't get the right kind of sleep?

Fiddlesticks!!! There is conclusive evidence that the dinosaurs danced themselves to death!!! Shocked

---> CLICKY <---

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ni! i!u
wraithe40
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got informed that the demise of the dinosaur is macdonalds fault...
They stopped producing them and done away with the dinosaur....
Ethernet and DSL..
plus 3 other toys..
celeron 2.4 ghz
and a celeron-D 2.66 ghz
Grizzly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fart in your gen direxion wrote:
wraithe40 wrote:

#ni-1

Ahem Confused .

We are the Knights of Ni. We prefer single syllable words, to say nothing of sentences.

A good percentage of Knights are certified MORONS, the balance are either imbeciles, idiots, dimwits, simpletons, fools etc.

Take da Griz for example Surprised . To our knowledge, he has never strung together a full sentence Rolling Eyes . Griz is a 2nd degree MORON. I'm a 1st degree MORON, thus I outrank da Griz Cool . There is no higher/lower plateau that 1st degree MORON. Were I to become more educated, I run the risk of slipping to 2nd degree status Sad . So I studiously avoid study Cool .

HUH !!!

Now listen O’Farty!! Grizz is a certifyied Moron from an approved skool!!!! Not one of your 1st degree wannabe idjits- sheesh. I got 92.8 degrees (on a good day) and as every fool know, 98 is bigger than 1!!! (.Cool Grizz even has a PH in spoil analysis, so watch it!!

I raise your Pan head Millywalky hog for a blunt screwdriver and an IOU from HMG (infernal revenue) chitty for your degree of moron !

Get out of that then

Regds Griozz

PS how’s the Hyundi pos?
Very Happy

Ps Grizz in his second childhood - but not his last !

Edihtor of the KoKC (excused spel;l checher'er)

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly wrote:

PS how’s the Hyundi pos?
Very Happy

Griz,

I never said you weren't a MORON. I remember when we were first met. I said to myself: Sir Fart, my gawd, this guy is a total imbecile. I wasn't sure if you'd ever make it to MORON status back then. But you have, and every day prove yourself worthy of the title. Your days of being a half-wit, a dimwit and an imbecile are behind you. You're a fully fledged MORON Cool .

Hyundai is still in the family, still runnin' and still a tin-plated POS Laughing .

#ni-2
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: A New View of The Disappearance of Dinosaurs Reply with quote

Sir Hamster of Elderberry wrote:
Quote:

Fiddlesticks!!! There is conclusive evidence that the dinosaurs danced themselves to death!!! Shocked

---> CLICKY <---

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ni! i!u

Aha!! The combination of too much disco dancing and a lack of sleep proved fatal! Shocked

Farty and Grizz, mes amis moronic, you are both world-class morons. I dream of one day becoming as moronic as you and bow in honour of your moronic majesty.
But today I found something far more terrifying than a complete moron. Today, I discovered megamoron!! Duh Duh Duh

I was mowing the front yard, as one does sometimes when it has rained and the yard is becoming jungle-like, when I discovered another stubby (beer bottle for non-Aussies). Unlike the first one, this one was smashed. I was not a happy girl because my pooch loves to run around the yard, and she was lucky she didn't end up with a paw sliced in half.
So....after picking up all the pieces, I went up the side of the house and called the neighbour out and gave her a serve. "Oh, it wasn't me, matey" she said, "I don't throw beer bottles into people's yards." "Well, someone over there did it. I've heard you yelling at your kids to give your beer back," I said. "Oh, it wasn't me but it might have been one of the kids," she said. (She is always yelling at the kids and telling them to stop drinking her beer, and they are way way under 18 ).
So I said "Well, control them. If I ever find another one of these in my yard, I'll report you," and walked off. She never even apologised or anything.
Mad See? Megamoron! And rough as bags! I heard her calling one of the kids an effing dumb c tonight. *shakes head* No wonder the kids are as bad as they are.
I'd almost said, "You're going down, beyatch!" but I was worried that she might have misinterpreted. Shocked Confused
Then when I got inside I realised I'd been standing there brandishing a broken beer bottle in one hand and a rolled up newspaper in the other. Laughing
I hope it scared her.

/rant.
Cool

Last edited by Michelle on Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle, when will the book "The Megamoron from Hell Neighbors and the Beer they loved" coming out?

Sounds like that mum isn't wrapped to tight, maybe a few bricks short of a full load.
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing You know what, Alpha? I think I did scare her. They quietened down really early tonight instead of screaming and swearing at each other until 11 or so.
One of these days I'm going to hook up the girl-child's microphone to this computer and stick it through the louvre windows to record them. Then I'd like to play it back really loud when they've gone to bed. #evil #ni-2

I reckon she's missing at least half the load. Confused

I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: A New View of The Disappearance of Dinosaurs Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
.........I went up the side of the house and called the neighbour out and gave her a serve.

To resolve conflict in Oz you challenge the neighbor to a game of tennis Confused ? Isn't that quaint. No wonder Aussies are so good at the game. They bicker and then before you know it, they're out there playing 5 sets in the noon day sun Rolling Eyes .
wraithe40
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Michelle, you go for it girll...
sounds like she belongs in the suburbs...
loud mouthed b****...
glad i moved away from ppl like that...
i like my peace...only stupidity around here happens on pc...
I hope peace comes ur way soon...

#ni-1
Ethernet and DSL..
plus 3 other toys..
celeron 2.4 ghz
and a celeron-D 2.66 ghz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Science News and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: