KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dead Forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN S@H Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grawlfang
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Dead Forum Reply with quote

I take it that this is one of those....

Must be because my seti@home stats have soared since going to boinc.

Ni!
Fang

ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure... we'll go with that. Rolling Eyes

Although it is an interesting dilemma. Since seti is a BOINC based project, do posts about it go here or over in the BOINC forum? Time will tell! (I hope)
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe purely seti (boinc) related stuff could still go in here. That way this particular forum would still be fairly active rather than sitting idle.

Just a thought, because seti is a large project and probably more well known than a lot of the other boinc projects. Plus this forum, if it was kept as purely seti (boinc), would be more visible initially to the people who are changing over from classic and might attract more attention from people who may be contemplating joining a team or changing teams.

[/my 2 cents worth]

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
miketheveeg
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: old seti Reply with quote

Quote:
Just a thought, because seti is a large project and probably more well known than a lot of the other boinc projects. Plus this forum, if it was kept as purely seti (boinc), would be more visible initially to the people who are changing over from classic and might attract more attention from people who may be contemplating joining a team or changing teams.

exactly... thats why I joined the KWSN...
consider myself an older seti shrubber from feb 2000, ran as screensaver... when I got the news seti was shuttin down i looked into BOINC and decided to also join up with a team as I was an independent shrubber... The KWSN drew me cause I'm an older shrubber and the Knights were a part of my upbringing... nothing better than following the grail with a bunch of friends....
as to where should the forum be? i havent seen a Herring emoticon yet...

question: Total Credit 20.15.... Avg Credit 2.00
was puttin along doing an Einstien and a seti testing my laptop... finished the einstien and detached from that project for now as always ran seti.. but wanted to try another.. curious.. anyways.. back to runnin seti again... jsut curious how i got credit for 20.15 work units or that is a team stat?
gonna be looking around the forums and website looking for answers to questions only a Knight would know....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miketheveeg wrote:
exactly... thats why I joined the KWSN...

Aha! Did you check out the forum before you actually joined? I'm asking because I was wondering if you did and if you noticed the "KWSN S@H Team"
heading rather than going into the "BOINC" team forum heading.
Like I mentioned before, I really feel that the classic seti users would look into the "KWSN S@H Team" forum first.

Then again they might not. Confused

The total credit of 20.15 is the number of points you received for the work unit. You receive x amount of points per unit depending on which unit and which project. Check out the BOINC home page for the list of projects that are available, and then you can decide from there which you would like to be involved. Also check out our BOINC forum because BURP and ufluids aren't listed on the main BOINC page.
If you're thinking about doing Climate Prediction, just be aware that the work units are bloody huge and take a long time but you do get credits along the way.

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN S@H Team All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: