KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Member of multiple groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloke
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Member of multiple groups Reply with quote

I need some semi-serious help... Back in the dim and distant past, when s@h first started, I had my little 386 dilligently working away on their behalf, but obviously in a different group.

This has continued through the years, and I am now boinc'ing on behalf of s@h as well as the einstein-thingie. If I just change my group over there, will all my accumulated credit (including classic seti) be transferred over here? It has taken me many, many moons to accumulate said credit, pathetic though the totals may be, and I would hate to lose it.

Bloke.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit from the old SETI@HOME project does not transfer. Sad
My understanding for BOINC is that any credits accumulated with a group remain with that group if you leave (a big change from SETI 1.0).

ni! i!u
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Hamster of Elderberry wrote:
Credit from the old SETI@HOME project does not transfer. Sad
My understanding for BOINC is that any credits accumulated with a group remain with that group if you leave (a big change from SETI 1.0).

ni! i!u

You are correct sir Hamster! Actually I think the plan was to do the same thing for classic but they never quite got around to it... And seti classic credit will show on your BOINC account page but it won't be added to your BOINC stats.

Anyway, back to the issue - Bloke, you will want to join the same team on each BOINC project you are on otherwise things get complicated in the combined stats (http://stats.kwsn.net in case you haven't been there).

#ni-1
Bloke
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacG wrote:

You are correct sir Hamster! Actually I think the plan was to do the same thing for classic but they never quite got around to it... And seti classic credit will show on your BOINC account page but it won't be added to your BOINC stats.

Anyway, back to the issue - Bloke, you will want to join the same team on each BOINC project you are on otherwise things get complicated in the combined stats (http://stats.kwsn.net in case you haven't been there).

#ni-1

Ok, I just took the plunge and changed over. All my stuff still shows on my account page, but I don't know if it will be included in group stats or not. At least future credit should be...

Thanks

Bloke.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: