KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New shrubber!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: New shrubber! Reply with quote

So I'm working along today at work, minding my own business when one of the other guys in the office walks up and says "Would you like a seperate computer for billing?" Our billing app doesn't run right in windows and takes a buttload of RAM. I have been running it in a Redhat Linux vmware installation on my windows box. I reply "Sure". He hands over a computer and goes back to his desk. So I got myself another shrubber Twisted Evil

2.4 GHz P4 with a gig of RAM. Nothing too extreme but every little bit helps. Smile It came with Solaris x86 on one drive and Redhat linux on the other. I'm thinking I'll probably nuke the whole thing and put my favorite distro, gentoo on it.

#ni-1
KWSN_Crusader
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just now giving gentoo a try on a Thinkpad... first impression.... what a strange world it is.... Shocked Confused Cool Smile

Ni!
Cohiba
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora Core 4!!! the only way to go...

lysernix
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running Core 3 on one of my boxes at the moment... whats the best thing I can look forward to if I decide to scrap it for 4 other than the obvious sense of uptodateness and cool factor?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cohiba
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question since my boxes are still on 3 also. Seems like everytime i upgrade it breaks something or makes some software non compatible so i stay on the old fedora till they cut off updates then upgrade. Then they normaly have any bugs worked out of the install/upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: