KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looney Star Signs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one are you?
Fire (Aries Mar21-Apr21; Leo July21-Aug21; Sagittarius Nov21-Dec21)
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Earth (Taurus Apr21-May21; Virgo Aug21-Sept21; Capricorn Dec21-Jan21)
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Air (Gemini May21-June21; Libra Sept21-Oct21; Aquarius Jan21-Feb21)
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
Water (Cancer June21-July21; Scorpio Oct21-Nov21; Pisces Feb21-Mar21)
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 45

jbyram2
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN-Crunchy Frog wrote:

#ni-1
I demand a blow on the head!
#ni-1

THWACK!!!!

The brain I'm wearing makes me eat chocolate and cry!!
Something Completely different
Sir Latch
Dutchubus
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank the Historian wrote:
My brother seems to have the numbers all worked out. He was born on 7/7/70. That also means he turned 7 on 7/7/77. And my folks were born on the same day, same year. [/weird]

I was born on 5/6/78 which means I turned 7 on 5/6/85 which really doesn't mean much Confused and I will be 76 on 5/6/54 and 87 on 5/6/65 Razz

Sir Hamster of Elderberry wrote:
The King of Swamp Castle wrote:
How did your mother get pregnant?

Wasn't there something in Douglas Adams' work about an accident with a contraceptive and a time machine?

Yes, something about Zaphod being his own Third Uncle, I think.

ni! i!u

In an episode of Futurama, Fry goes back in time and ends up facilitating the death of his supposed grandfather and having sex with his grandmother and is therefore his own grandfather. Shocked
The general rule about people on IRC seems to be: Attractive, Single, Mentally Stable... choose two.
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother seems to have the numbers all worked out. He was born on 7/7/70. That also means he turned 7 on 7/7/77. And my folks were born on the same day, same year. [/weird]

Oh my goodness, Sir Frank! I can tell you a story about 7/7/77. We were so looking forward to celebrating my grandfather's birthday on that day, but unfortunately he passed away a couple of months before that.
Going back quite a few years before that, my nana had a dream one night that she had bought a golden casket ticket (like a lottery ticket) with the number 11511. She didn't dream that she won anything, but every time she walked into a newsagent she checked to see if that number ticket was available. Then in 1977, she found it and she was really looking forward to the day of the draw. The day the ticket was drawn was the day that my grandfather suddenly passed away. Crying or Very sad

Pretty spooky, huh! But not really surprising when you consider that quite a few of the women in my family through the years have been a tad on the psychic side. My daughter was only a few months old when my nana passed away, so my daughter wouldn't have remembered her....if my nana hadn't visited my daughter when she was asleep and taught her to whistle! I could not believe it when my daughter started to whistle just like my nana did. We asked who taught her to whistle and she said the white-haired lady who visited her when she was asleep! Then she picked my nana out in a photo! My nana was a Capricorn with a Cancer ascendant, my daughter is Cancer with a Capricorn ascendant. Shocked
Confused Sometimes it feels like I'm raising my grandmother.

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
sir spuddly buddly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ni!
I think you might find you have your grandmother there with you!
I'm an avid devourer of all things psychic - going back to first hearing and reading about Peter Hurkos. There are lots of interesting books (and now here in Scandinavia a TV prog) about psychic phenomena and mediums. It's a bit of work sorting out the chaf from the wheat, but there's definitley something worth investigating. I could go on for pages about this but I know you've all better things to do!
Ni Razz
PS If you really want to, you can probably ask your deceased grandmother questions via your daughter- if that doesn't freak everyone out!
Click every day at http://naturarvet.se/en/ to save a forest!
Sir BaldyHead
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN-Crunchy Frog wrote:
Sir Baldyhead, did you realize that your avatar is the official picture of the sign of the looney?

#ni-1

How can it be anyting else, being my avatar... Rolling Eyes

#ni-2
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir spuddly buddly wrote:

PS If you really want to, you can probably ask your deceased grandmother questions via your daughter- if that doesn't freak everyone out!

It freaks me out, Sir Spud. Shocked I think that sort of thing could become a bit risky.
My parents used to sometimes have those 'fingers on the glass, yes-no' type seances for a bit of fun when I was little. The glass would not move at all until I put my finger on it. They stopped doing it when the glass flew off the table and smashed on to the floor one night.
We have a good show on here at the moment called "Sensing Murder". A couple of real-life psychics are brought in to try and solve unsolved murders from years ago. They aren't told anything, even the camera crew aren't allowed to confirm or deny anything they say. They are usually given a photo or personal item of the victim, then they are taken on different days to the location. The things they pick up from the items or location are uncanny. They can describe how the person was murdered and everything, and some of the things they 'sense' can also dispute the coroner's findings. Unfortunately, while the police dept does take some interest in what they come up with, they regard it as inadmissable.

sir spuddly buddly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ni!
We've had the same type of TV prog here too. Very interesting to see how different psychics/mediums work. The newest prog is about people with ghost/poltergiest/ paranormal problems at home - unexplainable noises, objects moving etc. Which brings me nicely to...
Sounds like somebody's psychic there! Electrical appliances failing or behaving oddly, probs with clocks, cupboard or wardrobe doors opening by themselves (or sounding like they're being opened) - anything sound familiar? Pre-teens are also common as "conduits" for poltergeist activity.

I don't know if this is too personal for this forum, but I guess your grandmother is "still there" for some reason. You and the family have nothing to fear - you just have an unexpected guest!
Ni! Smile
PS If this is getting to personal for the Forum, just say so and I'll shut up! Smile
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Spud wrote:
Electrical appliances failing or behaving oddly, probs with clocks, cupboard or wardrobe doors opening by themselves (or sounding like they're being opened) - anything sound familiar? Pre-teens are also common as "conduits" for poltergeist activity.

*Edited to fix email style quoting. Trying to answer emails at same time as posting on forum can cause confusion. lol*
We've never had anything like that, Sir Spud. If we did I'd have the bags packed and be out the door, popping in the "For Sale" sign on the way out. lol
Speaking of house stories - When my mother and her sisters were kids, they were living in this really old house. Apparently there were lots of frogs, and they could hear frogs croaking behind the walls. They're all scared of frogs now as adults. They also heard violins playing behind the walls, and one night my grandmother woke up to see a woman standing beside the bed. This woman had her hand out like she was asking for something, and she was pushing on the mosquito net. That was the same house where my mother swears she saw the 'little people'. There was a really bad storm one night, so she ran in and climbed into my grandparents bed. She said she was lying there looking at the window and 3 'little people' climbed in, climbed up the curtain and waited for the storm to end before going back out. My mother said she knew she wasn't asleep and dreaming because she was looking at the window for quite a while and hoping they would come back.
Another one (sort of) - We moved back down from North Queensland just before I turned 13. The first place we stayed at down here was my aunt and uncle's house, and I shared a room with my cousin. One night I woke up and saw a young boy standing next to my bed. I wasn't frightened at all and just went back to sleep. We moved from there to my grandparents house (my dad's parents). It was a fairly newish house but had a weird feeling, and even though there was a window and the back door at the end of the hallway it was always dark there. The bathroom and loo were to the left and the back door was to the right. It was really spooky and I used to run down the hall to go to the loo or the bathroom, and then get back to the other end of the house as quickly as possible. My parents were in the main bedroom, my grandfather was in the room next to that, and I was in the next one. My brother and my grandmother camped out in the lounge room. I woke up one night to see the same little boy I'd seen in the other house standing beside my bed again. I knew not to be scared of him so I just went back to sleep....my mother said he's my guardian angel and was protecting me from all the bad things in that house because I never saw or heard anything while I was there. 'Something' used to come down the hallway, past my door, and then it would stand in the doorway of my grandfather's room. There were a couple of nights when it actually came into his room and sat on his chest, and he felt it was crushing him. There was another night when he heard loud banging like something was under the house trying to smash through the floor boards. We know he heard it because my mother heard it too. Another night, my mother woke up and she said the whole room lit up. It wasn't like car headlights going past. She said it started from the centre of the room and radiated outwards until the whole room was filled with bright light, and then it just went out. She was terrified. I was never aware of any of these things, not even the 'thing' that came down the hallway past my door. We found out later that even though the house was fairly new, it had been built from very old timber from demolished houses.

Sorry for such a long post. You can breath a sigh of relief because I think that's about all the spooky stories I have. lol

Last edited by Michelle on Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Fart in your gen direxion
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
....... Apparently there were lots of frogs, and they could hear frogs croaking behind the walls. They're all scared of frogs now as adults.

#ni-2
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked That's one of the scariest things I've ever seen. Laughing

sir spuddly buddly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ni! Smile
Thanks for the long post Michelle! Lots of interesting paranormal activity.
The reason I said about getting too personal for the Forum was that strong, emotional bonds between people can lead to paranormal activity, as well as psychics/mediums who attract spirits/ghosts/people who've moved on. I don't know how religous your family are, but this tends to cause BIG conflicts!
Anyway as it's still too early here to think straight, a few immediate things I spotted. If you have poltergeist activity, moving house I'm afraid would n't help. People, especially children between 7 and 12 roughly, seem to be the cause. You did write that you yourself had experinces at this age. It's like somebody leaving the front door open to your "psychic house". Anybody or anything can wander in. Sometimes people with psychic abilities need to learn how to send away the uninvited guests and "close the door".
It's nice to hear the "little people" are there too! I've read lots and lots of stories about them. They seem to have been here (on planet Earth) as long as we have. One last thing for now before I hit the coffee, I reckon someone in your family has seen, when they were a child, a glowing woman/man floating in the air, who spoke to them. Interesting to hear if I'm right.
Ni! - now, where's my coffee cup? Smile
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir spuddly buddly wrote:
Ni! Smile
Thanks for the long post Michelle! Lots of interesting paranormal activity.
The reason I said about getting too personal for the Forum was that strong, emotional bonds between people can lead to paranormal activity, as well as psychics/mediums who attract spirits/ghosts/people who've moved on. I don't know how religous your family are, but this tends to cause BIG conflicts!
Anyway as it's still too early here to think straight, a few immediate things I spotted. If you have poltergeist activity, moving house I'm afraid would n't help. People, especially children between 7 and 12 roughly, seem to be the cause. You did write that you yourself had experinces at this age. It's like somebody leaving the front door open to your "psychic house". Anybody or anything can wander in. Sometimes people with psychic abilities need to learn how to send away the uninvited guests and "close the door".
It's nice to hear the "little people" are there too! I've read lots and lots of stories about them. They seem to have been here (on planet Earth) as long as we have. One last thing for now before I hit the coffee, I reckon someone in your family has seen, when they were a child, a glowing woman/man floating in the air, who spoke to them. Interesting to hear if I'm right.
Ni! - now, where's my coffee cup? Smile

I totally understand about the coffee, Sir Spud. #morning It takes 2 cups to wake up this old girl in the mornings. Laughing
Religion - Hm, some are and some aren't. My grandmother raised my mother and aunts as Catholics and went to church every week, I started school in a Catholic school, my kids started school in a Catholic school. I tend to steer clear of religious discussions as too many good friendships have been marred by religious (and political) differences. Most of my family on my mother's side are 'submarine Catholics"...it surfaces during emergencies.
Glowing man or woman - Not that I know of, other than the woman my grandmother saw who looked like she wanted something...and the boy I saw a couple of times.
'Little people' - I've always believed in the possibility of fairies at the bottom of the garden, so I've never disputed my mother's story of what she saw. Very Happy We're descendants of very old Scottish and Irish families on my mother's side so we've got to have a wee bit of magic in us. Wink

sir spuddly buddly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ni!
Thanks for the reply and the info. Smile
I understand your reluctance to get into discusions on religon and politics. They tend to be just people talking at each other, and nobody is listening! Though I think religon and politics should be keep out of schools.
Synchronicity was at work again yesterday - I saw the TV prog I metioned on the paranormal and it raised an interesting point. A retired couple were having some minor events - the sound of footsteps on the staircase when no one was there, sensing somebody was watching them etc. In particular the wife complained that she was scared to go into the basement and felt uncomfortable sometimes as though someone was there, but all the time she was saying, (very determinedly)" I don't believe in it though". And she was the one who had contacted the TV prog! The good thing was that when they revisited the couple after the mediums visit, she was all relaxed about it and saying "oh, yes the energy is so much better now"( a phrase that wouldn't have crossed her lips at the progs beginning!). Her denial and fear of the paranormal had after all the years finally been resolved. Fear is indeed are biggest enemy.
Being half Scot/half "Sassenach" (that's English for our international readerships info) that must mean I've got a large dollop of magic!
Ni! Razz
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Spud wrote:
Being half Scot/half "Sassenach" (that's English for our international readerships info) that must mean I've got a large dollop of magic!

I don't think you'd have much choice in the matter. Laughing

I honestly think being psychic is more a matter of being sensitive to different vibrations, and I think most people have it to some degree but a lot of it is lost as we get older and are caught up in the pressures of everyday life. That could explain why a lot of hippy-type people who drop out are readers etc. Laughing They don't have to worry about jobs, bills and mortgages.

Have you got any interesting stories of your own to share, Sir Spud? Smile

Mrs Spud Budding Loon
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
That could explain why a lot of hippy-type people who drop out are readers etc. Laughing

Huh? Eh? I say, we readers just don't believe in wearing our brains out too fast. We leave that to the brainy thinking people. Why not let them do the hard work. We'll deduct and make conclusions and save the world. Moahahaha.

Sorry being silly butting in. I'll go away. Can't sleep - insomnia, no good being Monday tomorrow and all.

ps- mr spud has stories about the last place we lived in, and then some no doubt (I know nothing about his past, he's all dark and mysterious, perhaps he's a freemason or something creepy, that would be interesting). We both noticed a lady in our hallway, dark hair, white blouse. Later found out a lady had died there. Whooooo. I saw a lady when a kid. Had an OBE and was invited to walk through the wall with her, but thought better not. Strange thing i could later recall and qoute the conversation between my mother and sister which they had in the kitchen, while I was in the bedroom passed out. Freaked them out and made them afraid of me. Crying or Very sad
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Spud wrote:
Huh? Eh? I say, we readers just don't believe in wearing our brains out too fast. We leave that to the brainy thinking people. Why not let them do the hard work. We'll deduct and make conclusions and save the world. Moahahaha.

Sounds like you've got the right idea, Mrs. Spud. Laughing

Hope you ended up getting to sleep. Did you wake up old Spuddly? It wouldn't have been fair if he was snoring his head off while you had insomnia.

sir spuddly buddly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ni!
Yep, I snored and Mrs Spud piled up the Zs (love that expression) while I went out to work. Smile
As Mrs spud wrote we had an unexpected guest in our last place. We had both seen her at different times and only when we asked each other about it - to make sure we were n't going crazy! - we realized that this old lady was walking up and down the hall. Mrs Spud sent her on her way and all was peacefull afterwards.
I've not had any other real ghost/spirit encounters like that one, that I can remeber now, but I've tried the most things - ouija board, tarot cards (used to do my own next years reading on Hallowen , many years ago), different meditation techniques, lots of Zen (Wu!), read lots on paranormal, UFOs, cults etc etc. Recently I've been trying to improve my clairvoyant skill - seeing if the Hemi-sync technique helps, and "intuitive" skills. It's odd that synchronicity seems to be happening a lot recently. I suppose it's a case of being more in tune or aware.
Don't I go on! Ni! Smile
Sir Latch
Dutchubus
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Spud Budding Loon wrote:
perhaps he's a freemason or something creepy, that would be interesting

I resemble that remark... #ni-1
The general rule about people on IRC seems to be: Attractive, Single, Mentally Stable... choose two.
Dagger
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only things i see are fleeting lil black objects in the corners of my vision once in awhile, and usually b4 something bad happens.
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of bad? Big bad or little bad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: