KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing Boinc email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plomos
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Changing Boinc email Reply with quote

So I am looking at retiring my yahoo email account, but it is the one that i used to connect to all of my boinc projects. Some of the projects have accepted the change to the new gmail account but some such as skynet are telling me that the address is invalid even though i know that the address is valid because I get emails to it all the time. Any ideas how to fix this from the coconut gallery?

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use BAM or some other Manager to sign up with those you are having trouble with? I know BAM and others were pretty intrusive and locked things in weird ways.

Have to written in the help forums on the sites themselves asking why? Maybe they have a setting wrong in their backend code that needs to be fixed.

Just some ideas.
Plomos
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not use BAM when signing up originally but I did update the email address on BAM yesterday and got a few fixed but there are still several that are not. I will stop by the forums of the projects that are still alive and not allowing the switch and see if some can get fixed.

Thanks Sir Bear

Edit: Using boinctasks to try and change the email it claims that the email address has an invalid syntax no matter what I put in it so it must be some sort of project setting

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news?
Plomos
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't get back to you. I managed to create new accounts with the new email at the last few projects that wouldn't switch over because I had not gotten responses from the projects themselves. I've started over with credit for those few but it's nothing too bad. The only major loss is the wuprop hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: