KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HP] Taunting of the no-longer-silent PC's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Brother Maynard's Pizzeria and Library of Ancient Wisdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fart in your gen direxion
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jebus Kongie, that was kind of wimpy Confused !

It kind of looks like you're groveling to get us back in over there, and that's the last thing I want to do.

As far as I can tell, the other members don't even know we've been booted, not that I care if they do, but I just as soon they think we just wandered off cuz we saw another shiny object on the ground. As eventually we always do ! Rolling Eyes

I may be wrong, but some of their more sane members might consider leaving their team over us getting booted for they might understand that we meant no harm and they're being modded to the point of shear boredom over there. And I don't mean leaving to join us, just leaving to find a place where all are welcome. Bad monkey ! No bananas for you tonight !! Razz
MajorKong
Ozzy Fudd
Ozzy Fudd

Location: In his mad-scientist lab working on yet another plan for World Domination(tm)!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why i DID it that way, you numbnuts....

to let the people at large over there KNOW you guys got shafted.

AMD AthlonII X3 450 / Intel Celeron M @ 1.3GHz
Sir Furry Mark
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of their members might spot that posts from 'deleted' Knights now show with the title 'Guest'

This actually puts us in a privileged position, they don't normally have titles as they decided that anything that might encourage people to make more posts should be banned Rolling Eyes
(Shame! think of the potential for amusement: "Silent", "Mute", "Quiet", "Whisperer", "Visiting Looney")

The really sad thing about this is I was actually interested in the noise reduction Embarassed - I just changed graphics cards to a fan-less one to reduce the ambient noise in my living room! Laughing

Ni!
Grizzly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Furry Mark wrote:
Some of their members might spot that posts from 'deleted' Knights now show with the title 'Guest'

This actually puts us in a privileged position, they don't normally have titles as they decided that anything that might encourage people to make more posts should be banned Rolling Eyes
(Shame! think of the potential for amusement: "Silent", "Mute", "Quiet", "Whisperer", "Visiting Looney")

The really sad thing about this is I was actually interested in the noise reduction Embarassed - I just changed graphics cards to a fan-less one to reduce the ambient noise in my living room! Laughing

Ni!

Grizz never one to resist a challlenge has (with the "Flakey" performance of a power supply and temper'ature problems ) decided to make a "Less" silent PC .
Fluff 'n Stuff in the PSU (Ni !! SFM !) prompted Grizz to apply TURBO Power filtering to system via one of Mr Dyson's vacum cleaners (thanks for hint Wabbit) , throttled down to 800 Watts and affixed with copious ammounts of Gaffer tape (Duck/t) .
Next all heat sink fans upgraded to 240 volts and 600 cubic feet/min . Cool
Then the runnig HOT but quick H/D drives swapped out for a large RAID of original IBM (circa 1984) Winchesters . Shocked

Still working on the other heat/dust'n fluff problems (Kat in case etc) , but I recon' if can train Kat to chase the dust motes in there , more cleaning and more NOISE can (and will) ensure .

Will keep you posted .

Regds Grizzly

Ps Grizz in his second childhood - but not his last !

Edihtor of the KoKC (excused spel;l checher'er)

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sir BaldyHead
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got banned by my IP. So I can't get in as a guest or so. What have we done there at the SPCR forum for them to ban us?

Ni!
Sir Furry Mark
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they didn't just ban my home ISP's (ntl) IP numbers - they also banned my entire company's commercial IP! Shocked

That just means there are 30+ engineers here who can't access their forum (as if they would want to!) Sad

I, on the other hand, have about 10 'other' IP addresses I could use (ignoring for now the fact there are also plenty of proxy anonomizers). Twisted Evil

Their ban message is interesting...
Quote:

"You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information"

How exactly would I do that? Confused
They haven't e-mailed an explanation and I can't get into the site to obtain an address to send to... Rolling Eyes

Ni!
Sir Furry Mark
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievably, they are still having discussions about how to recruit people from other teams!! Shocked
They are asking each other if they know the addresses of other Folding teams' forums... Rolling Eyes

I think that as soon as their troops reach any other sites they are going to start losing people as they realise how much more interesting it is "out there" ... Laughing

Ni! Mr. Green
Sir BaldyHead
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am banned... but I was able to sneak in and pm the admin there:

Quote:
Hello Admin,

Why am I banned? Why are my fellow Knights banned? We mean nothing wrong. We're just having a lively discussion about nothing with some of your members here. Goal: increasing the overall production for folding at home. If you feel we're trespassing or not abiding by the rules, let us know. Don't ban us without an explanation, please.

Ni!

I noticed I'm not only banned but they also removed my one post in their forum. Can't even remember what I said there.

What is it again Sir Fart is always saying about our attention span?

Ni!
Sir BaldyHead
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silent Rusty075 wrote:
Rusty's Quiet In-Desk PC .........

But alas, you will pass us soon, and then we will be forgotten. Rolling Eyes

Impressive setup Shocked Shocked . Not to be forgotten.... Cool

Ni!
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like at least one of their members understood MajorKong's message.

Quote:
Hey wtf? We banned the KWSN for posting silliness on a thread with their name on it in a forum dedicated to folding? Jeez are we really that stuck up? Come on. I was truly enjoying the banter. I think some person misread that as actual mean-ness, not the fun taunting I assumed it was.

Now we look like a bunch of jerks
Antigens
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti

Posted over a spcr's, Anti has wandered back.

Ni!
Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Anti hasn't been banned yet. I also checked they also removed all of my posts or most of them at least. Hopefully no one joins them from the "dying teams". Oh well my IP is banned and no more IP's that I know about, oh well.

Ni
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killerrabbit wrote:
Oh well my IP is banned and no more IP's that I know about, oh well.

Ni

Oh well.
Sir BaldyHead
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fart in your gen direxion wrote:
Killerrabbit wrote:
Oh well my IP is banned and no more IP's that I know about, oh well.

Ni

Oh well.

Oh well Oh well!!
Ni!
Duchess Tragus Hairy Ear
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye balled and hairy knights, it's time for lesson #32: The Larch.

Wait, stop, stop the sketch. That's entirely improper to lampoon the fine tradition of the KWSN whose motto...

On the haughty hand, I join hand in hand with Rusticated in sending posies and pansies in your path as you most certainly pass the SPCR folks. I was hoping (and mildly taunting back in SPCR's forum) that the Silent Ones would get to 50 first (with my mild effort, of course, currently at #3 for the team). You have been worthless####y poontangs######ponents.

I was shocked, shocked, I tell you, to learn of the banning. I still have not seen any officious word from any of the admins and await (silently) their (non)speech. Yes, there *are* a bunch of obsessive looneys over at SPCR, but mostly are quite nice (as far as I can tell) and happy to keep a narrow niche market. There was some buzz awhile back about anti-de-narrowing the focus of the board, but consensus was laissez-faire since there are oodles of other fora in which to play. The general idea was to keep SNR pretty high. The apparent ham-handed response to visiting hams was, IMNSHO, uncalled for and rather rude. Miss Manners would not approve. The apparent trangression, as far as I could tell, was a goofball Knight posting in a thread not titles with KWSN.

Yep, me be science geek who also came up with the proper dB formula for posting quality. I suspect not everyone at SPCR took my jest. Nonetheless, I *do* value the high-level of information vs. background noise at that forum.

Anywho, my Duchessness performs a courtly and royal wave in your general directions and quietly wishes your experiences at SPCR were more positive. However, we all know that no humour (especially bile and phlegmatic) has universal appeal -- especially to the humourless. I shall retain my position in the Silent Folding Court and not abdicate in favour of another (even so Dark and Fierce as the Knights). However, if you would deign so kindly, perhaps I shall be allowed to return here to dally my doily from day to day.
Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall call you Lady D since I can't remember to spell your name and it is to long for me and probably most of the Knights so from here on out Lady D unless something else.

We have had this experience before in Genome@Home and this time it was a little more pleasent. I shall delve into our history and tell you we have had worse experience with the teams Singapore and Kcgeek, most Knights do not wish to remember what happen between us. Lets just say that it was quick and very painful. The Dutch Power Cows(aka Kows, and Evil Mooskie Empire) started off rocky but has now a friendship between are teams since we have gone at it three times just in Genome and pretty soon here in Folding.

But not all taunts have gone good like you have seen in the last paragraph. Most of our resistence has come from people who do not like humor and do not understand that taunting actually increses production on both sides, just look at our numbers now. Also it is another reason why we have so many of "When Taunts Go Bad", we can send you the complete DVD or VHS set and it is quite long.

You are welcome over here Lady D, everyone is as long as they keep an open mind and like jokes. I have never knowed anyone to get banned from here unless that person was from Team Singapore or Team KCGeek, that just got real ugly real fast.

So visit us everyday and who knows you might feel the affect of the LOONEY Magnet(tm) and never leave one day that is how most of us joined. Someone else will probably explain it since I have ramble enough here Lady D.

Wabbit
Ni NI
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Killerrabbit, but either "The Duchess" or just "Tragus" will do nicely (though I will occaisionally answer to "Espresso?"). You already have a Lady DC around here and I certainly would want to get her hackles raised (or mine razed).

Some other time, I'll dig and ready of your dark histories. I shall be pleasantly reminded of the the "Fiasco" show from TAM (This American Life; see this site and search for Episode 61 or the word "Fiasco" or go the link in their own set of favorites. I am a conniving-sewer of Schaden Freude. If you or your fellowes have no heard it, be sure to pee first or you might do so midst from guffaws. Act Two seems particularly appropriate for this bunch.

Cheerios.
Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady DC is called many differnet ways by Sir Baldy.

Lady Tragus sounds easy enough.

So if I understand you post you were in episode 61 of TAM?? Or you are like the person in episode 61 of TAM??

Wabbit-the MORONIC question guy.

Ni
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wabbit! You angmoh! Wink
You made sense for the first time on this board.

And Dutchess, for the information to noise ratio on this board, it's pretty off scale, so noone of these knights can understand your way of thinking.
Myself I'm a cow who got stuck between the sliding doors on the way out, after being attrackted to their loenie magnet and I remain writing with my tail, getting thwacked all the time.

Sincerely yours, Tippy (who owns the gold collection of "When tanuts go bad"
Mildew
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killerrabbit wrote:
I shall delve into our history and tell you
Most of our resistence has come from

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Twice in one post exclamation

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Brother Maynard's Pizzeria and Library of Ancient Wisdom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: