KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SETI@Home Wow!-Event 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN S@H Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.seti-germany.de/
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/22_en_Welcome.html
Click on the French Flag, and it becomes the UK Flag - Click again, and it's Engrish!
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website for the wow event in August has been changed to Seti-Wow!-2016

It is under construction and old stats don't have info today.
Must have been offline just while I was looking for it yesterday. Rolling Eyes

Edit May 03: On again off again. >> Trailer ad: https://www.seti-germany.de/media/wowrace.mp4

Edit June 12: Wow! page still out. Not sure if there will be a 2016 Wow!

JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Update 22 June : Seti Wow! 2016 Reply with quote

Here is shortened recent conversation I had with S.G. .... There was the usual confusion over the use of elderberries, etc.

Quote:
I had hopes of getting started early this year in promoting the Wow! challenge to my team at KWSN.
But so far this year that section of SG website has been broken.
No one can see past years data or the countdown or any current messages.
If this is on purpose.... then I think it's not a good idea.
If it's not on purpose then it seems a case of neglect, also not good.

I usually send out over 500 PM's with registration information via the SETI message boards to KWSN team members.
If those messages don't get sent early in July, then many team members from KWSN will not see the reminder message in time to register for, and participate in, the challenge.
*(If I can't get a working link to a registration page to add to my PM's by 2nd week in July, then I may not be promoting Wow! 2016 this year.)

Not having the website for registration operational until last minute will put us at a huge disadvantage. .... and waiting until August for a website is too late.

https://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/

So. Is the Wow! going to happen or not? .......

Hi JumpinJohnny,thank you for your PM.A hacker had caused havoc on the server and the Wow Event Homepage.I hope we can go online with the Wow Event Homepage in Juli 2016.The Wow Event Homepage and some sites from the SETI.Germany Homepage are down.I hope we can start to invite Teams mid Juli 2016.You and your Team are welcome to the next Wow Event.I hope we can start the Event on 15.08.2016.

Many Greetings: Terminator

I really hope they can get the hack repaired soon.
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Update July 15: Seti Wow! 2016 Reply with quote

JumpinJohnny wrote:

So. Is the Wow! going to happen or not? .......

.....I hope we can go online with the Wow Event Homepage in Juli 2016.The Wow Event Homepage and some sites from the SETI.Germany Homepage are down.
I hope we can start to invite Teams mid Juli 2016.You and your Team are welcome to the next Wow Event.
Many Greetings: Terminator

Quote:
I really hope they can get the hack repaired soon.

OK so I noticed that most of the web pages are back for the Wow! Challenge as of july 15. got old stats etc. nothing lost in the hack.
That's the good news. They are making progress on it.

However, , , Still waiting (anxiously) for a working registration page so we can start signing up KWSN for the Challenge.
Where did I put my coconuts? Rolling Eyes

When I see the Registration Page operational I will start a new thread. Perhaps they will NOT start a confusing/competing thread here but, if wishes were fishes then we would all have plenty of herring.
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find the registration page either - please keep checking on this. What are they saying - any Kanigits read German?

If the Seti Wow race is indeed on, that makes the PotM easy next month. If not, we need to get started on the next election campaign.
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: 2016 REGISTRATION is open !!!!! Reply with quote

Today the registration page works and we have calculated the trajectory of the Unladen African Swallow. Very Happy

https://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/anmeldung.php?&lang=en

-OR-

Registration for English speaking KNi! ghts 2016 Wow!

LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo-HOOOO!
I Facebooked that info. This is a ground floor opportunity - only 2 Kanigits and 8 users total registered so far...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN S@H Team All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: