KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OProject

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: OProject Reply with quote

I just wish to say that it looked like OProject has had some new life pumped into it.

ALX has returned for all platforms, except MAC (yes, ARM). It still is not natively NCI as advertised.

GSCE-SV actually shows a progress bar now. I have not tested checkpointing, the application information says it checkpoints often, this is very promising.

Credits are still lower than other projects, but if you need something new to grab WUProp hours, you have a few choices.

I have not tried any of the other ones on there, yet. Weird Numbers is still just doing Odd and there is Shor's Algorithm to play with.

Shor's does not run on Windows.
GSCE-SV, ALX and Weird Engine does not run on MAC.

Plomos
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

running again

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still issues on this project. The status on your page that counts the hours, number, etc of each of the projects on this site is stale and does not update. So all the work I have done for the past few days have not updated.

Exporting of stats does happen, but the individual project stats do not seem to be exported.

It's a start. Things are looking better, but hold off on adding as a PotM until further developments happen.

Plomos
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These GSCE tasks are longer ones, so hopefully worth more points since they are running on all my cores currently. If not i will force weird and alx only so i can go back to WCG

LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I'd like to see more of this type of research. OProject has been on the excluded list for a while (maybe we should rename it the "watch list"). I suspect there are some projects we should take off that list and shrub 'em. ('Er maybe not with our luck!) If we can jump on new projects quickly once they mature, that could be one way to get ahead of some of the big teams.

Project Watch List:
Correlizer - Dead. May be relaunching?
Quantum Monte Carlo - Beta / re-launching
ABC - Project nearing completion / re-launch?
Mind Modeling - lack of work
OProject - lack of admin, project needs to mature
RNA World - checkpointing requires Virtual Machine, no work for short WU's
SubSetSum - Misc. tech problems
FightMalaria - Relaunching as FiND@Home
Folding@Home (Non-Boinc) - Lack of interest
Rosetta - Lack of interest
SAT - Lack of interest
Bullocks
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quantum Monte Carlo & Mind Modeling

I like the look of these two so please could you keep us informed if/when they are ready and stable.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try another 0-Project WU (But I don't have much patience...)
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALX takes about 10 minutes for credit of 8 on all machines. Will usually only run 1 because it's marked as NCI.

GSCE-SV takes about 10-12 hours for credit about 200-270 on my C2Q, and I7 first gens.

LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullocks wrote:
Quantum Monte Carlo & Mind Modeling
I like the look of these two so please could you keep us informed if/when they are ready and stable.

Mind Modeling is a possibility. The DC Vault is considering adding this project to the list. Looks like the system infrastructure is beta, but the science is not.
Quote:
The science conducted on the site is NOT beta -- the results are going directly to scientific journals and conference proceedings. We have been internally debating about when to officially state that our system is 'production', but I can assure you the science is already 'in production' status.

However, no teams have generated even 750K points in the last month. That worries me - need research.
I just noticed this is run at Wright State University, which is about an hour away from me. If we do this as PotM, maybe I could put on my Black Knight KWSN T-Shirt and take a selfie with the admins up there?

I found Quantum Monte Carlo very frustrating, not sure why, but I think it was a combo of long work units and no checkpointing? I think KWSN should wait until they have forums, which should have been active months ago. Confused Oh crap, just noticed zero points have been generated in the last month - is QMC dying again?
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The have fixed some of the statistics. They have been updated in my account. Now to wait and see if they are exported correctly.

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admins went AWOL again, and work has more or less stopped being created. So I guess it was premature for me to be hopeful.

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have announced they were going down until a date that could be August 10th or October 8th, since they used 10/8/2014 and in different parts of the world that means different things.

They supposed to be returning with a brand new faster server.

Last time I was able to see my account, Only a few July 1st units were validated, had hundreds after that date that were pending.

So, we will see.

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project has been down for several days, since we did not get an answer to the date, I will be checking back on and around 10-AUG to see if it has returned and what might be going on. If no news in a week or so of that date, we may be waiting until OCT.
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-AUG is nearly over UTC. System is currently not back. I'll keep a watch for a few more days. If nothing is seen, looks like this may be dead until sometime in OCT.
Gemjunkie
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think people writing for an international audience would know not to use that confusing date format.

(older, before split CPID)
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Website went down and has not returned. Seems like admins no longer care about this project. I doubt a return, but who knows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: