KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not excatly new.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> New and Departing Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dancing Bear
Grunt
Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Not excatly new. Reply with quote

Hello all. I was a member a number of years ago under the old SETI software. For whatever reason I stopped participating. Since I retired from work a few months ago I find myself with extra time and computer usage. Yesterday I decided to reactivate and start processing data again. Ive got Bonic up and running and Im well into my first new chunk of data. One question, under the old SETI software I had a screensaver that, at least appeared as if it was showing the processing of data in real time. Is that still available under Bonic and if so where does one download or install it from? Thanks, good to be back. #ni-1
bpowe
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Sir Bear,

Welcome back to the Loony Bin!

I can't help you on the screen saver, even back on the old seti software I set it up to run as a service...
branjo
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dancing Bear and welcome to the New Order,

During the installation of BOINC software you are asked if you would like to set BOINC as a screen-saver (of course, if you are not installing it as a service as bpowe does). If your answer is affirmative, the active Project's WU shows in it.

But I do not have any experiences with it, because I am not using any screen-savers.

Good luck in your quest and do not hesitate to join The Knights Who Say NI! (that "!" is very important, because there are lot of fake teams pretending to be us ). We are rarely dancing, but we are always ready for any silly quest. Especially those involving some shrubberies #ni-2

Cheers #ni-1

Bullocks
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome back Dancing Bear, from a fellow returnee. I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am.

#ni-1

And until your install the screen-saver here is a reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buLKZnyzOdI
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> New and Departing Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: