KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPU PotM September 2014 => Distributed Data Mining
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: CPU PotM September 2014 => Distributed Data Mining Reply with quote

After a landslide vote, Distributed Data Mining is the CPU Project of the Month for September.
Shrub to preserve our Honor!
(Shhhh...keep this on the down low...)

Starting Stats:
1st Place
42,023,048. Total points
21,623. Average daily production past week
15,316. RAC 4th Place
215,697. Points last 28 days

Milestones:
Plomos 50,000
Crabbbypatty 200
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since DDM seems to be not sending work (happened before when they run out of room in the database). Since it is a holiday weekend in the US it may take a day or so for them to realize it.

What are you crunching? I decided to try out Yoyo's ECM. Anyone have anything to say about this? I see it shows advancement for the first about 20%, then it sits at 20, 40, 60, 80 before finishing. These units can take nearly 24 hours. Do they checkpoint well? I need to do some system reboots and want to know if I am going to lose a lot of hours spent crunching these or not?

I see not many of us are crunching very actively on this project. It seems to pay OK and they have badges.

The only thing about Yoyo is they are very old server code. They never plan to update it. I believe they are still on 5 something code, whereas the BOINC codes are now up to 7. I guess it works for them, but newer code does have some advantages, like making the project a secondary (setting it to 0 priority).

So what are you crunching on, waiting for DDM to return?

Gemjunkie
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while, I don't remember ECM's quirks. I really should make a notebook for this stuff. Try SETI Germany's forum, they have each project's requirements and other useful info. You don't have to be logged in last time I looked.

I'm shrubbing some PG PPS-Mega while waiting for DDM.

(older, before split CPID)
Bullocks
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to let Collatz (GPU potm) use the CPUs, at least, till I clear some Einstein units.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new projects.
My phone (HTC - One) is warping apart from being plugged in all the time to run Native Boinc. I have it on a metal plate in a cool room and still glass is warping right off the case.
I'll send out some "Thank You" PM's via SETI boards to those who were able to help in the 2014 Wow! Challenge, then use online time to view videos for Wildlife@Home.
After I re-set my gpu & cpu with new thermal goop and install some new memory, I'm Going to start cutting back. No new projects.
Shutting down at least midnight to noon to conserve energy... ($).

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JumpinJohnny wrote:
No new projects.
My phone (HTC - One) is warping apart from being plugged in all the time to run Native Boinc. I have it on a metal plate in a cool room and still glass is warping right off the case.

I'd bet it's M7 huh? Mine did the same EXACT thing - They refused Insurance covering it and I proved there were a LOT of examples of this! NO WAY can they claim it's my mistreatment! I got a replacement M7 and after (ahem) 'Discussions' with them, got it free - I have since switched Carriers and Upgraded to a couple M8s and a Tablet - No problem whatsoever with my M8s or my new Carrier! It HAD been T-Mobile, btw... Wink
http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/reviews/154375-image/HTC-One-M8-vs-HTC-One-M7-001.jpg
www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/htc-one-problems/
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running some Atlas, but several WUs have been stuck at 100% completion for over 12 hours. Confused Also running Simap.
Plomos
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

running rosetta because there is a lot of room for personal improvement and it do cool science

Bullocks
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distributed Data Mining is being a bit of a pain TBH. I do not wish to run their Stock market application so I am really struggling to get any work and when I do it's a slow process returning it Sad

Filling in with Seti and Collatz but open to suggestions. Wink
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDM seems to be totally off the grid today. I had left a couple messages for Nico (Admin) over there, but ever since he got his most recent job (about 1.5 years ago or so), he seems really slow in responses. I hope to see it return and some answers, soon.

I am still filling my time trying to get Gamma Ray 3 (only resend work left) to help be finished at Einstein and gain as many hours as I can for WUProp (now over 2.5K), Astropulse at SETI (yeah, new units loaded), and the new project I have been on ECM at Yoyo (weird units, but they play well and pay OK).

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDM is back, it has work, and it is WORKING!

Let's push ourselves a little further out of reach for a couple of teams that have been silently, aggressively pursuing our #1 spot.

Gemjunkie
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switching over as current WU's finish.

#ni-1

LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
9/4/2014 5:48:04 PM | DistributedDataMining | No work is available for Time Series Analysis: Stock Price Prediction OSW
9/4/2014 5:48:04 PM | DistributedDataMining | No work is available for Biological data Analysis: Multi-Agent Simulation of Evolution
9/4/2014 5:48:04 PM | DistributedDataMining | No work available for the applications you have selected. Please check your preferences on the web site.

Houston, I have a problem. Some time ago I "unclicked" the Laryngeal video project and selected the projects above, probably to get WU Prop hours going. Now I need to get me some of the 44K Laryngeal WUs for PotM, but I see no way to modify these settings in my account! Anyone have details on how to do this? I should prolly put this question to Sir Nico?
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhastPhred wrote:
JumpinJohnny wrote:
.... My phone (HTC - One) is warping apart .... I have it on a metal plate in a cool room and still glass is warping right off the case.

I'd bet it's M7 huh? Mine did the same EXACT thing - They refused Insurance covering it and I proved there were a LOT of examples of this! NO WAY can they claim it's my mistreatment! I got a replacement M7 and after (ahem) 'Discussions' with them, got it free - I have since switched Carriers and Upgraded to a couple M8s and a Tablet....Wink
http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/reviews/154375-image/HTC-One-M8-vs-HTC-One-M7-001.jpg

I had to spend more than an hour in "conversations" with warranty people, (had 5 days left on warranty). The insurance said it was a warranty issue and warranty people said it must have been mistreated so would I mind paying full price for another one.... I finally got it for free, (rebuilt).
I'm not sure I'll load NativeBoinc back on it. So... continuing with CPU convector and Citizen Science Grid (DNA@Home & Wildlife@Home) as well as running Solo Collatz on the GPU.

Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Landroid. From boinc select the your account link. When you get there, if you aren't logged in, the login link should be in the upper right.

Once you log in, you should see 4 buttons near the top left (view, edit, track, profile). You might need to select your account again to see them (the site is a pain).

Select Edit. Wait. Wait. Wait a bit longer. It may look like it's not there but the boinc settings section will eventually load.

From there it's change settings like you would in any other project.

Happy Shrubbing!

#ni-2
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JumpinJohnny wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
JumpinJohnny wrote:
.... My phone (HTC - One) is warping apart .... I have it on a metal plate in a cool room and still glass is warping right off the case.

I'd bet it's M7 huh? Mine did the same EXACT thing - They refused Insurance covering it and I proved there were a LOT of examples of this! NO WAY can they claim it's my mistreatment! I got a replacement M7 and after (ahem) 'Discussions' with them, got it free - I have since switched Carriers and Upgraded to a couple M8s and a Tablet....Wink

I had to spend more than an hour in "conversations" with warranty people, (had 5 days left on warranty). The insurance said it was a warranty issue and warranty people said it must have been mistreated so would I mind paying full price for another one.... I finally got it for free, (rebuilt).
I'm not sure I'll load NativeBoinc back on it. So... continuing with CPU convector and Citizen Science Grid (DNA@Home & Wildlife@Home) as well as running Solo Collatz on the GPU.

I'm no longer using NativeBoinc (But it is Installed) -
I use the BOINC Software itself for Androids -
Nary a problem since -
Can't say if it is the M8s are better or if the BOINC S/W is better...
But Crunchin' on all of my Android things and I'm a Happy Camper!

Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I'd luv a chance to make that camper happy! Very Happy

Quote:
Yankton advised Wait. Wait. Wait a bit longer. It may look like it's not there but the boinc settings section will eventually load.

That worked, my lack of patience was the problem! Razz
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milestones:
Housekeeper of Camelot 15,000,000
Pooh Bear 27 3,000,000
Crabbbypatty 4,000
Gemjunkie
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah.

Starting to remember what I hate about this project. #Mad

Always trickling or out of work, crazy run time estimates, Java, triggers something to make my AV software take up 40-70% of the CPU resources. Twisted Evil

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for my PowerEdge helping...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: