KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WCG - New set of badges and timeline of project progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> DC News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
branjo
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: WCG - New set of badges and timeline of project progress Reply with quote

Quote:
New ways to visualize progress on your favorite research projects
29 May 2014

Summary
We're launching a new timeline feature that showcases project progress and highlights, and new badges for higher levels of contribution.

In the latest of our website improvements, we're rolling out a series of changes including two new ways to track how your contributions advance our research projects.

Visualizing research progress with new project timelines
We've just launched a new project timeline feature to show each project's progress at a glance. On the Research page, you'll see a progress bar for each active project to give you a sense of how much work has been done and how much more work remains. That project's individual pages now also display a detailed timeline highlighting the project's key achievements and milestones. Check out the timelines or learn more at our FAQs.

Recognizing higher levels of contributions with new badges
When World Community Grid first launched, it was hard to believe that members would one day donate years and even decades of computing time. But now, that’s a reality for many of our members. To recognize these extraordinary contributions, we’re unveiling new Diamond badges to celebrate 5, 10, 20, 50 and even 100 years of computing time donated to our research projects.

If you've already donated Diamond badge levels of computing time to a past or current project, the appropriate badge will automatically appear on your My Contributions page and within your My News feed. If you now have one of these new badges, thank you so much for your enormous contribution to world-changing research. And if you don’t have one yet, stay involved in our current projects and it will appear before you know it!

#ni-1

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/about_us/viewNewsArticle.do?articleId=361

I can't open this link in IE nor Safari. Chrome works OK. #Mad

LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the new badges? I need shininess!
Are you close to getting any of the new badges?
It would be cool if they awarded badges to teams: KWSN has over 132 years in fighting Cancer and almost 220 years in fighting Aids.
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LanDroid wrote:
... 220 years in fighting Aids.

Wow! Shocked We were fighting AIDS before they even discovered it!!
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhastPhred wrote:
LanDroid wrote:
... 220 years in fighting Aids.

Wow! Shocked We were fighting AIDS before they even discovered it!!

Yeah. We have realized long time ago how dangerous is when somebody bleeds on us #ni-2

branjo
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LanDroid wrote:
Where are the new badges? I need shininess!
Are you close to getting any of the new badges?
It would be cool if they awarded badges to teams: KWSN has over 132 years in fighting Cancer and almost 220 years in fighting Aids.

Imagine there are crunchers with 100-years Diamond badges in some sub-projects Shocked

When mentioning our 220 years in fighting AIDS, KWSN - A Shrubbery alone contributed with over 50 year

One of my Sapphires (already finished Cancer one) turned to 5-years Diamond, the currently active are far away from it. But, I am going to chase them #ni-1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> DC News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: