KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Android Users inquiry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Android Users inquiry Reply with quote

I pulled the trigger and got a tablet.

One my old Android I was using NativeBOINC. I loved it, I could use it exactly like BOINC on any PC, including remote control.

New appliance I installed the official app. It acts totally different. It does not listen to online settings and I cannot find a way to add a config to be able to remote control it. Has anyone successfully done this? If not I am going to finish up the work it is doing and go back to NativeBOINC until they fix this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, no one has anything to say. I am now crunching the last items and will move back to NativeBOINC. I like the interface and know I can make it work as I want.
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pooh Bear 27 wrote:
So, no one has anything to say. I am now crunching the last items and will move back to NativeBOINC. I like the interface and know I can make it work as I want.

NativeBOINC, NativeBOINC, GO TEAM!!
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stats for it when on regular BOINC did show on the NativeBOINC site.

I moved over, now I can control it from my main system.

So far for a 4 core, it seems like 3 cores run best. 4 gets it a little hotter than desired and causes it to throttle back the CPU. It also gives me good response when using other things. So I will let it run at 3 cores for now.

With help from a family member, I went to the new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, 2014 Edition. I have lots of friends with Galaxy Notes, so when we get together we can have fun. It also works a ton faster than my old (handicapped) phone.

Right now it's only running Pogs and of course WUProp, but I will move it around after this month to see how it works on some other projects.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: