KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Invitation for any Kanigits interested in Distr challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Invitation for any Kanigits interested in Distr challenge Reply with quote

A decision was made over at S.USA this month not to enter the challenge on DiRT here

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/chat/247

which begins tomarrow, and instead for those not interested in this one to sit it out and do other goals. But many had also chosen to enter, but instead of entering as a team, many of us who had decided to run it without the other had decided to enter the challenge under Team Muskateers, and crunch Distr under their team for the duration of this challenge. Others, who are interested in, well the quest for creating a Sici upset by giving them some unexpected firepower #ni-1 are also welcome to join.

It seems, and ArizonaMoon would like to turn things into a Russian and former Russian crunchers vs everyone else sorta thing Surprised But some, would like to present her with a real challenge, in the quest for the holy shrubbery here, so that she, and her team doesn't grow a lil, well obese from eating it all off the shrmogisborg of DiRTy shrubs Very Happy

Normally I wouldn't post such an invitation as such, and most assuredly not with my former team, if it was going to "us" directly, but it isn't. We're just planning a lil party with the Muskateers, to also give them a big introduction into their entry into team challenges, knowing full well that Sic(k) will likely be their competition #ni-1

If anyone is interested in doing something as looney #ni-1 as poking Sici with a stick during a challenge on DistirtGen, interested in trying their hand at one of these challenges, or what have you, is welcome to move their account onto DiRT for this challenge, and crunch with them on this one. Some here, such as GemJunkie have already thrown a few stones their way before. Best part, one can leave all other projects under their current team, retain their team affiliation (the stat sites look at the majority of projects, not just one), and move the thing back here, after. Well, if anyone's interested, this is sorta what's being planned for organizing a cross team challenge here....

Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm............ I'm so Confused.....

could you please splane that again?

What time does the challenge begin?
how long does it last?
WHAT team do you want me to join?

No promises, kinda short notice... but I will try, Maybe, I think

#ni-1
Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team: We're organizing it under Team Muskateers

Begin time is at this link, and there's a count down timer which allows one to coordinate things:

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/chat/247

It's about 19.5 hours from now at

Start time 2012-09-25 21:00 UTC

End time is 2012-09-29 21:00 UTC

Duration would be 4 days, though there's also another counter which will begin at that link once it's started (the countdown till beginning will change to 2 clocks showing how long it has run, and how long till end

Blurf
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm out....

noomi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will combine the spectral coverage of GALEX, Pan-STARRS1, and WISE to generate a multi-wavelength UV-optical-NIR galaxy atlas for the nearby Universe. We will measure physical parameters (such as stellar mass surface density, star formation rate surface density, attenuation, and first-order star formation history) on a resolved pixel-by-pixel basis using spectral energy distribution (SED) fitting techniques in a distributed computing mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: