KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not letting me change, Email address wrong on Profile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Not letting me change, Email address wrong on Profile. Reply with quote

I happened to go onto my profile page after the seti@Home revamp, and saw that my e-mail address reverted back to an older address. I have been using a new e-mail address for months. I tried to change it to what it was , but it won't let me change it back. I don't want to be deleted as spam, so can we fix this.fix this. Replys some one else is using this e-mail. That someone is ME! Now this is affecting new projects.They are not showing my team. Should I change all of my projects to this older email address? This would be difficult, and I don't want to open a pandora's box..I need some administrative help. #ni-1

<iframe

Last edited by Nightwish on Mon May 21, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Concrete-mixing Moose
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Your profile here http://www.kwsnforum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2395 does not show an e-mail address, so you should be able to put in a new one.

Your signature needs BB code - it should look something like this
image link[img]
http link to boincstats eg http://www.boincstats.com/signature/user_2430760.gif
close image link.[/img]
That's all! Very Happy

Save my home - click every day on the picture!
Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: I still need Help! Reply with quote

Still can't change email address on Sign-up Profile page to what it was after administrator changed it for me to fix a problem. May 5th it reverted to the old address. Now all BOINCstats does not show NWSN as my team., and I can not change this myself. #ni-2 #Mad

<iframe
Concrete-mixing Moose
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see that you must confirm your current password if you wish to change it or alter your e-mail address?
Signatures look ok now. Boinc stats do not have a team option, I think.
#ni-1

Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Change E-mail, not changing after confirming password,BUG? Reply with quote

Profile page still reverts to former E-mail address that was stored, and can not change. Can not confirm NWSN Team on BOINCstats.Get no response from Team. I can log in with my new Yahoo E-mail using my existing password, as if it was already changed,but does not display from public side, when looking at my Profile at Team sight.That is why you think that I can just add this information, but I don't no how. If this continues BOINCstats can not link with my team. Can you instruct me as what to do? Help?. Nightwish #ni-1 Idea

<iframe
Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Not letting me change, Email address wrong on Profile. Reply with quote

I just tried to change my e-mail address, again. The reply I receive is that this E-mail address belongs to another user! #ni-2

<iframe
Gemjunkie
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is on the Seti project account page, right? You are listed on Boincstats as a KWSN member.
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/5/user/detail/588429

I'm not active at Seti, perhaps Blurf might know, he's very involved there IIRC. You might PM him.
http://www.kwsnforum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1963

(older, before split CPID)
Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Change E-mail, not changing after confirming password,BUG? Reply with quote

Hi, I am referring to the KWSN new registration page, This is what shows the wrong e-mail address. I can not even reset the page. That is why my email address does not show up on my information page on the KWSN. My Team does not show up on BOINCstats when I check my Profile page. It does show up on my projects. I can not link anymore to local host, or Combined BOINC
Stats.I wonder if there are two pages, when I log onto Seti@Home , I get a second page of just my projects. I have to go to preferences to log onto my actual page.Nightwish #ni-1

<iframe
Gemjunkie
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lost. Confused

KWSN is listed as your team on your Boincstats profile page:
http://boincstats.com/en/page/profile/user/120058/

I don't know which page you're referring to as the KWSN new registration page? For team page at a project, Boincstats, BAM?

Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Email address wrong on Profile and can not change! Reply with quote

Maybee I should just change my Email to what it wants to be? Would I have to go onto each project and change it also? If I change it on Seti@Home, would that change my preferences on every project? Nightwish #Mad #ni-2

<iframe
Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Not letting me change, Email address wrong on Profile. Reply with quote

Hey, Guy's, I think I fixed it. I Just changed my Email address to what it wanted to be on NWSN and Seti@Home and BOINC stats, and now I can add this to my Profile! Sorry for all of these problems. Now I have to work on my links.Nightwish #ni-1

<iframe
Concrete-mixing Moose
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it's all hunky dory now Very Happy
#ni-1

Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Fixed one problem, Now how to attach to BOINC Combined Stats Reply with quote

Somehow when all this happened, I lost all of my links to BOINCstats and CPID's, Hosts don't exist in BOINC combined stats.If I can just fix this, I will be just peachy. NWSN still my team! Ra... [I am not a sports fan]
Thank for your shoulder. By the way, I changed my picture too.
Nightwish #ni-1

<iframe
Gemjunkie
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you unchecked 'Show my computers' in the project's preferences, Boincstats won't see them. But Boincstats lists these for you:
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/host/list/0/0/e756c1048d4f9b4f31b4a6c46a5fcfc0
(Perhaps the same computer given 2 Cross Project IDentifiers)

Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Links Not Linking Reply with quote

I am Baffled! #evil Nightwish

<iframe
Gemjunkie
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is confusing having 'Preferences' able to be set locally in the account manager, at the projects where they may apply to all projects, and through BAM, which I don't use. Confused

Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Baffled Reply with quote

Now, it seems that I lost most of my projects and credits on my signature!

<iframe
Gemjunkie
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system uses the email address to identify accounts, if you change it weird things happen.

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the post on POEM website. The person is using a BAM and had 3 different e-mail accounts and somehow it created 3 different accounts on many of the sites.

1: They cannot be merged, that was the original intent of BOINC way back when it started and they have never changed that stance.
2: Pick a single e-mail and go on from there. There is nothing else that can be done.

Personally I saw issues with BAMs early on and never used them myself. I have always maintained use an address you won't lose for projects because if a project goes defunct (and many have) most you'll never be able to go back and change your e-mail, so you'll end up with split stats forever.

Sorry about being blunt, but there is no way around it. The BOINC databases are very fluid and impossible to merge items. It would take a project down for quite a while to try to go edit the database and merge the accounts, then there is no guarantee that the database wouldn't be messed up, plus now it would mess up all the stat sites databases because the data feed would now be messed up and probably cause those sites to have to rebuild their databases to match.
Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Email address wrong on Profile and can not change! Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up! This is an easy fix! Nihtwish #ni-1

<iframe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: