KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donatios through Pay-Pal............

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredericx51
Baron
Baron

Location: Somewhere @ 38C south of the Northpole, probably in a solar powered iglo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Donatios through Pay-Pal............ Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Fred,

I hope you will have noticed from the Number Crunching message board that the GPU Users Group have set up a website which includes a method of collecting donations via PayPal for specific hardware for the SETI@Home project.

See - http://www.gpuug.org/

This is all going very well and we have already received enough donations to actually have hardware delivered (and some on order). See the 'Donation Tracker' information on the home page, and also the 'Donation Info' drop down list (which now includes information about tax exempt donations for US citizens).

That should give you and your team all the information you need.....all I need is for you to motivate your team to make some donations !

Small or large donations we don't mind. For donations of $15 or more a 'green star' will be given to your SETI account. This is done manually once a week or so depending on how busy the SETI staff are at that time.

Also, the SETI Lunatics site, which most know for their optimised applications, now has a 'Donate Now' banner, top left hand side of their Home page, which links into the gpuug.org website PayPal donation system.

What I would like you to do please is to advertise this within your team message board so that as many members see it as possible - or copy this message to an appropriate person in your team for them to do so. We might then get the required hardware sooner rather than later.

A faster and more stable SETI@Home project will be good for everyone !

Many Thanks,
Andrew
GPU Users Group Admin.

This was received by P.M.

People who aren't using a credit card, can not directly pay
a contribution to SETI@home, which is a pitty.

I was asked to place the information needed, regarding a donation to SETI@home, at the K.W.S.N.
I hope this will help donate through Pay-Pal, specially outside the U.S.of A.
Fred J. Verster.
#ni-1 #ni-2 #ni-2

Currently burning:
2 QUAD's Q6600, 1 WIN (stock)XP32, VISTA stock , 1 QX9650@ 3.6GHz.WIN XP64,GTX480.
1 HP Pav LT(Leisure);C2D T2400+7400GT.
1 HP Pav Desktop:Q6600+GTS250
and a i7-2600+2x HD5870.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: