KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adam and Crazy friend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Tanuts R Us
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWSN Im Not Dead
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Adam and Crazy friend Reply with quote

I have put off this reverse taunt long enough. Hault your overly successful attempts to catch and pass me or I shall give you both a firm taunting as i drift off behind you into the distance!!

#ni-1

KWSNImNotDead - "I don't want to go on the cart!". It is spelled LooNies.
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed your post. Did you feel me swat you on your arse as I went by you? Twisted Evil It was only a glancing blow as I was going so fast.
Come and get me. #ni-1

And a few that won't update for some reason.

4870 GPU
KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN imcrazynow wrote:
Sorry I missed your post. Did you feel me swat you on your arse as I went by you? Twisted Evil It was only a glancing blow as I was going so fast.
Come and get me. #ni-1

well according to that graph you're in last place!! Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

are you the one doing the reverse taunting pass?

KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphic is a snapshot. I have passed. I've passed Alex as well. You want some of me you better get current information. Twisted Evil I still got something for you! Twisted Evil You wan't some? Come get some. Wink

4870 GPU
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I was doing pretty good lately...

I guess I was wrong #ni-1
KWSN Im Not Dead
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN imcrazynow wrote:
Come and get me. #ni-1

No i will never admit you passed me!!! I will continue to look at the snapshot at the top of this post and consider that to be the current state.

I actually borged my GF's GPU, but I think it is too little too late.

Enjoy your hard earned victory. I will return someday to challenge both you and your friend Adam!!!!!!

KWSNImNotDead - "I don't want to go on the cart!". It is spelled LooNies.
John Galt 007
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The air up here is really fine...

http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/banner.php?user=[KWSN]John%20Galt%20007
http://stats.free-dc.org/mosttag.php?cpid=f7e8c5dfbccfce7e6054e7a84c151aa4&theme=4.png

( • )Y( • )
KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you all wait till milkygpu starts up and we all start getting our fair share of milky shrubs....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN - Sir Brian C....... wrote:
you all wait till milkygpu starts up and we all start getting our fair share of milky shrubs....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I hear ya screamin man! I just loaded up another 4870. I got one in both my quads. Their both pretty much starving for work.
I took the GTX 260 out of the Q6600. I plan to replace the power supply and install it in my Dell Dimension 8400. I just hope it'll stay cool enough in there. Do you know if it's possible to run a Nvidia and an ATI card in the same system? I know that it would require a dummy plug on one of the cards to fool it into thinking there is a monitor attached.

4870 GPU
Adam Alexander
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN imcrazynow wrote:

I hear ya screamin man! I just loaded up another 4870. I got one in both my quads. Their both pretty much starving for work.
I took the GTX 260 out of the Q6600. I plan to replace the power supply and install it in my Dell Dimension 8400. I just hope it'll stay cool enough in there. Do you know if it's possible to run a Nvidia and an ATI card in the same system? I know that it would require a dummy plug on one of the cards to fool it into thinking there is a monitor attached.

There's some discussion about that in the GPUGrid forum. Apparently it works in Vista, but not XP. Haven't tried it myself though.

Currently running:

Active
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

Reserves
Now down to one Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 that's in a tiny case and overheats if I actually try to use all four cores at the same time. On the other hand, it makes for a very nice home theater PC
Intel Core i7 CPU 920
AMD Athlon(tm) 7850
Adam Alexander
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed this earlier and I must confess taunting isn't my strong suit, but bye bye Twisted Evil

Currently running:

Active
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

Reserves
Now down to one Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 that's in a tiny case and overheats if I actually try to use all four cores at the same time. On the other hand, it makes for a very nice home theater PC
Intel Core i7 CPU 920
AMD Athlon(tm) 7850
Adam Alexander
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be retired by the time they get milkygpu out Mad

Hopefully, they release NVIDIA first

Twisted Evil

Currently running:

Active
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

Reserves
Intel Core i7 CPU 920
AMD Athlon(tm) 7850
Adam Alexander
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN imcrazynow wrote:
The graphic is a snapshot. I have passed. I've passed Alex as well. You want some of me you better get current information. Twisted Evil I still got something for you! Twisted Evil You wan't some? Come get some. Wink

I'll get past you again. Right now I'm not exactly sure how since I'm sort of running out space for computers Rolling Eyes

That second 4870 really did the trick.

EDIT: I meant that second 4870 did the trick for Crazy. I don't have one of those...yet #ni-1

Currently running:

Active
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

Reserves
Intel Core i7 CPU 920
AMD Athlon(tm) 7850

Last edited by Adam Alexander on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102831

The new overclocked 4890.

I'm drooling

#ni-1 #ni-1 #ni-1
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still gotta get my GTX260 up and shrubbing again. I took it out to add the 4870. I think i'll upgrade the old Dell Dimension 8400 P4 @ 3 Ghz HT with a new power supply and a GTX260. Hopefully it'll stay cool enough. That'll add about another 18-20 K per day #ni-1

Does anybody know if you can run a Nvidia and a ATI card in the same box. I know i'd need to fix up one of those dummy plugs to fool one into thinking there's a monitor attached. I just wonder if there's driver conflicts.

4870 GPU
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be better (and cheaper in the long run) to upgrade the board and CPU. A Q6600 system uses half of what a 3.0 P4 HT uses. Probably make the expense back on your powerbill in less than a year. Plus it'll shrub more. =)
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankton wrote:
Might be better (and cheaper in the long run) to upgrade the board and CPU. A Q6600 system uses half of what a 3.0 P4 HT uses. Probably make the expense back on your powerbill in less than a year. Plus it'll shrub more. =)

I plan to move the power hungry P4 to my shop at work. Let them pay the power bill. I already have the PS to put in it. A Tunic 650W. I also picked up a WIFI card for it too. There are several connections close by with a strong signal. Especially from the apartment above my shop. They've given me the password already so I can use it when I get it moved over.

4870 GPU
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most excellent!

Have you talked them into shrubbing as well?

#ni-2
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Alexander wrote:
KWSN imcrazynow wrote:

There's some discussion about that in the GPUGrid forum. Apparently it works in Vista, but not XP. Haven't tried it myself though.

I hate Vista! Maybe it'll work in Windows 7.

4870 GPU
Adam Alexander
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN imcrazynow wrote:
Adam Alexander wrote:
KWSN imcrazynow wrote:

I hate Vista! Maybe it'll work in Windows 7.

I'm not exactly fond of it either. The most unstable machine I have runs Vista Ultimate 64, which is supposed to be their top of the line OS.

Currently running:

Active
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

Reserves
Intel Core i7 CPU 920
AMD Athlon(tm) 7850
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Tanuts R Us All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: