KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oldies vs Newbies....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Tanuts R Us
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Oldies vs Newbies.... Reply with quote

Ha you young whippersnappers..... think you can teach us oldies a lesson eh?

Remember Seti "classic" (sic).. no probably not... Genome@home... wassat then... "Q" who he?

well pre-pared to be taught a lesson.....

#ni-1 #ni-1

Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah!

Take your 8088 and go home before I post about you in my twitter and make a facebook page about how you think you can shrub with a commodore 128!

Quit now or I shall taunt you a second time!

#ni-1 #ni-1 #ni-1
Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post of full crtitque later today, as I have to leave for school soon. Maybe Sir Fart will see this and make his presence known.

Ni
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't much of a taunt. #ni-1
Idan
UN-Smitten
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SETI Classic? is this when ppl used to sit on their porches looking for aliens at nights? Rolling Eyes

Oh, those were the days... Laughing

ohiomike
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankton wrote:
Bah!

Take your 8088 and go home before I post about you in my twitter and make a facebook page about how you think you can shrub with a commodore 128!

Quit now or I shall taunt you a second time!

#ni-1 #ni-1 #ni-1

I laugh at your Commodore 128! It makes me want to see if my TI 99/4A will run Boinc!

Resident Linux fan and credit ho >My Shrubbers<
Proud member of the "Fry a CPU for breakfast club"
Grizzly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed I gotta a Sharp MZ80K (not the A version) STILL running (GREAT calculator !!) . The Altair never worked proper (I'm colour blind red/green Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ) . Various bits of kit still with me include a Honeywell rotating band printer , that you could feed punched cards Shocked .
I JUST know Sir FM can beat this ..

Regds Grizz .

PS : The British Science Museum has two off 'Puters that I owned (In the history of computing hall) , but I threw away the Sinclair MK 80 . Stupid Boy !
I sold the PC Commodore (spelling ?) in 1980 . Again STUPID .
Still got the boxed DOS op systems from version 1 and up disks today (AND no not the one from whom Billy purchased it , thats on the Sharp on TAPE !!)

Ps Grizz in his second childhood - but not his last !

Edihtor of the KoKC (excused spel;l checher'er)

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we port anything to my Apple ][? (No, not the ][+, thank you... I have
a boot-tape and a RAM enhancement to get me from 48K to 64K! W0W!) Laughing

I might even start up my RadioCheap Pocket PC (circa 1980)... Still works, too!

Can we port to BASIC?

JK, PHolks, JK...

Last edited by PhastPhred on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jbyram2
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a KIM-1 that could have shrubbed, if you punched in all the WUs in hex.

Oh, and if you hand compiled the software. And made it fit into the 1K of RAM.

The brain I'm wearing makes me eat chocolate and cry!!
Something Completely different
shoob
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbyram2 wrote:

Hey, that keyboard is missing some letters! It only goes up to F! You should go get your money back. Hope you didn't buy that from Circuit City. Laughing

nu!

mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the younfgins should be quiet before I pull out my old C64 and hit them with it.

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should rebuilt my old Healthkit, and pull out the old Elf II.

Back then you had to know how to do some of your own work. Today's plug and play is no match to the work we had to do to keep our old computers running.

Plus our old speeds, 300 baud modems, none of this fancy cable speeds.

The newbies have us to thank for investing our hard earned money into technology to bring it up to what today is.

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Internet! Don't even get me STARTED about the Internet! I was running an ISDN BBS (The Voice of PHRED!!) at 115k in the early 90s, before we HAD the Browsers! Tens of thousands of BBSes hooked up world-wide in a version of our OWN 'Internet'! One of about 25 IIRC... After that, I was using 'Hooked' software to be using a GUI to 'Browse' the WELL (Whole Earth 'Lectronic Link) WAY before Bill's Mom told him to plug in and he created his Internet Explorer!

(You Newbies DID know that, right? She asked him about the Internet and he said,
like, "Well, Mom, I have EMail" and she told him about Web Pages... The 'All-Knowing Gates'...
)

Laughing

Microsoft 1978
shoob
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhastPhred wrote:
Microsoft 1978

Bunch o' damn Hippies! Get a haircut! Then get a job! No good for nothin'....

nu!

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhastPhred wrote:
And the Internet! Don't even get me STARTED about the Internet! I was running an ISDN BBS (The Voice of PHRED!!) at 115k in the early 90s

You started late even...

My first dial-up was 110 baud to a PDP-11/43 in the mid 1970's. I was BBS'ing in 1977, started running BBSes in 1979, opened a multi-user BBS in 1987 and ran it for 10 years (became an ISP).

I had pretty well every speed of modem, along with IDSN, DSL, Cable, etc. I've talked to the likes of Ward Christensen, John McAfee and was friends with Phil Katz.

Those were the days.

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shoob wrote:
Bunch o' damn Hippies! Get a haircut! Then get a job! No good for nothin'....

nu!

You forget, Grasshopper... With age comes loss of hair! We saw this WAY in advance, and so, we let our hair grow long 'n' strong, like Samson! YEAH! THAT's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
(And I still have long hair! Or two. Are we counting the beards, too?) Laughing
mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODEMS?!?!? Please. I had to print out the code and send it to my friend (via snail mail) to type into his computer, so he could see what I was talking about.
Ok, not really...but it sounds good.

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Mad Anther freakin' spammer! This one is peddeling products for what he is though. A D*^K! Laughing

And a few that won't update for some reason.

4870 GPU
Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if you are going to taunt other teams you need to find your niche. What you excell at. Sir Fart excells at insulting other teams mothers, flatuance ability and makes fun of what they wear. If you can pictures, real or fake, post them on the other teams forum and then make fun of them. This can lead to results to such as getting us all banned from other teams forums (which has happened). I excell at taunting teams that are going to pass us, yes I said pass us. This confuses them since I claim we will be gaining a spot, technically it is true we will be gaining a spot but just in the other direction. Also I excell at the long confusing and downright insane taunt. My taunts ramble for pages of typed text at a time and people just get confused. When in reality I am hurling viscous Wabbit and Shakespearian insults at them.

Another tip is to make fun of their name, make it into a pun. A Star Trek themed group is called Team Picard. We fun of them since we claimed they wore Caradiagns. Team Picard even came up with an official Constitution that all members had to agree to, before they could join them, we had fun poking fun at that until we got into trouble and most of us banned. They eventually unbanned me, and actually hired me (unpaio of course) to make their fourm look busy by posting a lot and eventually the forum became busy on its own and my work was done. Also post pictures of Knights Who Say Ni! from the movie taking over various parts of the other team. We took over the USS Enterprise-D. Also if they have really official sounding rules poke fun of them as well, doing this the right way will increase production and get KWSN into trouble, and lead to another version of When Taunts Go Bad!!!

Now the assignment for all new people is in the new POTM is to find a team nearby in the rankings, get to their forum, register and then deliever a beginning taunt. Make it silly. If the other team is really serious make it even more silly by posting pictures of rabbits with pancakes in their heads. Then post a link in our forum to your post and encourage all other Knights to visit. And maybe PM Sir Al Dente and Sir Fart to see it so they can go over and taunt them. Remember confusion and silliness is the key. Also post a link to our forum and stats site at the old of your first post.

So new Knights, basically anyone after the end of Genome and the start of BOINC. You need to learn your niche. I am the master of the very confused taunt and the backwards in the standings taunt.

So go out there and make us old timers proud. Back in the day there was a none BOINC project called Distributed Folding. And after the end of Genome and before Folding@Home, you could move your stats around from team to team. And the Knights were in the top 5 constantly. So to mess with the stats some weeks we would all join a team near the bottom and then they would skyrocket to the top of the stats, and the KWSN team would fall to the bottom since your credit moves with you, would just create havoc in the standings.

Ni Ni
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was going to register on the Dutch Power Cows forum (they're a longtime rival, right?) but all I get is this:

Sorry, maar dit email adres is gebanned

Does that mean they banned me before I got to taunt? Perhaps they keep their banned list updated with the KWSN membership list. Smile

nu?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Tanuts R Us All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: