KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top 99% all, Top 900 US, Top 2500 World, Top 30 Team, 2m+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Top 99% all, Top 900 US, Top 2500 World, Top 30 Team, 2m+ Reply with quote

Been a good few months for me. Got some new systems online (Q6600 Core 2 Quad, dual Opteron 250, Core 2 T7200, PS3), bumped my RAC by about 3x (from 4,500ish a day to what looks like will settle around 12,000), and will be bringing another system (Athlon 64 3800ish) online by the end of this week with the potential of upgrading it to an X2 3800+. I also broke 2,000,000 total credit last week in BOINC combined, and am starting to enter the purchasing phase of my next system, a Core 2 Q9300 quad.

http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_user_graph.php?pr=bo&id=0f741dcc57d0944ef82a0c15bd4d42cc

That said, here's the latest:
Accumulated more credit than % of all BOINC users 99.816%
BOINC World position based on credit (based on incremental update) 2,531

Accumulated more credit than % of all Team members 99.055%
Position in Team 31 out of 3280

Accumulated more credit than % of all fellow citizens 99.73570%
Position in Country stats 964 out of 364928

#ni-1

The Athlon 64 won't do much, maybe 500/day?, but if I upgrade it to an X2 3800+ it would suddenly be much more interesting. Figure in the overclocked Q9300 Quad and I might actually stop losing ground to Al Dente! He'll have to fire some machines back up for a change. Twisted Evil

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
KWSN Im Not Dead
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, congrats!
#ni-1
That is some serious $$ but it is for a good cause Smile

KWSNImNotDead - "I don't want to go on the cart!". It is spelled LooNies.
Al Dente
Prince
Prince

Location: Leodis, the jewel at the end of the yellow brick road (or M1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Done (or maybe that should be Well About To Do).

I'm not so sure about the "not losing ground" bit, but at least you won't fall behind quite as quickly. Laughing Remember I'm using quite a few cores for non-BOINCing and am still managing 16-17k RAC. 20k is a more realistic aiming point.

As for expansion of the Dentery, I've reached a physical space/power/heat limit, so I've started giving away Shocked 3800x2s so I can replace them with quads.

Not intended to belittle your excellent efforts, but maybe to spur you on to even greater heights - watch out top 20, JerWA's on his way.

#ni-1

Al, the Shrubber with teeth Twisted Evil

. . My Milestones . . My Full BOINC list
KWSN-HoC
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats JerWA, I just can manage somewhat around 8500 RAC .... better than nothing, isn't it?

After buying the house in a few weeks I've calculated a budget (declared as refurbishment, hehe) for one or two Quads (maybe two Phenom 9750, or a 9750 + 9850 or an Intel Quad + a Phenom Quad) ......

Cheers

HoC

Mastrumistulo de Kameloto

(also a Member of the Migratory Coconuts)

'My name is Homer from Borg. Resistance is fu ..... Oh doughnuts!'

KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Did You Say Giving? Shocked Shocked Shocked I'll take one!
Al Dente wrote:

As for expansion of the Dentery, I've reached a physical space/power/heat limit, so I've started giving away Shocked 3800x2s so I can replace them with quads.

#ni-1

Al, the Shrubber with teeth Twisted Evil

BTW I hope you don't decide to turn that awsome shrubbing power to SETI. I'll never catch you.

And a few that won't update for some reason.

4870 GPU
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Baby...

#ni-1
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to retire the XP 3k+ system and leave the 64 3200+ as-is for the time being. Or maybe replace the Pentium 4 1.3 system with the XP 3k. I'm only a handful of parts away from my Q9300 system (went on a spending spree this weekend), but that'll put me around 15k/day I think, still not enough to catch you Al.

I am, however, working on a few systems at work that I might be able to get online part time. Not expecting much there though, the labs I support are perilously close to their heat capacity and that's without everything churning and burning 100% of the time like BOINC would. I'd already be in the 15k/day range right now if I hadn't of gotten my boss hooked on stats. He was fine with all his machines being under my name until I showed him BOINCStats, now he's trying to catch up to me. Laughing

As for X2 3800s, send one my way. If you've got a socket 939 one that'd be perfect, just send me the chip hehe.

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
Al Dente
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I ordered the bits for a Phenom 9850 Black today (thought I'd give AMD another try after the disappointment that's the 9500), but I'm going to retire my ancient XP1800+ from active duty (only 150-200/day, but there's a sentimental attachment as it was my first shrubber).

I've then got 5 3800x2s to replace, probably at 6-8 week intervals, so I'll be offering them to worthy causes as they become surplus - I'd much rather keep them shrubbing for KWSN than donating them to local schools.

So by Christmas I should have gained another 10k+ (more if I can add some dual-quads).

Just to keep you on your toes,

#ni-1

Al

mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Dente wrote:
Well, I ordered the bits for a Phenom 9850 Black today (thought I'd give AMD another try after the disappointment that's the 9500), but I'm going to retire my ancient XP1800+ from active duty (only 150-200/day, but there's a sentimental attachment as it was my first shrubber).

I've then got 5 3800x2s to replace, probably at 6-8 week intervals, so I'll be offering them to worthy causes as they become surplus - I'd much rather keep them shrubbing for KWSN than donating them to local schools.

So by Christmas I should have gained another 10k+ (more if I can add some dual-quads).

Just to keep you on your toes,

#ni-1

Al

I vow to keep it shrubbing for KWSN. As a matter of fact that's all it would have to do. I do all of my other work from this computer. I did however find a computer thown away yesterday. It's a HP D4100Y. I don't know what's wrong with it though. It powers up ( lights come on, DVD drive opens/closes/spins) but nothing shows on monitor,no beeps no lights on keyboard) Could this be motherboard issue or what? It's a Pentum D @ 3.0 Ghz with 1GB of Ram. ASUS P5LP- LE Motherboard. Nvidia 6600 graphics card, SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card. I think it would be a good shrubber if I could get it working.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4870 GPU
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imcrazynow wrote:
I don't know what's wrong with it though. It powers up ( lights come on, DVD drive opens/closes/spins) but nothing shows on monitor,no beeps no lights on keyboard) Could this be motherboard issue or what? It's a Pentum D @ 3.0 Ghz with 1GB of Ram. ASUS P5LP- LE Motherboard. Nvidia 6600 graphics card, SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card. I think it would be a good shrubber if I could get it working.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If DVD works its not SB, Does it have on board video, If yes try that, if not try a different video card. Make sure the system speaker is plugged in, it could be beeping and you would not know. Wink
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it has a seperate graphics card. Nvidia 6600. What got me was no lights on keyboard or anything. Just a blank monitor screen. I don't have any speakers to hook up to it without some major rearranging. I was leaning more towards a graphics card problem but the keyboard lights threw me off and made me wonder if maybe it was the MB. I guess i'll have to go get a graphics card to explore further? I just didn't want to spend unnecesary money. I need that for gas! #ni-1

4870 GPU
ohiomike
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imcrazynow wrote:
No, it has a seperate graphics card. Nvidia 6600. What got me was no lights on keyboard or anything. Just a blank monitor screen. I don't have any speakers to hook up to it without some major rearranging. I was leaning more towards a graphics card problem but the keyboard lights threw me off and made me wonder if maybe it was the MB. I guess i'll have to go get a graphics card to explore further? I just didn't want to spend unnecesary money. I need that for gas! #ni-1

Something that works in these types of cases sometimes- clear the CMOS. Use the CMOS jumper (switch positions for about 10 sec with power OFF), or remove the battery (power off & unplugged) for a minute or 2.

Resident Linux fan and credit ho >My Shrubbers<
Proud member of the "Fry a CPU for breakfast club"
KWSN imcrazynow
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiomike wrote:
imcrazynow wrote:

Something that works in these types of cases sometimes- clear the CMOS. Use the CMOS jumper (switch positions for about 10 sec with power OFF), or remove the battery (power off & unplugged) for a minute or 2.

Still no go. I removed the battery for about 5 minutes with computer unpluged. Still nothing on the monitor and no lights to the keyboard I.E. Caps lock or numbers lock. Does this sound like a graphics card or MB issue to you?

4870 GPU
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al, while I still cannot hope to surpass you, I am putting forth an effort to at least stymie your charge into the distance hehe. Most of the projects are still on the same equipment, with the exception of the Athlon 64 3200+ which has finally become an X2 3800 (the end of that machines upgrade path unfortunately, but still a pretty nice setup). I have some of the parts to start it's eventual replacement to a quad Opty or something similar, but that's months off at least.

My new Q9300 should be done and built around the end of this month, maybe into the first week of next month. Plan to overclock it as far as I can on air cooling (and with an $80 CPU cooler and some kick butt DDR2 1066 that should be pretty far), so we'll see how that works out.

I've also got something brewing on World Comm. since we're still getting our collective butts handed to us there. I can't really go into details, and the project gets the dubious honor of being the first and only project I've got host stats hidden on, but it's looking like we'll be moving up the ranks a bit soon. By the way, I passed you in this project. Nya nya!

#ni-1

Al Dente
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't belittle your efforts - yesterday I shrubbed at 6th in the team. you were 7th, so there's not too much difference in output.

I've got to within 100k of Sir Brian during his absence, but he's due back today, so when he cranks up that infernal fruit machine of his I'll be choking in his dust again.

Glad to see you noticed that gracefully executed reverse pass in WCG, but it's all designed to lull you into a false sense of security. I was about to stick a bit on that when Wize kicked back in (and mightily), so we seem to have seen off the immediate threats, and are busy gaining places again.

I must admit, I've been concentrating on projects where we can gain a few places - ABC, RCN, Yoyo, Superlink (I gave up Lattice as a bad job) and we're doing well in Ralph - up 5 places recently, another 10-12 in the next month or so = 32nd to 15th in 10 weeks, plus a few of the newer projects.

I'm currently waiting for my next shrubber to arrive - a fully stuffed blade rack, with 16 x dual-quad Oppies*

#ni-1

Al

It should be with me soon after I win the Lottery Laughing

KWSN - Sir Brian C.......
Stop calling me 'she'
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Dente wrote:
I've got to within 100k of Sir Brian during his absence, but he's due back today, so when he cranks up that infernal fruit machine of his I'll be choking in his dust again.

I'm currently waiting for my next shrubber to arrive - a fully stuffed blade rack, with 16 x dual-quad Oppies*

#ni-1

Al

It should be with me soon after I win the Lottery Laughing

yep I'm back.... Good Work there Sir Jerwa.....

PS I've just ordered one of these, It may annoy the neighbours, left in the car park but hey,'ve got two spaces!

#ni-1

Al Dente
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that would do very nicely.

I'd been day-dreaming of a brick sh^h^h out-house, with one end louvres, the other a 6' fan and a few racks with fully-stuffed blade chassis in the middle. (12 x 10U chassis, each with 16 x dual-quad Oppies/Xeons = 1536 cores @~500/core = 768,000 RAC). I'd also be able to grow frost-tender shrubs at the louvre end Laughing

Unfortunately, that also means ~150kW, or ~£900/day at current prices!!!

Then I woke up.

Reality can be very boring. Crying or Very sad

#ni-1

mohrorless
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Reality sucks @$$.

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

dtruchan
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Congrats JERWA Reply with quote

Very nice indeed, I haven't been around in a while, last time I was, it seems like you just hit 1 million.

Congrats...

#ni-1 #ni-2 #ni-1 #ni-2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: