KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question regarding stats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xy
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Question regarding stats Reply with quote

I was looking at my overall stats and see I am split into 2 listings with the same username (XY) . Is it something I did to cause this, and is there anything I can do to get them all together?

Thanks

Eric
XY
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest way is to make sure that you have one machine running all your projects. This way your Id # can sync up. Also make sure your name is EXACTLY the same in all projects.
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually for users the name isn't as important. It is the "Cross-Project ID" (CPID) that determines who is the same person across projects. This ID should be displayed on your account page on each project. If any projects don't match the others then this explains why you are split. The other thing you want to make sure of is that you belong to the same team on every project (KWSN being the obvious choice) otherwise it is somewhat random as to which team you will be listed on in the combined stats.
jonnyv
Happy Fun Admin
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email address is what needs to be the same across projects for CPID to sync up.
xy
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I reset all the names exactly the same and the emails the same and no more split personality. Been a while since I paid any attention to it, one of the emails was 2 ISP's ago!

Zoomed all the way into the top 32,000 overall.... what an exciting number!

On a related note, this new machine with the Q6600 is making all my previous efforts over the last few years seem minimal. It really racks up the shrubs and I'm only running it about 70%.

#ni-1
JerWA
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recently added one of those Q6600s to my farm and was quite impressed with it as well, at least until my PS3 started spewing points like there's no tomorrow.

Ah well, every little bit counts. My Athlon XP 3000+ is still churning away but is getting a bit rickety, so I plan to retire it from active desktop duty (into a network file storage role where it can relax most of the time) some time this week and bring up a slightly better Athlon 64 3700 or 3800 (I won't know for sure which until I power it up) to take over its role. Guess I'll see how that turns out.

Back on the subject at hand, having a single "master" computer on every project you plan to shrub is the best bet. If you ever see the CPIDs fall out of synch, just fire that project up on the main system and it'll sort itself. It's also a good thing to note that you don't have to do any WORK for the project, just be active and talk to it for the CPIDs to synch, so you can set them all to not download work and just let them idle awhile as required (which should only ever be the first time you start a new project).

Stats: [BOINC Synergy] - [Free-DC] - [MundayWeb] - [Netsoft] - [All Project Stats]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: