KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory wanted...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Memory wanted... Reply with quote

Are you retiring an older computer? Do you have some extra RAM sitting around? I am looking for some PC3200 memory. I'm interesting in finding a pair of 1G at a really good price, or if I can not find that, a single 512M to pair the other one I have. This is not for me, but for an underprivileged family I am trying to help get the kids ability to use for school work etc. The box they have has a single 512M in, but is running XP, and really has issues with the single 512M when things like Office, etc. run.

Thanks for any help you may have for me.
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck I have the same problem. Don't buy until you know it will work in the board. I have found some old boards won't take 1gig sticks.
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Papa Smurph wrote:
Good luck I have the same problem. Don't buy until you know it will work in the board. I have found some old boards won't take 1gig sticks.

Read the manual. I think these are the chips that have both low and high density, that's the only part I am unsure of. It is an eMachine.
Lloyd M.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Memory wanted... Reply with quote

Pooh Bear 27 wrote:
Are you retiring an older computer? Do you have some extra RAM sitting around? I am looking for some PC3200 memory. I'm interesting in finding a pair of 1G at a really good price,[snip].

Doesn't absolutely STINK how much cheaper DDR2 is than DDR? I'm pretty much in the same boat, with a matched pair of 256's dual channel, and having to restart with some regularity because of Windoze memory leaks.

Circuit City was advertising 1GB DDR sticks for $44.99 (straight up, no rebates). Not particularly helpful to me because I still want two of whatever I get, and it might be helpful to you.

Also, last I checked, TigerDirect.com had some good deals on DDR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: