KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OK, I JUST GIVE UP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klaatuborada
Yo ho! Post ho!
Prince

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: OK, I JUST GIVE UP! Reply with quote

Now I've lost my stats because the stat site I was using is down, so I went to boincstats, and I registered but I haven't gotten the email to sign in, (it's been almost 2 days), and I tried to figure out free-dc but couldn't figure out how to register... it's driving me crazy....

Can anyone tell me how to get stats at Free-DC. It looks like I have to join the Free-DC team, but I want to stay with KwsN, and boincstats won't let me in and i'm confused....

All this for the little stats at the bottom of my page, but I want them! I do I do....

I'm going to do laundry and cook dinner now....

Fart in your gen direxion
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: OK, I JUST GIVE UP! Reply with quote

klaatuborada wrote:

I'm glad to see we have a woman on here that knows her place: in the kitchen, doing laundry or in the bedroom Cool .

Fixing the PC is man's work, that's why you're confounded by it. Get your hubby working on it and don't worry your pretty little head over it Confused .

And when you're done with dinner and laundry, iron the damn cat, will ya Mad ? His fur is sticking up all over the place and he looks like shite Razz .

#ni-1

Flatulenty yours,

Sir Fart

The Prince of Noxious Fumigations
The Earl of Eruption
The Baron of Breaking Wind
The Marquis of the Malodorous
The Monarch of Methane
Loony Emeritus
klaatuborada
Yo ho! Post ho!
Prince

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, how do I tell you this. My husband is completely NON-mechanical. I think it's his half Jewish side. If something breaks he calls the repairman. I got tired of paying the repairman so I fix everything I can. (Computers, toilets, microphones, cables, etc., etc.)

I am the nerd in my family and damn proud of it! 'Cept sometimes when I can't figure out how to do certain things like Get My Stats!

Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo, Lady K. #ni-1 Girls can do anything. We paint, we hammer, we replace vehicle starter motors, toilets etc etc. I don't touch electrical stuff though.

Sir Fart, get back into the kitchen. I'm hungry. Razz

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Al Dente
Prince
Prince

Location: Leodis, the jewel at the end of the yellow brick road (or M1)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same trouble, and it took me ages to figure out the Free-DV system. Being fresh in my mind, this is what it took (it looks a bit long-winded, but it's quite simple once someone (like me) has found the trick to it).
1. Go to Free-dc.org.
2. Register for their forum. This gets you in.
3. Back to Home, "Stats" at top, "Stats site" halfway down gets you to a Stats page (while logged in).
4. Click "Statstool Config" (on the left)
5. "You have a valid forum login (Al Dente), but no row exists on the name alias table." Create. You're in!
6. Now the fun starts.
7. Pick the team. Enter your ID for each project you want to show on your sig. You can "Update" after each to see how it's going to look.
7a. To get the ID that Free-DC uses, go to their stats page for the appropriate project, find yourself and hover the mouse over your name. The address for that link has name=xxxx at the end. The xxxx is what you need to enter as your ID. (I had trouble with WCG - my name on that one was "Al+DenteThe+Knights+who+say+Ni%23" and this didn't work. After trying every number I could find at the WCG site, I replaced the +'s with spaces and the %23 with ! and it worked. Bear this one in mind for later).
8. Play with the colours if you want something other than the default sig.*
9. Tick the "Create Static Image" box.
10. Go to the FAQ page. The reference you want is the third type (http://stats.free-dc.org/images/name.png). If you've got any spaces in your name (the Free-DC forum one), replace them with + (another one that had me going in circles for a while). Slap some [img][/img] tags around it and Bob's your uncle.
11. Have a nice relaxing cup of coffee, 'cos it'll be ½ hour before your sig will show any numbers.

Best of Luck and may your sig always #ni-1

* If you don't know about RGB, you need to enter 3 numbers (space separated) in the range 0 to 255 to show how much Red, Green & Blue is in the colour. 0 0 0 is black, 255 255 255 is white, 255 0 0 is red, etc.
e.g. in my sig 245 255 245 is the green tinted background, 180 0 50 is the Burgundy project names, 110 110 160 is the dusty blue scores. [(R + G = Yellow, R+B = Magenta/Mauve, G + B = Cyan/Turquoise).

. . My Milestones . . My Full BOINC list
Idan
UN-Smitten
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klaatuborada wrote:
Ummm, how do I tell you this. My husband is completely NON-mechanical. I think it's his half Jewish side. If something breaks he calls the repairman. I got tired of paying the repairman so I fix everything I can. (Computers, toilets, microphones, cables, etc., etc.)

I am the nerd in my family and damn proud of it! 'Cept sometimes when I can't figure out how to do certain things like Get My Stats!

*Cough* *Cough* I'm a very technical-mechanical Jewish possum btw... *Cough* *Cough*...

*Cough* btw, *Cough* what side of him is Jewish? the *Cough* mother, or *Cough* fa-*Cough*-ther?

God, need to do something with this *Cough* Very Happy

klaatuborada
Yo ho! Post ho!
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well, it's his mother's side... his father's side is Greek, which also explains it, don't you think? I hope I didn't get you upset, but it is actually what HE says when he explains why I do all the repairs.... No insult intended.

Maybe someday, they'll figure out how we can get a sarcasm button on the computer.....

Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ni! i!u
klaatuborada
Yo ho! Post ho!
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are EXCELLENT buttons!

I guess I should also tell you that I know that if my husband's mother is Jewish, then he is 100% Jewish. He's half Russian and half Greek. But he tells me the Greek side keeps influencing his Jewishness. He also brags that the joke about Reservations for dinner was written about his mother, and tells people so.

Now, he's a type B personality, and I'm most definately type A, so when my type A personality kicks into high gear, combined with the fact that I'm 1/4 German, my husband starts goose-stepping around me.

What a jokester eh?

(Does he take into account the 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Hungarian, 1/4 Sicilian sides? forget about it...)

Idan
UN-Smitten
Prince

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not upset, I just get a terrible looney cough sometimes... Wink

It's all good! You can laugh at me as much as you want, I do it as well, we all do! It's not smart to laugh at others if you don't know how to laugh at yourself...

Anyway, Greeks are great too! Yasoo, breaking plates, Sirtaki, Uzo (Yum yum yum, alcohol...), Tzantziki, and a lot a lot more...

Visited there about 3 times, once in the island of Crete... a great trip each time! Very Happy

Stop being so politicly correct... or I'll sue you for excessive loonieness... Very Happy

klaatuborada
Yo ho! Post ho!
Prince

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succcccessssss! Yes!

Thankyou Al Dente. Your directions were very good.

Now I'm just trying to figure out my seti classic user ID but berkley stats are down and might be down for good. The Boinc Seti At Home has my old stats but it doesn't tell me what my old id was or how to link to the old numbers.

I'm giving up on that for now, but I'm going to work on it.

Lady DC
Princess DC
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: OK, I JUST GIVE UP! Reply with quote

Fart in your gen direxion wrote:
klaatuborada wrote:

I'm glad to see we have a woman on here that knows her place: in the kitchen, doing laundry or in the bedroom Cool .

Fixing the PC is man's work, that's why you're confounded by it. Get your hubby working on it and don't worry your pretty little head over it Confused .

And when you're done with dinner and laundry, iron the damn cat, will ya Mad ? His fur is sticking up all over the place and he looks like shite Razz .

#ni-1

Okay, Sir Fart. What happen to your brain? Words like that tells me you have lost your brain again. Mad

Leon Day is coming. A most wonderful day to celebrate.

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/ladydc_counter.php[/img]

Fart in your gen direxion
I am the goatse.cx guy
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: OK, I JUST GIVE UP! Reply with quote

Lady DC wrote:
Okay, Sir Fart. What happen to your brain? Words like that tells me you have lost your brain again. Mad

It never was firmly attached Sad .
Sir Fart's Brain
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: OK, I JUST GIVE UP! Reply with quote

Fart in your gen direxion wrote:
Lady DC wrote:

It never was firmly attached Sad .

I was attached, until the day you took me out to play volleyball!

By the way, in volleyball, when they say to "spike the ball", they don't mean THIS KIND OF SPIKE!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: