KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAH question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: FAH question. Reply with quote

My last four(4) WU's have been 1809, is this normal or is this WU needed more than the others?

I finally got WU's that were worth more than 48 credits and I get the same one, is this normal?

What can I do to get a LARGE credit WU? I would like to get just one(1) in my life time.

Thanks for any help and #ni-1 .
Grizzly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: FAH question. Reply with quote

alpha_fruit wrote:
My last four(4) WU's have been 1809, is this normal or is this WU needed more than the others?

I finally got WU's that were worth more than 48 credits and I get the same one, is this normal?

What can I do to get a LARGE credit WU? I would like to get just one(1) in my life time.

Thanks for any help and #ni-1 .

Hi and Ni ! My Lady

As far as I can figure , all WU's have a finite time completion limit (unless you specify no time limit upon configuration ) , and as such , the benchmarking done by F@H will only allocate WU's that suite a particular box speed (ie the amout of time required to return that completed WU ) . Fast boxes get bigger WUs 'coz they can be returned in a reasonable time (say 3 weeks)

If you specify a "No time Limit" for WUs on a slow box , you will still not get the big WUs , because there are verry few of them - and are new - they go out on an Ad Hoc basis of first come first served to fast boxes . If I knew how to get them every time I WOULD Very Happy (Along with everyone else !!)

The LARGE WUs can sometimes be worth upto 2X more points each one .

Hope this helps , but Sir Furry Mark is the expert on this Very Happy

Regds Grixzly ./

Ps Grizz in his second childhood - but not his last !

Edihtor of the KoKC (excused spel;l checher'er)

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Sir Grizzly, I have Satallite DSL and am hooked to the internet 24/7, it is a very fast connection, I did click for any WU's they assigned so I was just wondering (my mind does this alot) why I get small credit WU's. I have had WU's that lasted for 3 weeks and more, I got 200+ credits for them. No rhyme or reason, huh?

You have a great weekend you sweet thang you.

Wahoo, Nascar and Tony starts this weekend. So i'm putting my makeup on and fixin' my hair. GO TONY May all the drivers be safe all year long.

RIP Dale Earnhardt #3. 5 years today.
Grizzly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alpha_fruit wrote:
Thank Sir Grizzly, I have Satallite DSL and am hooked to the internet 24/7, it is a very fast connection, I did click for any WU's they assigned so I was just wondering (my mind does this alot) why I get small credit WU's. I have had WU's that lasted for 3 weeks and more, I got 200+ credits for them. No rhyme or reason, huh?

You have a great weekend you sweet thang you.

Wahoo, Nascar and Tony starts this weekend. So i'm putting my makeup on and fixin' my hair. GO TONY May all the drivers be safe all year long.

RIP Dale Earnhardt #3. 5 years today.

OK Mam , but do not mix up a fast connection with a fast CPU (box) . blimey I WANNA satelite DSL !! Gonna get me a Satelite (*) Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Whatever the Satelite DSL link costs (DO NOT ask for this in the UK !! ££££ ), a FAST CPU is a better investment for "crunching" on any project . Yep I am trying to give you the habbit - err Hobbit - err Raison D'ettre so to speak Rolling Eyes .
If you have a FAST CPU ( AMD Dual Core 2,4 Gig or Intel 3.8 Gig for example - and not paying the National dept(store) for either , - they go QUICK !!
And will give yoou a better chance of the LARGE WUs .
Pimp Mode Off for extra horsepower

Shocked

Umm- Pimp mode on again - depending on how much you pay fpr your bandwidth on Satelkite connection and limits , Majestic 12 needs a little help , has a VERY low overhead , and works well with your chosen projects . Look at my stats for this on a 2 Gig land line to make a dessicion'ss (And how much it might cost you to to be usein' your Sat' allocation per month etc )

Very Best Regds Grizxz

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have any amount we want but after 600 whatevers it slows way down to a very small trickle, so maybe not worth it.

I have a AMD 1800+ upstairs (it is almost 5 years old)and downstairs I have a AMD 3000+, is it probable to have a faster AMD installed on the upstairs PC?

I figured I'd ask you before I bug the crap outta my PC guy.

I have 2 other pc's one a Pentium II and a Pentium III, I may can hook them up and let them crunch some, that is after asking hubby to buy some more routers for them, that may not go over to good.
braddblk
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised your AMD isn't pulling in the bigger wu's. Even though I have a dual core each are 3.0G and I have each core acting like it's a seperate computer so I'm doing two at once and the wu's I'm getting are 500-700+ pts. I complete them in about 35 to 40+ hrs. Are you using the console or the graphical programs?

On upgrading the 1.8 I was told that it would be a simple processor swap to upgrade a 1.6 I have. Just haven't got around to actually doing it.

I a lumberjack and I'm ok
Grizzly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alpha_fruit wrote:
We have any amount we want but after 600 whatevers it slows way down to a very small trickle, so maybe not worth it.

I have a AMD 1800+ upstairs (it is almost 5 years old)and downstairs I have a AMD 3000+, is it probable to have a faster AMD installed on the upstairs PC?

I figured I'd ask you before I bug the crap outta my PC guy.

I have 2 other pc's one a Pentium II and a Pentium III, I may can hook them up and let them crunch some, that is after asking hubby to buy some more routers for them, that may not go over to good.

Ni And Hi !! me' Lady

If Grizz ain't wrong , you are rune'ing more than one project on yore each box , each project takes some (or more) CPU Cwcles to complete . The ammount of time that F@H takes is , umm - sorted by F@H and gives a benchmark for that box wich is contributin' . I.e , fast box and more than one project running on it ( I SED IT - Doh ) less time to each WU (any project ) and therefor an adjusted benchmark for large WUs ( I know I am obtuse ) but run just F@H on the fast box , and your chances of getting a large WU are increased . PHEW .

With regards to up grading (Can'o'worms) your box(s) , tell me the specs of each box (MotherBoard , socket type , Intell or AMD CPU , memory fitted and Power supply [PSU] ) and Grizz will try and advise .

Why more routers ? Wireless one (no cables) should give you connectivity over a diameter of ~ 40 feet .

GGB now ( Gotta- Go-Bed Rolling Eyes )

Regds Grizzl

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

A Shrubbery
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With regards to up grading (Can'o'worms) your box(s) , tell me the specs of each box (MotherBoard , socket type , Intell or AMD CPU , memory fitted and Power supply [PSU] ) and Grizz will try and advise .

Ummm... TRS-80

Can you make it fly?

But since this is a folding question thread, I'd like to know when folding is finally coming over to the dark side that is BOINC. Been no official word from the powers over there for going on a month after it was due to be tested.

KWSN - A Shrubbery
Shrubbing since 2000 for the KaNI!ghts.
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly wrote:

Ni And Hi !! me' Lady

If Grizz ain't wrong , you are rune'ing more than one project on yore each box , Took all projects off, except FAH on both machines
With regards to up grading (Can'o'worms) your box(s) , tell me the specs of each box (MotherBoard , socket type , Intell or AMD CPU , memory fitted and Power supply [PSU] ) and Grizz will try and advise .Tell me where to find all this mess and I will give you the answers.

Why more routers ? Wireless one (no cables) should give you connectivity over a diameter of ~ 40 feet .We have hackers who can hack a wireless and use it for their evil doings. I know of which I speak, cause it happened to me already. When AOL shut my account for someone hacking through my wireless router, I left AOL. They knew better cause we were their 1400th customer in Beta. They just turn you off without asking "what happened". That sorta sucked, so bye bye AOL. Then they beg you to stay, no way Jose.

GGB now ( Gotta- Go-Bed Rolling Eyes )

Regds Grizzl

(I did install e0n on the AMD 1800+ machine today to see how it gets along with FAH.)
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's info I think you may want.

NTFS
Used 11.9 gb
Free 62.5 gb
Capacity 74.5 gb

AMD XP 1800+
1054 GHZ 480 mb of Ram

If not tell me where to find the info you need.
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had e0n running like a champ and guess what.......Unable to open CuEMTCli3.dll for writing.

Seems like e0n does a lot of zzzzz's, maybe this isn't the project for me.

Anyone else have this problem?
Gunslinger
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like eOn got installed in the wrong directory - it should be able to rewrite the library dll file if you were able to create it there in the first place. Check the working directory path for the link in your startup folder - if you didn't alter the installation directory it should point to c:\Programs Files\eon

NI! #2gunfire

Psychopathic Gun-toting Knight. Available for Hire!
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is installed in the right place C:programs/eon or something like that. It just doesn't have much work and is sleeping almost all the time.

Grizzly, got 2 more of the 1809 WU's from FAH. Both machines are doing the same thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: