KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earned credit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Humanitarian DC Teams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braddblk
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Earned credit? Reply with quote

I just finished a w/u that took about 3 days. The previous ones took about 1. The start up said I was working on w\u 9 and the stat page said I had completed 8 w\u. However when the 3 day long w\u was done I still only showed 8 completed and no more points. The w\u downloaded now says that its w\u 00. What's going on? Sad Has anybody ran into this before? #ni-2 Thanks
#ni-1
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check on my WU's/credits here. Here's yours.

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=braddblk&teamnum=117
Mildew
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Folding client has a built-in queue for WUs. In case it is unable to send a result, it can keep it in the queue and still download another unit.
This queue has length 10, i.e. 0..9. The number listed in the client start-up text is only the queue position of the current WU.
The number of actually completed WUs are shown just after you send a result, or can be found on the stats site.

Also, different units are worth different amounts of credit. you may have sent in 8 results, but you have 495 credits. A WU that is worth more credits take a longer time to complete.
If you want to know how much credit a given project is worth, that information is available here.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?
braddblk
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the one that the comp. worked on for 3 days could still be waiting to be sent? Idea Thanks
Mildew
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about that. The log message will tell you if the upload was successful or not. You can find the log in the same directory as you installed FaH into, and it's named FAHlog.txt (or FAHlog-Prev.txt if you have restarted the client).

I'm not sure about the graphical client, cause I've never used that, but if you are running the text-only version you can view the queue by running the client in a command window with the -queueinfo option, for example:
Code:
FAH502-Console.exe -queueinfo

Anyway, it is more likely that it's taking a while for it to show up in the stats. There is usually a couple of hours delay before the credit turns up in the stats, and sometimes it can be quite a while...

[edit]
Ops... Just checked the link provided by Alpha above. It says there that:
Quote:
Date of last work unit 2005-12-09 11:08:21
so I'd guess your WU was turned in after all.
[/edit]

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?
braddblk
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get the credit, for some reason it was slow. The one that I was first wondering about took over 3 days to complete instead of one like they had been. But it was different that instead of step count down to do frames were listed instead. Then the next one was over 3 million steps and the one that's working now is over 12 million steps. I seem to be getting larger and larger wu's. Oh and I went from 498 I think @ 8 to 701 @ 9 so I am getting credit, just larger chunks of it Idea Smile . Thanks for the info. I did try the graphical to start with but went over to the console, much better.
L Very Happy Very Happy #ni-1
alpha_fruit
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braddblk, you can go here to see how much your WU is worth in credits. It took me awhile to figure it all out, but just leave it alone and it will do just fine.

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/psummary.html

or here and use the drop down box for your WU.

http://jmol.sourceforge.net/fah/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Humanitarian DC Teams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: