KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where did I go??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWSN - Den Store Mester
Princess

Location: Danish kvadrant, Greater Copenhagen area, formerly of the Orion Beltway

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Where did I go?? Reply with quote

Dear Mac,

The below was posted at your stats.

Quote:
Changed the definition of "active" users. Until now I have been defining an "active user" as someone with more than 0 credit. This was a holdover from the first couple of months after seti@home went live with BOINC. They were exporting 3 million 0 credit users that were imported from seti classic. The easiest way to tell which people were doing work in BOINC was to see if they had any credit. However this became outdated a long time ago but I never changed my code. Now I have finally done it and an "active user" is now defined as a user who has been granted credit in the last 14 days. This is based on the expavg_time field in the XML. The only problem now is that LHC@home is currently updating the expavg_time field every day or two so I have no way of telling wether or not a user is active. I have bugged them about it. hopefully they will see the light Smile

I only supply a trickle (of garishlu hued) shrubs, yet I seem to have disappeard. I have completed 1416,94 shrubs through BOINC'ing, but I can not find myself on the roll of KWSN!!! I used to be there before your update, and I have uploaded in the last 14 days.

What happend?? is it the Swedes??

I think we should be told.

#ni-1
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrm... good question. My change in the definition of "active" shouldn't have affected you being listed in the KWSN roster though. CPDN has been having MASSIVE problems lately though so I suspect it is on their end. Unfortunately I can't do too much troubleshooting at the moment as I am on vacation visiting relatives in Nebraska with my parents and internet access is hard to come by. I'm at a cafe with wireless right now but grandma doesn't know about teh interweb and the nuns next door don't have a wireless network set up either... I'll be back home on Thursday. You might check again though. CPDN's XML was a little wonky and required some manual intervention to update so it wasn't updating for a couple of days until I fixed it just now. Well back to grandma's for supper or something.

#ni-1
KWSN - Den Store Mester
Princess

Location: Danish kvadrant, Greater Copenhagen area, formerly of the Orion Beltway

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

Enjoy your vacation.

When searcing for myself as a use, I do show up, and I show as a member of our NI!ce group. It's "only" (which is not an only, bat a big deal for me) when looking at active posters I am missing.

Since I have never been part of any other groups, it is very sad to see oneself, throw away with the dishwater.

#ni-1
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you towards the bottom on this page. The team listing only has 100 users per page. You have to click the "Next Page" link 3 times to find yourself Smile
KWSN - Den Store Mester
Princess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacG wrote:
I see you towards the bottom on this page. The team listing only has 100 users per page. You have to click the "Next Page" link 3 times to find yourself Smile

NI!

Yes and I did, and I was not showing. I may be showing now, but I was not for the two weeks preceeding my spost, nor at the time of my second post.

Something ain't right in your stats.

#ni-1
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWSN - Den Store Mester wrote:

That's UNPOSSIBLE!!! You must be a witch! BURN!

But just in case... I suppose I will keep a closer eye on it. I also have a couple of upgrades in the works.

#ni-2
KWSN - Den Store Mester
Princess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacG wrote:

That's UNPOSSIBLE!!! You must be a witch! BURN!

But just in case... I suppose I will keep a closer eye on it. I also have a couple of upgrades in the works.

#ni-2

Try look again.

If you sort by latest shrub, I show up. If look for the default, total number of shrubs I ain't there again!!!

As of yesterday I was at 1512 and the last page with members ended at page 4 before getting to me.

The clarifier state that there are 322 members, but only 300 show up.

Lowest credited number of shrubs 1741!!!!

I have been a gallant NI!ght since November 7th, 1963!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something ain’t right with your stats.

#ni-1
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy handgrenade! You ARE listed on this page. BUT... the "Next page" link to that page on the bottom of the previous page is missing! Shocked Looks like something is going wrong in the if statement that determines wether or not to place the "next page" link at the bottom of the table. I have a theory but it will have to wait until I get home tonight before I can verify and correct the situation.

But I want to make it very clear that this source of evil in the world will be dealt with in an appropriate manner and those responsible will be sacked! We cannot stand by idly and watch as our society is threatened and forced into submission to this deep threat! I WILL SAVE YOU! In exchange for a fresh alpaca - mine is getting old and has lost her sense of humor!
KWSN - Den Store Mester
Princess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrrummmpppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I will see it before I believe it.

The Alapaca NI!ght would be our dimensionally displaced sentient. I don't procure or deliver Alpaca's.

#ni-1
ToeBee
KWSN Castellan
KWSN Castellan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suspicion was correct! It should be fixed now. The problem was that I was basing the cutoff of when to stop displaying the "next page" link on the number of "active" users. Until recently this worked because I defined "active users" as anyone with non-zero credit. However I recently changed that definition to "has been granted credit in the last 14 days". This reduced the number of active users and cut off the "next page" link too early.

If you didn't understand any of that, suffice it to say "It should work now, mkay?"

Now... where is my alpaca?

#ni-1
KWSN - Den Store Mester
Princess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Where did I go?? Reply with quote

NI!

I fully comprehend what you are saying, I jst do not get the meaning. Suffice to say that the following was posted on November 7th, and today November 7th - A full month after the fact you admit to a slight error??!!??.

In addition to which you chimed in from vacationary endeavours on November 7th derinding the aforementioned NI!ght, for it's inability to use your statistikker correctly. Eventhough said aforementioned NI!ght retorted already no November 7th, you persisted in your insistence that nothing was wrong, yet yesterday November 7th you see "something amiss, and today November 7th, we are finally ensured of the correct setting of switches a sprockets.

Thanks for your help and understanding. New shrubbers were borged this morning, and should in a very short while make the displacement of the gallant NI!ght on the lower rungs of the ladder a thing of the pasts.

I bid you NI! NI! NI!

NI!

Dear Mac,

The below was posted at your stats.

Quote:
Changed the definition of "active" users. Until now I have been defining an "active user" as someone with more than 0 credit. This was a holdover from the first couple of months after seti@home went live with BOINC. They were exporting 3 million 0 credit users that were imported from seti classic. The easiest way to tell which people were doing work in BOINC was to see if they had any credit. However this became outdated a long time ago but I never changed my code. Now I have finally done it and an "active user" is now defined as a user who has been granted credit in the last 14 days. This is based on the expavg_time field in the XML. The only problem now is that LHC@home is currently updating the expavg_time field every day or two so I have no way of telling wether or not a user is active. I have bugged them about it. hopefully they will see the light Smile

I only supply a trickle (of garishlu hued) shrubs, yet I seem to have disappeard. I have completed 1416,94 shrubs through BOINC'ing, but I can not find myself on the roll of KWSN!!! I used to be there before your update, and I have uploaded in the last 14 days.

What happend?? is it the Swedes??

I think we should be told.

#ni-1

#ni-1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: