KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> New and Departing Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShrubberyHag
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: New Reply with quote

Hello,

Just joined Bionic & Seti@Home! Saw your team, The Knights Who Say Ni.
What is my quest? What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Glad to be here.

Thanks,
C
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the gang! There's a number of us that were running SETI@Home before Berkeley came out with the BOINC Software - It makes things so much easier to Add Projects and Update and just about anything! - Our group is one of the oldest in Distributed Computing, and as such, we are near the top in almost all of them! O, the Glory Days of yesteryear...

Besides doing our own favorite Projects, as a group, we try to do at least SOME towards a PotM, or 'Project of the Month' - Maybe we can't do a lot as individuals, but the efforts of thousands of KWSN kNI!ggts on some Quest is noticed by all!

We also have all sorts of crazy Posts here at the Orbiting Fortress! How many cats, or Posting numbers found on objects, or 'Meanwhile, in...' - Be SURE you check out the Gorge for just about anything!

WELCOME! (and beware the Goat Droppings, as he can be quite the nuisance...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome ShrubberyHag

You have no doubt noticed that we are very proper and serious.
This is no place for fun and games.
There is a lot of effort goes into the presentation of thoughtful decorum.
We stifle every hint of a laugh or chuckle. (An outright guffaw is frowned upon.)

ShrubberyHag
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you rapscallions for this wonderful welcome! I am not going to turn all of you into newts or a ce labon a bunny do! Who are you so wise in the ways of science? Very Happy

I am seeking answers to the questions on this Bionic quest. Is the app that is available in the I-Tunes store functioning? I am curious if I can use this to track stats on my mobile device (aka cauldron of disfunction)

Also, what is the opinion here of if ETI's exist? Where can I find this?

To conclude, I am not a woman, (aka shrubbery hag) of science but I married a physicist. He's gotten me into Hawking, wormholes, and argues with me on the existence of alien life. Then I watched a horrible film which was once a Sagan story "Contact" and it had me searching for more. So you might have to rid me somedays with replies that are just off the wall and don't fill your fancy.
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, I am unaware of an iPhone App - There's at least 3 for Android Devices tho - I run them on 2 of my 3 - Here's a Link Re: iPhones...
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Android_FAQ
Quote:
Can I run BOINC on my iPhone?

There are currently some technical and legal barriers to doing volunteer computing on iPhones. It's possible that in the future these issues can be overcome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blurf
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

branjo
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NI! ShrubberyHag and welcome to the looNI!e bin.

The only app I have found in iTunes (i.e. AppStore) which allows me to track my progress in BOINC projects (can you see, there is not an "I" between "B" and "O"), is iBoincStats for iPhone/iPad at https://itunes.apple.com/sk/app/iboincstats/id506395654?mt=8

As Sir PhastPhred mentioned, there is not a possibility to shrubb projects on iOS devices Sad

In the meantime, beware of llamas and killer rabbits and just keep shrubbing. Whatever project you like - everyone is welcomed #ni-2

Sir Cracked of the Mind
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcomed HubberySag I said unto ye.... NI!.......KNO! 'Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing-goodem-zu-owly-zhiv free pawn crackers with orders over last Wenesday.

Post here may be eaten regularly on a small moon near Mars. #ni-1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> New and Departing Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: