KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Win 10 Creators Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Win 10 Creators Update Reply with quote

For unknown reasons I decided to force the new Windows 10 Creators update rather than wait for it. Now running Amicable Numbers on GPU and it lists "GPU is Missing." Mad There's some info on this at links below, but they mainly complain Boinc doesn't run at all. Mine runs, but doesn't recognize GPU. Using latest Nvidia driver. I don't see what to do other than roll back the update? You might stay away from the creators update for a while...

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=11558
https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=81274&sort_style=&start=0
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Google Fu showed this "GPU is missing" error has happened in previous large updates to Windows. The solution in this case is to uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver then reinstall. Appears to be working for now, but it has been only a few minutes... Cool
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W10 has messed up NVidia drivers a few times. I've lost many tasks due to the auto update at least twice. You should be fine now that you installed the NVidia driver clean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: