KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2016 SETI Wow! Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN S@H Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: and we have IGNITION Reply with quote

The challenge bigins with 75 KWSN registered.
*(76 if you count our double-naught spy williamd007, who will shrub under one name and commit espionage with his duplicate.)

Time to start building the large wooden Trojan Rabbit. #ni-1

24 Hour UPDATE: Thanks to some BRILLIANT footwork and fancy swordsmanship, we have regained 5th position and are furiously shrubbing our way to glory and conquest.
OK, well, ... running away from shame and everlasting oblivion, at least.

The recent entry of a few dedicated KWSN leaders have swelled our ranks to 80, (81, if you count our "spy").

We still will need every effort and the participation of ALL the undead KNi!gats we can recruit to our worthy cause.
**PLEASE HELP** #Beammeup-alien

44 Hour UPDATE: We remain in 5th place TEAM STANDINGS and are producing 45,000 credits per hour.
>The one-man "office team", SETI@Tropic Banja Luka is in 4th position and producing 49,000 credits per hour.
>The Pesky Vermin a.k.a. Raccoon Lovers are holding OUR coveted bronze 3rd place trophy with 49,000 per hour.

If just a few more key KWSN shrubmasters could find their way to the battle... REGISTER today or very soon.
We are depending on you!
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a few days into the Challenge and it seems like we have cemented a finishing spot ...
The nefarious GPU user group and the Roadkill , er, I mean, Raccoon Lovers teams both have many strong individuals who are overpowering our efforts.
The Seti-Germany team had an 'playah' who was able to bunker 3 million credits by writing a script to somehow defeat BOINC/SETI limits.
The oneperson farm (industrial office?) BojanR is pulling away from us.
The good news that none of the teams under us have a chance of catching us.
Sooooo, I predict that we will hold our 5th place TEAM position.
If none of our missing KNIGHTS that joined with us in this worthy quest in years past are able (or willing) to shrub in this years battle...

85 dedicated KWSN will get the tin trophy.

Q. Did anyone locate our grenade supplier from Antioch? #ni-1
Mifun
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we still can win a chocolate medal #ni-2
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mifun wrote:
Well we still can win a chocolate medal #ni-2

The "chocolate medal" is just a crappy ribbon for participation.
Clark
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deserve a good spanking.

Came back from work to discover that I'd put my PC on "Suspend" rather than "Run based on Preferences"

Sorry.........

Sir Not Appearing in the Credit Column for today

Badges:
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE EDIT:
2016 Wow! - (23 Aug.)
* 94 KWSN registered (largest team)
* 7 KWSN in top 100
* 2 KWSN in top 50
dtruchan
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Good job folks Reply with quote

I moved everything I could over to SETI for this, looks like we did pretty good, congrats everyone. My first real attempt at helping. Thanks for the reminder JumpinJohnny, hopefully I can get a few more computers for next year.

NI #ni-1

Last edited by dtruchan on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't stop now! This Wow Event continues until Monday 8/29 at noon EST U.S. We still have a lock on 5th place with 98 shrubtributors.
dtruchan
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Don't Stop Now Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't mean to imply I was stopping, just an early congrats, we need to keep going, just over 15 hours left, keep up the good work everyone.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2016 SETI Wow! has finished #ni-1

Everybody seems to have had a good time and we all helped SETI crunch a few more WU's.
In the final 12 hours, excitement overwhelmed many when Scorpio group took over 3rd position from Sagittarius group.

As a Team the KWSN put up 96 active members, 98 total registered... more than any other team.
We ended with a 5th place Team finish being nudged out by those pesky Raccoon Lovers and a one man "team".
Several Knights fell down or ran away before the challenge was finished. (Plague? Killer Rabbit? Llama attack? Coconut injuries?)
We also suffered a bit from the absence of 10 "key" top producers from last year. (one jumped ship, one retired in July, the others ???)
None the less, great accomplishment with a few less Knights than last year.
#alien
Top 10 KWSN: ~~~ 1. Bill Stafford 2,383,635 ~~~ 2. Sir Mick 2,074,836 ~~~ 3. williamd007 980,745 ~~~~ 4. Vince 775,536
5. dtruchan 746,845
6. Leo Hoodak 739,854
7. Gary W. Parker, Jr. 660,645
8. MajorTom 565,753
9. [KWSN]John Galt 007 385,675
10. Wild6-NJ 320,140

We should all be slapping each other on the back in congratulations for our accomplishments.
Even though our shipment of HHG from Antioch was lost in transit and the Wooden Trojan Rabbit idea did NOT quite work as expected...

** 2 KWSN in top 50 overall (Both these top 2 KWSN produced over 100,000 per day)
** 7 KWSN in top 100 overall
** Our 8 top KWSN each produced over 500,000 for the 2 week challenge

Here is the "special" recognition we all deserve after an unexpected encounter with the Spanish Inquisition:

International Philosophers' Football Trophy, (formerly the Martin Heidegger Award), goes to Plomos for being the ONLY Knight to attend ALL 5 years of the Set-Wow! Challenge.
The French Taunter Ribbon goes to lolivier for obvious reasons.
The Dead Parrot Medal is awarded to madyeti who was NOT alive for the challenge.
The Mighty Larch is claimed by Bill Stafford shrubbing 2,383,635 credits
The Stompy goes to Sir Mick shrubbing 2,074,836 credits.
*williamd007 managed to register twice and is recognized by the Ministry of Silly Walks for his 980,745 +0 credits.

Next year is THE BIG COMEBACK.

Clark
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JumpinJohnny wrote:
2016 SETI Wow! has finished #ni-1

Several Knights fell down or ran away before the challenge was finished. (Plague? Killer Rabbit? Llama attack? Coconut injuries?)

I was having a very long and fruitless conversation with a Black Kniggit who insisted that he'd won despite decapitation and couldn't gain access to my Shrubber or find Roger to get another one.

Badges:
Sir Cracked of the Mind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#ni-1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN S@H Team All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: