KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible Poem Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Possible Poem Issue Reply with quote

So I had something weird happen today and I was wondering if anyone else has encountered it. I let my main rig snag a couple of poem GPU shrubs. It started the first one and then the screen went black and the computer restarted.

Now comes weirder part. Once the machine was back up the gpu shrubs were gone, so I went to my projects list and poem was no longer on the list. Never heard of anything that would cause boinc to remove a project all by itself. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Shocked
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you just add the project before starting the work? It sounds like that when the reboot happened it restored the last backup which then would have been before the project was installed. What other projects were running and did anything else seem weird about those projects, for example like running a unit that was already reported, etc.

Just going off the cuff on this one.
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, Poem has been attached for ages. I haven't touched it in quite a while though. Plethora of reboots with it already attached. I'd be looking at other possibilities but the fact that it disappeared during the reboot (just before/after?) and that the reboot (no blue screen or anything, it just happened) occurred just as it started a wu. Happened just before I went to work. Gonna poke at the computer logs later, maybe I'll get lucky.
sir spuddly buddly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look here - http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/forum_thread.php?id=1220&sort_style=&start=20
Click every day at http://naturarvet.se/en/ to save a forest!
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My drivers are current and this is on my game box (windoze). The WUs weren't erroring out they rebooted the whole box.
sir spuddly buddly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got an Op App at Poem for GPU work? Multiple WUs on one card etc? Could be overloading the card and/or causing windows to crash.
also this http://boinc.fzk.de/poem/forum_thread.php?id=1205
"NOTE: This can result in a BSOD, and can actually crash other tasks too! So ... I'd definitely stay away from the R364 drivers until NVIDIA can land a fix!"
Click every day at http://naturarvet.se/en/ to save a forest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: