KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seti@Home - New version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN S@H Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Seti@Home - New version Reply with quote

Quote:
SETI@home: SETI@home Version 8 has been released.
This version finally gives us the ability to process data from multiple sources, including the Green Bank Telescope. That means we'll be ready for data from Breakthrough Listen when it's available.

We're releasing the versions for CPUs first. We'll release versions for graphics processing units (GPUs) and Android devices as they come available. We're releasing slowly so as not to overtax our download server. This update will happen automatically, unless you use a special version you got from another web site.

We've also made small changed to our science code to improve the Gaussian fitting routines. This means version 8 results are not compatible with version 7. So if you use a version of SETI@home you got from another site, or if you compile your own version, you'll need to get or build a version 8 application. I'm sure link will be made available in the Number Crunching forum.

A shout out to the volunteer developers (especially Urs, Jason and Raistmer) and all the beta testers for helping out.

Happy New Year!
1/1/2016 5:59:48 PM · more...

https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=78710

Breakthrough Listen Initiative Cool
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to run a few of those V8 but can't seem to get any.
I have playing around with tweeking the Lunatics optimizer and carefully added a section to the app_info.xml.
Also grabbed libfftw3f-3-3-4_x86.dll so it would run on my 64 and another file but so far all I get is an error:
Quote:
1/6/2016 10:11:17 AM | SETI@home | Message from server: Your app_info.xml file doesn't have a usable version of SETI@home v8.

Guess I'll just have to wait until it gets optimized - let someone else do the brainwork.

kc5vdj
Grunt
Grunt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JumpinJohnny wrote:
I have been trying to run a few of those V8 but can't seem to get any.
I have playing around with tweeking the Lunatics optimizer and carefully added a section to the app_info.xml.
Also grabbed libfftw3f-3-3-4_x86.dll so it would run on my 64 and another file but so far all I get is an error:
Quote:
1/6/2016 10:11:17 AM | SETI@home | Message from server: Your app_info.xml file doesn't have a usable version of SETI@home v8.

Guess I'll just have to wait until it gets optimized - let someone else do the brainwork.

Someone posted working app_info.xml templates and download links to the non-optimized berkeley versions over in the number crunching forum at berkeley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN S@H Team All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: