KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VOTE! CPU & GPU PotM August 2015 / Planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are we doing in August?
SETI all the way CPU & GPU
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
DDM first half / SETI second half
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
VOTE! In traditional poll
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Ummmm... SILLINESS! cough...scratch-scratch OUCH!
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: VOTE! CPU & GPU PotM August 2015 / Planning Reply with quote

I thought we already decided not to have a poll for the August PotM and select SETI for both CPU and GPU due to the upcoming SETI Wow Event from 8/15 - 8/25/15. For what it's worth I think the original Big Daddy-O project deserves our full attention at least one month every year, but maybe we should double check to be sure. There seems to be a lot of interest in continuing with Distributed Data Mining, so maybe we could do a "split-shift" with DDM 8/1 - 8/14 and SETI for the 2nd half of the month. Or we could do a traditional poll for August.

Oh what the heck, we're so good at elections now, let's VOTE on it! But make it quick, it's getting late!

By the way, only 26 Knights are registered for the SETI Wow Event so far. If you haven't done so, please register NOW before JumpinJohnny rips a gasket. I'm glad I worded it that way because I wouldn't want to accuse him of blowing a seal! Laughing
Bullocks
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like it 50/50 Seti DDM so I'll go with that option tbh Seti all month GPU DDM up til 15th on CPU. Can we cache though for wow?

If not there is no advantage doing it all month
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To collect pending credits before race start is not only allowed but welcome! The whole purpose is to do our utmost and work hard for SETI@home and thus provide invaluable support. So don't be afraid to start crunching for SETI@home with all of your available CPUs & GPUs before the race starts.

http://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/44_en_Welcome.html
Bullocks
Duke
Duke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankton wrote:
Quote:
To collect pending credits before race start is not only allowed but welcome! The whole purpose is to do our utmost and work hard for SETI@home and thus provide invaluable support. So don't be afraid to start crunching for SETI@home with all of your available CPUs & GPUs before the race starts.

http://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/44_en_Welcome.html

Thanks. that's a game changer then Smile It just so happens i have some seti units in the queue already. must get some more in. I voted for the dual project option but will now ignore my own vote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN BOINC'ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: