KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Titan Down!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Titan Down! Reply with quote

Ordered a replacement titan x. Going to order up the liquid cooling system next month that got delayed when my company was bought out last year. So the main box is clearing out its shrubs and will then idle for now. I think I will wait until they release a hydro copper version of the titan z and snag that and then move this new titan x over to the linux box. And I'm going to take apart the current beastie and see if I can find a problem. It has been pushed rather hard.

ah well. such is life.

#ni-2
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Wasn't a mosfet. One of the R33 chokes was burned up. With the way it's set in I don't think I can get safely replace it so I started an RMA process with EVGA. I assumed I had no warranty, but I have no warranty from newegg where I bought it. EVGA has a standing warranty on these cards and I appear to have a year and a half left. So I should hear from them next week about the RMA process. And I have a titan x coming monday (#2, as the 1st one was defective and I've returned it and am waiting for a refund). It was nice to finely have a day to sit down and do stuff though.

#ni-1
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have a linux question. I have my new X in my game machine. My original titan was replaced with a refurbished unit by EVGA (It was a power choke burned out and it was surrounded by tiny components - safer to let them deal with it). I placed it in my dedicated linux shrubber. It's shrubbing away happily but has one issue. I can't seem to get opencl support for it. I installed the latest drivers and the cuda toolkit (6.5, package for 7 isn't out for fedora yet). The build target files are present but it didn't make the opencl driver. This so far keeps me from milky way and probably a few others. I have it working einstein for the time being. Has anyone else used a new nvidia on a linux box had issues getting opencl working? Heading out for the day. Will do more troubleshooting later.

#ni-2
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved. My version of GCC is too new (sheesh). 4 ocl-icd packages didn't get installed even though they are required. Happily shrubbing away. Hopefully the cuda 7 toolkit will have a Fedora 21 package soon. And the cuda developers forum is great, poking through it is how I found the problem!

#ni-1
Plomos
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is not directly in reference to your opencl issue, but Fedora is releasing version 22 by the end of the month so who knows how long it will take folks to get stuff up to speed for 22, unless you just leave it unupdated. Just an fyi since i've been keeping track of it for my laptop

Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I did a full update before the nvidia/cuda install. Shouldn't be much longer before the cuda 7 toolkit is ready for Fedora 21. Fedora 22 may or may not (probably may) throw a monkey wrench into the works for all this. Especially with the upcoming version 4 of the linux kernel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: