KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SubsetSum@Home, Wildlife@Home and DNA@Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> DC News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: SubsetSum@Home, Wildlife@Home and DNA@Home Reply with quote

Travis has made an announcement that he is finally looking into a project unification merger. Creating a whole new project probably called "Citizen Science Grid".

What this entails it seems is to migrate all the credits over to the new single project from these previous ones. Currently they do not have a date as to when they plan on, but it's in a planning stage currently.

You will need to use their system to move the credits, as they know some people use different emails at different projects sometimes.

Check the news on SubSetSum (and probably the other two) for more information.
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: SubsetSum@Home, Wildlife@Home and DNA@Home Reply with quote

Pooh Bear 27 wrote:
...What this entails it seems is to migrate all the credits over to the new single project from these previous ones.... it's in a planning stage currently.
You will need to use their system to move the credits... Check the news on SubSetSum (and probably the other two) for more information.

Project Unification topic at Wildlife@Home >>http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/wildlife/forum_thread.php?id=609
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The linking of accounts to the new site
Citizen Science Grid has begun. Maybe SubSetSum will get some life breathed into again?

They are keeping the projects on their separate sites to keep the credit all working, but the new site will host all the forums and I am unsure what it will do with the credit.

Looks good, so far.

Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to run Wildlife or DNA since this merge? If so, does the project names still stay the same for WUProp credit?

Inquiring minds want to know, since I have over 4K WUProp hours in SubSetSum and hope I do not have to start over when it gets started back up, hopefully this fall if they get a guinea pig (I mean student) to run the project.
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuprop does the occasional merger. Should be a non-issue
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[subset_sum] added windows 32 and 64 bit applications
The windows applications were running fine in my VM so I've released these as well. Let me know if you have any issues with them. I've also made a few more workunits to get a larger test set of results.

[subset_sum] testing workunits
It's been a long time coming, but I think I might have fixed some of the issues with the subset sum application. I've made a test batch of 100 workunits, and have added 32 and 64 bit linux and OSX applications. I'll be testing windows in a bit. Please let me know how these are crunching. If all works well we should go back to having a steady flow of subset sum workunits coming out!
http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/csg/

35K WUs for SubSetSum@Home just released, not sure which OS...
JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LanDroid wrote:

35K WUs for SubSetSum@Home just released, not sure which OS...

I've been shrubbing some on Windoz 64 over the last 30 hours. I think they released all flavors, Linux & OSX), except NOT android.
There are apparently plans for GPU >>
Quote:
The next thing on the agenda for SSS is an openCL version, as I think we'll be able to use GPUs very nicely with this project.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> DC News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: