KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 years+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: 10 years+ Reply with quote

I realized today my SETI account has a date of 14-July-2003. Which means I have been shrubbing more than 10 years. Now I actually did start on SETI with a different e-mail in 1999, but never shrubbed anything under that account.

I didn't know about joining teams until BOINC came about. I jumped on that bandwagon pretty quickly and when I did is when I joined you loonies and I have not been the same...strike that, looked back since.

Lets see, those 10 years, my kids are now fully living on their own. I have crossed being married more than 1/2 my life and 1/4 century of being married, had at least 4 different jobs and have crossed the 1/2 century age spot. I do not remember what old computers I had back then, but I've shrubbed from a single PC to over a dozen at one time, currently I run 5 and may pare that down as I get faster boxes and get slower at keeping up with them.

Anyway, I am happy to be in a loonie bin like this and wanted to let you all know that.

JumpinJohnny
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Cool ! Cool
Of all the brags I've read here, that's one of the better.

CONGRATS on your ten years long service !

A special coconut is in the mail as your trophy.

#ni-1
Plomos
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome stuff man. So great to see older guys still doing all this in whatever way they can. Here's to hoping things keep going so us loonies can help even more

Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a heck of a long time.

Ni
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ni +Hi !

I started DC'ing (SETI) in the last centuary(*) , but I purchased my first box in 1980 (Sharp M80K ? with 32 K memory Shocked ) .
My age has two digits , one is a three , the other is a six . You figure the order Laughing

Regds Grizzly

Ps Grizz in his second childhood - but not his last !

Edihtor of the KoKC (excused spel;l checher'er)

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly wrote:
Ni +Hi !

I started DC'ing (SETI) in the last centuary(*) , but I purchased my first box in 1980 (Sharp M80K ? with 32 K memory Shocked ) .
My age has two digits , one is a three , the other is a six . You figure the order Laughing

Regds Grizzly

My first box was in 1981, Healthkit H89 which I built. Started with 48K of memory. Updated it to an H90 with 64K of memory. It ran CP/M and Z-DOS.

I actually started on computers in 1975 from a teletype dialed into a PDP11/23 RSTS system.

Got to love looking at computers nearly 40 years later.

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pooh Bear 27 wrote:
Grizzly wrote:
Ni +Hi !

Regds Grizzly

My first box was in 1981, Healthkit H89 which I built. Started with 48K of memory. Updated it to an H90 with 64K of memory. It ran CP/M and Z-DOS.

I actually started on computers in 1975 from a teletype dialed into a PDP11/23 RSTS system.

Got to love looking at computers nearly 40 years later.

Ni + HiCrimble everyOne

I'ma gonna raise your 'Puter 'speriance and place a Pet Commodore (?) TAPE machine in there in 1978 - SO THERE . (It was owned by the company I worked for to do accounts - however - it REALLLY only played asci(?) Star Trek (remember that?) with us geeks Embarassed ) .
I was allowed to play with it (ARRgh) 'cos Da-Grizz knew (phew) university BASIC from the mainframe they (uni) had (Cannee remember make , ICL? , but had the task of "fixing" (read reattatching) their "band" teleprinter (Hewlet Packard ?) to the paralel port so I was an EXPERT there then Rolling Eyes ))))

Merry Crimble everyone

Regds Grizz .

PS : DON'T get me started on Computer languages OR Operating Systems , I knew I was Buggered'ed when I mixed up Call/Return (*) on two proggies 20 years ago , and could not for the life of me understand the debug Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Ps Grizz in his second childhood - but not his last !

Edihtor of the KoKC (excused spel;l checher'er)

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: