KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The first mil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: The first mil Reply with quote

Well, I've now hit 1 million credits total, now for the next mil #ni-1

In some ways, considering that until a week ago I didn't even have a gfx card to shrub off of, and much of that mil was from the old ways of an Athlon 64 and prior to 64-bit x86 processors having even come to market in the first place (when a 64-bit proc was more reserved to the Alphas and SPARCs that were out then), I think the first mil was harder then, and more of an achievement then the next mil will end up being.

But then hardware has moved on over the years, and so have we all.... #ni-1 When BOINC first came out, think I was running on what now, would be considered a lowly Athlon XP 1900+, single core proc, of course....

Course a few credits were lost along the way also, such as at Predictor@home which went belly up (after the project went down hill following lets just say maneagement issues), and an even larger chunk was lost at Tanpaku, which for similar reasons couldn't be merged back when my email address had to change and all, but such was the breaks....

Concrete-mixing Moose
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! With a half-decent card you'll be racing towards the next mil - boinc on!

#ni-1

Save my home - click every day on the picture!
Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this laptop has a gt650m with 1 GB GDDR5... Not too shabby; though and as I understand it, not all these projects are designed with the level of parallelism involved which would allow a single task to use a most sizeable % of the GPU's processing units.... It's based on the new Keppler arch and all....

Sir Cracked of the Mind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By this time next year we will be millionaires Rodders........ #ni-1
Sir Papa Smurph
Cries like a little girl
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> The Bragging Yard All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: