KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having more than one E-Mail address for same computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightwish
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Having more than one E-Mail address for same computer Reply with quote

I HAD a problem in the past that created more than one e-mail for one account. The only way to correct this on my KWSN profile page was to change all my projects to reflect that address.
One of my projects, POEM@Home, I have three e-mail accounts with the same computer information. I thought everything was corrected, but now I see that they are using the wrong e-mail address when running the project. I have sent them a posting in their forum under number crunching. I know that I will probably lose some credit, but this needs to be resolved. Can you give me more information on this problem that might be of some help? Thanks, Nightwish #ni-1

<iframe
Pooh Bear 27
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's using the wrong one, it's the one you logged in with from BOINC. You need to detach POEM and connect with the correct address.
Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the account with their project is updated to the right email address, then connect it, with some others to try to get it all to update. If that doesn't work, make sure every project is on the same email and password and from BOINC stats page, have it re-issue a new CPID, then update them all from a single BOINC client to force them to resolve.

Only problem, retired projects there would be no way to update by the above method for the "if all else fails"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: