KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot Enough for Ya?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarGal
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Hot Enough for Ya? Reply with quote

OK scientists, CAN human life survive at 120 degrees Fahrenheit?

#Microwave
#ni-2 #ni-2 #ni-2
Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what we invented air conditioning for #ni-1

Though I must say, the heat when I lived in New Mexico was better then what we experience here, even if the 104 degrees today was less then the 106 degree temps out there. There it was just hot and dry, which actually felt cooler. This is more the sticky kind, where you're sticking to your cloathes and stuff. The desert southwest doesn't get it near 95% relative humidity Surprised Right nnow the sun has just about gone down 1.5 hours early and it's turned to severe thunder showers. There wasn't enough room before hitting the dew point, for things to begin to drop here, without, well the rain's comming down in sheets now #ni-1

Grizzly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot Enough for Ya? Reply with quote

StarGal wrote:
OK scientists, CAN human life survive at 120 degrees Fahrenheit?

#Microwave
#ni-2 #ni-2 #ni-2

Try Quatar in summer . Daytime avg temps ~ 130 ° F (Circa 1972) . Of course inland 20 miles from sea , and 0 % humidity (ish) . DROPPED a LOT at night though . Highest I ever saw was 148 ° August 1972 .

How long @ 120 ° F ???

Regds .

Ps Grizz in his second childhood - but not his last !

Edihtor of the KoKC (excused spel;l checher'er)

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StarGal
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly,
Yes, I forgot about the desserts.
Anticipating 120. Hope not though.

Confused #ni-1
Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having experienced both, I prefer the drier heat to the humid/sticky kind. 95 F and high humidity in New York or Philadelphia is far, far worse then 106 F and dry in Albuquerque ever was.... I've lived in both climates, though yes Albuq being 10,000 ft above sea level it doesn't get quite as hot as Phoenix, AZ, let along eastern CA (round abouts Death Valley).... The drier heat is far more tame an experience then sticking to one's cloathes and feeling all icky all over, as it's more like being in a sauna wearing damp towels (themselves saturated with extremely warm water) head heat to below the waist, rather then just being in an oven Surprised

Sweating also cools one off far more effectively when the perspiration can actually evaporate from the body also #ni-1 All types of hot don't exactly feel the same Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: