KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get BBC America either being in Australia and all that.

I still can't take to Matt Smith as the Doctor or whatsername as whatsername. I do like Rory though. He's a good character. I'll give it another go this year because it is Doctor Who and I've grown up with it. Doesn't mean that I have to like them.

Torchwood

Has anyone seen the new Torchwood eps yet? I haven't seen them because I've only got free-to-air and they're being aired on UKTV here. I really need my John Barrowman fix. I've got him on Twitface and really enjoy reading his twittiness and sense of humour. His partner is really gorgeous too. Such a shame. So many single women and so many gorgeous gay men.

Farscape

Well, I have finally seen all of Farscape from beginning to end. When it was on telly, I only saw a few eps but I did enjoy what I saw. All four seasons and then peacekeeper wars. Can't wait to watch them all through again even if Crichton was a bit loud and annoying for a lot of it. I loved that show.

Firefly

Another great show that I finally managed to see from beginning to end. I saw Serenity and loved it before I saw Firefly. Watching Firefly before watching Serenity again made it even better.

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Grizzly
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up on TorchWood again after missing a series , umm , now really REALY confused .

Umm something Day ?

Gotta find the previous episodes (Series)

WOW , what a thinking man/women's Sci-Fi with the conotations in no one dying concept ! Shocked Embarassed

regds You Know WHO I am

Ps Grizz in his second childhood - but not his last !

Edihtor of the KoKC (excused spel;l checher'er)

AND NI !!! Tophat 10e

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/grizzly_counter.php[/[url=http://www.katrinashome.com/] ][/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchwood:_Miracle_Day

Quote:
Episode list
# Title Directed by Written by Original air date Production
code
1 "The New World"[66] Bharat Nalluri[13] Russell T Davies[13] 8 July 2011 (2011-07-0Cool [67] 101
Earth is facing a phenomenon known as "Miracle Day", where for over 24 hours nobody dies, and the world will become unsustainable to the soaring population within four months. Every United States Government agency receives a tip on Torchwood, only to later find every trace of the word deleted by the newly returned Jack Harkness, who discovers that he is now mortal. Separately, he and CIA agent Rex Matheson - who has suffered a 'fatal' accident but cannot die - travel to South Wales to find Gwen Cooper, who is living in exile with husband Rhys and infant daughter Anwen. Jack, Rhys and Gwen find themselves under attack by unknown mercenaries in a helicopter. After Jack saves them, Rex arrives and has Jack and Gwen extradited back to the United States.

2 "Rendition"[66] Billy Gierhart[13] Doris Egan[13] 15 July 2011 (2011-07-15)[68] 102
As Rex brings the Torchwood team to America, problems arise on the plane: CIA operatives are plotting to remove them, and poison Jack, who is now the only mortal man on the planet. Gwen and Rex, with the help of Doctor Juarez, create an antidote. Meanwhile, Oswald Danes begins appearing on talk shows, generating buzz in the press and online after seemingly apologizing on national television. Upon landing, Rex and his colleague Esther find that they have been framed as traitors by an unknown party. Realising that they are being hunted, Rex and Esther join Jack and Gwen and go on the run.

3 "Dead of Night"[66] Billy Gierhart[13] Jane Espenson[13] 22 July 2011 (2011-07-22)[69] 103
Torchwood goes on the run and finds a new enemy, but as they launch a raid on PhiCorp headquarters, Jack must confront the mysterious Oswald Danes.

4 "Escape to L.A."[66] Billy Gierhart[13] Jim Gray & John Shiban[13] 29 July 2011 (2011-07-29)[70] 104
The fight against PhiCorp takes the Torchwood team to California, where a trap is waiting. Meanwhile, Oswald and Jilly find themselves with a politician leading an anti-undying segregation campaign called "Dead is Dead" that threatens PhiCorp's plans.

5 "The Categories of Life"[66] Guy Ferland[13] Jane Espenson[13] 5 August 2011 (2011-08-05) [71] 105
Torchwood, undercover, goes to the overflow camps where they find a shocking revelation to those marked Categories 1 or 2. Meanwhile, Captain Jack attempts to convince Oswald Danes to expose PhiCorp's advanced knowledge of the Miracle in front of a televised audience.

6 "The Middle Men"[66] Guy Ferland[13] John Shiban[13] 12 August 2011 (2011-08-12) [72] 106
With Gwen, Rex and Esther trapped on both sides of the Atlantic, it's a race against time as Jack goes straight to the heart of the conspiracy.

Yet to be aired:

Quote:
7 "Immortal Sins"[66] Gwyneth Horder-Payton[13] Jane Espenson[13] 19 August 2011 (2011-08-19) [73] 107
8 "End of the Road"[66] Gwyneth Horder-Payton[13] Jane Espenson & Ryan Scott[13] 26 August 2011 (2011-08-26) [74] 108
9 "The Gathering"[66] Guy Ferland[13] John Fay 2 September 2011 (2011-09-02) [75] 109
10 "The Blood Line"[66] Billy Gierhart[13] Russell T Davies & Jane Espenson[76] 9 September 2011 (2011-09-09)[77] 110

I have all six episodes in AVI if needed...
Goat-tacular!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POOOOND!
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Hamster's Goat wrote:
POOOOND!

Goat by Pond...

Quote:
Wild goat on Hwy 31 next to Nu'u salt pond.

Goat-tacular!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAAMYYYY!
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On 15th September 2011, astronomers announced the discovery of a real planet that orbits two suns. The planet, called Kepler-16b, is about 200 light years from Earth, in the constellation Cygnus, and is believed to be a frozen world of rock and gas, about the size of Saturn. It orbits two stars that are also circling each other, one about two-thirds the size of our sun, the other about a fifth the size of our sun. Each orbit takes 229 days, while Kepler-16b orbits the system's center of mass every 225 days; the stars eclipse each other every three weeks or so. Scientists made the finding through NASA's Kepler spacecraft, which launched in 2009 and has been a driving force in the recent explosion in the discovery of distant planets.

Gallifrey has been FOUND!
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhastPhred wrote:
Quote:
On 15th September 2011, astronomers announced the discovery of a real planet that orbits two suns. The planet, called Kepler-16b, is about 200 light years from Earth, in the constellation Cygnus, and is believed to be a frozen world of rock and gas, about the size of Saturn. It orbits two stars that are also circling each other, one about two-thirds the size of our sun, the other about a fifth the size of our sun. Each orbit takes 229 days, while Kepler-16b orbits the system's center of mass every 225 days; the stars eclipse each other every three weeks or so. Scientists made the finding through NASA's Kepler spacecraft, which launched in 2009 and has been a driving force in the recent explosion in the discovery of distant planets.

Sorry, it's Tatooine!

#Usa

Keeper of the Unending keg of PGGBs
Taunter in Training
Campaign Manager for Sir Shrubbery

Plus

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrorless wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, it's Tatooine!

Note to Self: Go to Mafia Wars and ICE this guy... Laughing
Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhastPhred wrote:
mohrorless wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, it's Tatooine!

Dude, that's Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight! You can't ice him. He will have you for breakfast!

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrorless wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
mohrorless wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, it's Tatooine!

Dude, that's Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight! You can't ice him. He will have you for breakfast!

Not if I take out his troublesome Laser Lightsabre with THIS!

Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhastPhred wrote:
mohrorless wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
mohrorless wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, it's Tatooine!

Then he will use The Force on you and you little sonic toothbrush there.

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrorless wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
mohrorless wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
mohrorless wrote:
PhastPhred wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, it's Tatooine!

Then he will use The Force on you and you little sonic toothbrush there.

Mail Order Goat Bride
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Usa

Taunter in Training

Plus

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2rfTR1PJkk

Doctor Who Theme (With Lyrics!), A Capella...

Seriously, Wiki has this to say:
Quote:
In 1972, Jon Pertwee recorded a version of the Doctor Who theme, with spoken lyrics, entitled "Who Is The Doctor?".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLXOO9PnnMQ

Quote:
Song Lyrics:
I cross the void beyond the mind
The empty space that circles time
I see where others stumble blind
To seek a truth they never find
Eternal wisdom is my guide
I am the Doctor.

Through cosmic waste the Tardis flys
To taste the secret sauce of life
A presence science can't deny
Exists within outside behind
The latitude of the human mind
I am the Doctor.

My voyage dissects the course of time
Who knows, you say
But are you right
Who such indeed to find the light
That glows so darkly in the night
Toward that point I guide my flight.

As fingers move to end mankind
Metallic teeth begin to grind
With sword of truth I turn to fight
The satanic powers of the night
Is your faith before your mind
No man, Am I the Doctor?

Last edited by PhastPhred on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
klaatuborada
Yo ho! Post ho!
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need to use the force, these are not the droids you're looking for. Move along, move along.

SpineyNorman
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone seen Jenny lately? Or am I the only one that wants to? Wink

Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found her!

Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they will ever bring her back into the story.

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: