KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Won't suspend when user active

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Won't suspend when user active Reply with quote

Whenever I update to the latest Boinc client (currently trying 6.10.56), it will not suspend crunching when I'm active. I have prefs set to run only after computer idle for 6 minutes. Activity set to run based on preferences. But it's cranking along at 100% while I type this. When I go back to an older version of Boinc, it suspends correctly. Any ideas on how to get Boinc to suspend when a user is active?
stooper101
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried this out yet, but I am using .56 right now. If it wasn't so late, I'd experiment a little. Maybe tomorrow. But here are a few things to look at.

Is your "While computer is in use" box unchecked?
Have you changed "While processor usage is less than X percent" to something other than 0? Default is zero and that will be no restriction. Theory is it will continue to run boinc even when you do minor tasks (surfing, email...) but when you start up photoshop, it will shut down boinc. (as long as you have this setting to 25% or whatever, that will depend on your system) Set it to 1 to shut down every time you strike a key, set it to 90 to have boinc keep running during WoW.

That's all I got for now, hope it helps. Very Happy

>stats<
LanDroid
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have the While computer is in use unchecked. I reduced the "While processor usage is less than X percent" from 25 to 10. I'll try that for a while. Maybe that's the answer, I can reduce it further to make Boinc suspend more frequently when the computer is active......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> Ye Olde Help Scrolls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: