KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old woman(mann, sorry) wrote:
[M]aybe I'm just getting old and crusty.

I thought that was MY job... Wink
Baron
Baron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Oh dear Reply with quote

Watched the 4th episode, it was good.
Re the 3rd episode; I was drunk when I saw it, my friend who I watched it with was drunk, he's watched it since, says it's not so bad. So now I have to watch it again....
Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has picked up again in 2010. Some eps got re-aired and showed up on the web as 2009 eps; but they were really reruns. I thought things were largely done after having seen up to what looked like the end a few years back. But guess not.

I ended up seeing the specials this year, and then picked up the new episodes recently now that I have FiOS back. (The specials were available on DirectTV where i used to live starting last Dec until this past month; but long story and much of the time the TV service wasn't working there.)

Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new multi-colored daaleks are lame. They look like cheap plastic gaudy trash cans. The planes flying in space were rather cheesed up too. Gives me a bad feeling for the future of the series.
A Shrubbery
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your description, I'd say it's a return to their roots. I remember some pretty gaudy awful (yes, pun intended) effects from the earlier years.

KWSN - A Shrubbery
Shrubbing since 2000 for the KaNI!ghts.
Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalek's mobile units were always moving trash cans of a sort :laugh: With a most disgusting entity inside, after certain inhabitants from Skaro were "evolved" into those disgusting, slimey, disgusting looking things #ni-1

The Kaleds allowed themselves to be devolved, would be more like it, following their madman scientist, if you ask me. Ah well, a trash can would be a fitting home for that disgusting blob Razz

Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to navigate INSDIE the TARDIS: http://io9.com/5545607/the-mind+bending-cartography-of-the-tardis
Sir Hamster of Elderberry
KWSN ArchBishop
KWSN ArchBishop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Smith Rocks The House

http://io9.com/5574045/matt-smith-rocks-the-effing-house-with-his-own-theme-song

It doesn't really get going until about 2 minute along.

Bonus: John Barrowman sings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtdGwiMtZ08&feature=player_embedded

ni!i!u
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else find the first two eps of this season of Doctor Who hard to follow and a bit disjointed? It will be interesting to see what next week brings.

My son was trying to figure out all the convolutions last night, and which Doctor River Song must have been involved with in her past/his future because it seems to be all over the place. It is quite obvious that they must have had more than just the Doctor/companion thing going on.
My son wants to write to Steven Moffat to complain 'because the Doctor is a Time Lord and doesn't have personal relationships'. lol

I'd like to know who the girl is. The one who regenerated at the end. And why Amy was pregnant and then not pregnant but saw a photo of herself with the baby. If the girl can regenerate like a Time Lord, and is Amy's baby, does that mean Amy and the Doctor were getting busy behind Rory's back? Can't see it myself but who knows what goes on behind closed doors? I hope it doesn't end up like The Bold and the Beautiful!

[img]http://www.katrinashome.com/KWSN_Michelle_counter.php[/img]
Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have an entire season to work on that story arc. They are still technically working on the story arc from last season and tying it into this season as well. Your son will just have to be patient, and technically River Song has a relationship with the 10th Doctor.

Ni
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that means she would have had a relationship with David Tennant's Doctor, and that's where I get confused. He was in love with Rose and didn't even have a proper relationship with her but he was supposed to have had a relationship with River Song.

Rose ended up getting stuck with the pseudo-Doctor instead. I suppose it's better than nothing, but not exactly the real thing.

Maybe, we're just not supposed to try and work it out. Confused

I wish David Tennant was still the Doctor. Matt Smith is okay but he's a bit too young and clownish for me.

Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuadormrac wrote:
Dalek's mobile units were always moving trash cans of a sort :laugh: With a most disgusting entity inside, after certain inhabitants from Skaro were "evolved" into those disgusting, slimey, disgusting looking things #ni-1

The Kaleds allowed themselves to be devolved, would be more like it, following their madman scientist, if you ask me. Ah well, a trash can would be a fitting home for that disgusting blob Razz

After the Kalids and Thalls fought there war for 1,000 years or whatever it was, they had devolved. As the storyline went on, they used to be more advanced, but fought so long, they kept falling to be more and more primative, but the war wouldn't end in spite of the effect on their civilization.

And no, that mad scientist didn't help; and yes those were most disgusting entities. BTW, the cybermen from the first season looked rather gaudy compared to latter seasons.

Nuadormrac
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle wrote:
Did anyone else find the first two eps of this season of Doctor Who hard to follow and a bit disjointed? It will be interesting to see what next week brings.

My son was trying to figure out all the convolutions last night, and which Doctor River Song must have been involved with in her past/his future because it seems to be all over the place. It is quite obvious that they must have had more than just the Doctor/companion thing going on.
My son wants to write to Steven Moffat to complain 'because the Doctor is a Time Lord and doesn't have personal relationships'. lol

I'd like to know who the girl is. The one who regenerated at the end. And why Amy was pregnant and then not pregnant but saw a photo of herself with the baby. If the girl can regenerate like a Time Lord, and is Amy's baby, does that mean Amy and the Doctor were getting busy behind Rory's back? Can't see it myself but who knows what goes on behind closed doors? I hope it doesn't end up like The Bold and the Beautiful!

I haven't been able to follow this in some time, as the last almost year I'd been staying at a place which had Optimum, which doesn't cover BBC-America. I guess I'll need to download the eps I missed. When I have FiOS again, it carries the channel in it's lineup.

But as far as convoluted and all; I'm not sure what I would consider, after having watched through Lost in the past. Lost sort of took the cake for "hard to follow" if you missed an episode in there....

Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're way out of the loop so I hope you can catch up okay. It's a shame you have to have cable to watch it over there. It's on free-to-air here so we don't have to fork out heaps of dollars a month to watch the telly.

I agree with you about Lost. I think I watched most of the first two seasons and then gave up on it.

The Knighty NI
Prince
Prince

Location: Lost in space on a rather small Blue ping pong ball. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you miss episodes of any series shown on the BBC channels you can always catch up in the UK via BBC iPlayer.

Not sure if you would be able to use that tool in other countries of if there is any payment required.

Linky Doo here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
Michelle
Moistened Bint
Prince

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got something similar here.

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/

The good thing is that it doesn't count towards the download limit with our isp. The other online catch-up channels do. Confused

PhastPhred
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76vzfxJRByA

Doctor Who Fall 2011 Trailer from Comic-Con - YouTube (Duh!)

Doctor Who returns to BBC America with all new episodes beginning on August 27 at 9/8c.
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get BBC America. Sad

(older, before split CPID)
Cow_tipping
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be able to download the episodes via torrents one day later.
That's how I watch all (mostly US) series (NCIS, Burn Notice and even UK top gear episodes)
The Knighty NI
Prince
Prince

Location: Lost in space on a rather small Blue ping pong ball. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh so you are a fan of Richard, James and that curly haired nutcase Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: