KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index KWSN Orbiting Fortress
KWSN Distributed Computing Teams forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monty Python turns 40 today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yankton
Prince
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Monty Python turns 40 today Reply with quote

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.8d21e7511884e692374e22d2e3021719.2a1&show_article=1

#ni-1
52 Aces
Grunt
Grunt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Brushes with Python... Reply with quote

40 !! Ok,... one quick tale, in early 1987, Graham Chapman was touring the US on a speaking circuit, and came to the college I attended -- finally, a speaker I very much wanted to see !

The auditorium held about 700, and was packed. His lecture segment was really excellent (he probably gave it at 75 colleges), classic dry delivery, and he had some great anecdotes from Python, Letters to BBC about Poofsters, The Who (specifically Keith Moon), various drinking games, and I guess as a bit of foreshadowing he spoke a lot about life, death, and legacy.

During the Q&A, I asked how it was he got to be the lead character in BOTH Life of Brian and Holy Grail. He said he wasn't seeking it at all, and in fact slunk to the back of the room and never spoke when the topic of Lead came up -- the others argued it out and basically eliminated each other until he was the only choice left, twice.

There was a small reception for 25 who passed a Python test earlier in the week.. I nailed it Wink So I got to shake hands and ask a few more questions, and talked a bit about the Live at City Center performances (at age 10, I talked my parents into taking us). I do in hindsight regret not bringing a camera along to the reception, but no one did back in those days, it didn't seem proper I suppose.
Killerrabbit
Major Oblivion
Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it is 40, it has been around forever. John CLeese is the oldest at 70.

In November I will see John Cleese in person. Later I will share my story of seeing Holy Grail for the first time.

Ni
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KWSN Orbiting Fortress Forum Index -> KWSN Round Table All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: